Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Igynpadca OOC  (Read 1150 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Igynpadca OOC
« on: August 02, 2015, 09:14:02 pm »

I know what you're thinking:

Why would Igynpadca have an OOC thread? There's no point.

Here's why:
 While I was reading the early posts on Igynpadca, I realized that it could be possible for a tabletop game to be made like it. Suddenly, I came across another person on the thread who said the same (although instead suggesting programming a game). It was even suggested that an OOC thread be created! I since I saw none on the first page, I searched the entire board for it, thinking it might give me ideas for my game, but I could find none. So I created my own.

Here is a place where people can can pitch in some mechanics to the game. However, don't go over board; I think we'd all want it to be playable in the end. Of course, why not also use the 100+ pages of already written material as inspiration? It would take me far too long to read it all, and I would be too tired by the second half to think clearly. So, if some brave souls would be willing to sign up to "scour" self-assigned pages, I would be extremely happy. I hope this works out - and if it does - all that helped will be given credit to for the rest of time!

Heroic Page Readers
*name* (*first of assigned pages*-*last of assigned pages*)
1. Lord_lemonpie (5-10)
2. Hiddenleafguy (?)
etc.

Creatively Ingenious Idea Suggesters
*name*(*suggested idea*)
etc.

Hall of Famousness
*name*(*noteworthy achievement*)
etc.

Let's make this great!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:55:07 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca OOC
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 09:23:47 pm »

wait i'm still confused

how would this even work
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 10:13:51 pm »

Well, we'd implement some of the less confusing rules & mechanics into a dice-based tabletop roleplaying game (think D&D). I'd probably create the final ruleset, item set, and world description, unless someone would be willing to help me with that. You could pitch in an idea (for instance the existence of sectors) which you either make up or scour from the game thread. Does that make sense?
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 11:25:09 pm »

Well, we'd implement some of the less confusing rules & mechanics into a dice-based tabletop roleplaying game (think D&D). I'd probably create the final ruleset, item set, and world description, unless someone would be willing to help me with that. You could pitch in an idea (for instance the existence of sectors) which you either make up or scour from the game thread. Does that make sense?
PTW.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 12:04:15 am »

EDIT: Changed my mind.
EDIT 2: Sorted things by sector number. Added lemonpie's research.

We should start with listing a few of the locations that make up the map, their sector number, and what they contain.
I would say all the locations described up to page 25 would be good enough for now.
Here is what I got from the first 5 pages:
[sector # - location  (features)]

1(probably) - Lesser Dirtstick   (starting town, Tavern the trusty bunghole, used to have Astral Turnips, City hall, Giant Flying Chicken)
1(probably) - Greater Dirtstick (used to have Astral Turnips)
2 - [indoor level]       (walrus bomb (trap?))
3 - ??                      (Golden pinecone)
3-2 - Armory Balcony (Pyramid Crates, Hidden unfinished arena)
4 - Frost giant caves  (Mine-able frost powder, frost giants, waterfall)
4 - Labyrinth             (Behind waterfall, reverse signs, Manotaur (blocks the way, monster), doors (do not open!))
6 - Swamp
8 - Bonus Level
9 - Bonus Level         (astroliths (monster))
10 - Bonus Level
12 - ??                    (darklight (item))
15 - ??                    (recursive bonus mission (exits lead back to beginning), magical darkness, tiny bolthole)
18 - ??                    (Light Warden (monster))
23 - ??                    (Brood Mare Hive (monster))
30+ - Traffic Zone    (Close to Hammerdark and Hammerspace, Rod of Caution (drop))
32 - Flying Stockmarkot (A lot of profit)
? - Base 17               (space gerbil)
? - Shattered Heights (Mirror Company lieutenants (high-pinecone monsters))
? - Albino village        (on raised area (has steps leading up to it))
? - Hammergorge       (White fleece (quest item), tutorial NPCs, thermometer repair shop?)
? - [field]                 (kitten (quest NPC))
? - High Mountains     (baby-delivering storks, Slime Sliphs (monster, at bottom), reachable only by Ski Lift Pass (expensive) or flying pet)
? - Fire Mountains
? - Fifteenth Water Nexus (Process caster (drop))
? - Azrblan Factory    (Updated Coniferous Accelerator (drop))
? - Highcordia            (used to have Astral Turnips)
? - Lazenbaugh
? - Aquazia
? - DeathCaves (Astral Turnips, Death-related damage)
? - the Aussiemancer (Dungeon)
? - Frozendurt (Candy Golems)
? - Bearstick Forest (Pedro Bears, Candy Fist of Omnominom (rare drop))
? - Dusk Central Stock Market (Accesable Sewers)

I think the following pages should be easier to transcribe.
For convenience, all location records should be done in the same format.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:04:47 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 11:16:24 am »

Hrmm... Why is no one willing to help? Once it's done, we could play it on FG&RP! Isn't that incentive enough?
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 12:34:49 pm »

I though about this topic, and realized the lack of participation is probably due to the fact that many of you don't want to trudge through pages and pages of other people's posts.
Just as a general interest check: Would you find it more fun to communally design a rpg forum game from scratch, and develop it to be more complex and integrated throughout the process?
If so, please suggest a genre for the game. If not, please suggest alternatives.
Money!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 02:57:21 pm »

Oooh, I'm definitely interested! I'll start looking through the IC right now for some usable stuff.

One thing, if this is made into a tabletop-esque game, we need a lot of classes.

Addition to the High Mountains:
Quote from: thatkid
Quote from: Kadzar
If you have a really high Seduce skill, you should try seducing Chet, who you can find in the country club. Once you get enough successes to become his Love Interest, he'll invite you to the Ski Lodge, and from there it's easy to get to the High Mountains. Just make sure you don't drink any martinis he offers you while you're there.
An alternate path to the High Mountains is to find Ricky the Rat in Sector 32, and purchase a pipe and skunk-plant off him. Combine the two in your mixalizer, and then use the resulting "bowl" item. A pass should appear in your inventory.

Edit: Here's the locations from page 6 till 10

3-2 - Armory Balcony (Pyramid Crates, Hidden unfinished arena)
? - Fire Mountains
? - Fifteenth Water Nexus (Process caster (drop))
? - Azrblan Factory (Updated Coniferous Accelerator (drop))
? - Highcordia (used to have Astral Turnips)
? - Lazenbaugh
? - Aquazia
? - Lesser Dirtstick (starting town, Tavern the trusty bunghole, used to have Astral Turnips, City hall, Giant Flying Chicken)
? - Greater Dirtstick (used to have Astral Turnips)
? - DeathCaves (Astral Turnips, Death-related damage)
? - the Aussiemancer (Dungeon)
? - Frozendurt (Candy Golems)
? - Bearstick Forest (Pedro Bears, Candy Fist of Omnominom (rare drop))
32 - Flying Stockmarkot (A lot of profit)
? - Dusk Central Stock Market (Accesable Sewers)
30+ - Traffic Zone (Close to Hammerdark and Hammerspace, Rod of Caution (drop))
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 03:27:22 pm by Lord_lemonpie »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 03:00:06 pm »

This seems interesting. Don't really have anything to contribute right now, though, sorry.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 03:57:15 pm »

I shall read as much as I can! Although if I have to I shall pick Sci-fi and fantasy mixed together.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 06:05:48 pm »

I'm still not sure how much (and what portion) of the original material you guys want to use to design this.
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 12:18:40 am »

Bump.
Money!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 01:49:33 am »

It's hard to say. Igynpadca is very incoherent; looking for things to make sense of it is kind of cherry-picking something and for me against the spirit of the thread. That said, I'd like to see developments to this thing anyway.

First few pages have scifi-fantasy bent to it with goblins, kobolds and whatnot and planets.

Hard to sort until we have a specific theme and goal in mind.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 11:24:28 am »

Have you every read Ready Player One? I think it should be like that. At least when it comes to the sectors and the magic/sci-fi zones.
Money!