Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Vampire: Princes of the Eastern March (OOC) (6/5)  (Read 7406 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Vampire: Princes of the Eastern March (OOC) (6/5)
« on: July 17, 2015, 01:56:39 am »

Ever since the mortal races of the world first learned to to band together, there have been those dark creatures who lurked in their shadows. They were walking dead, creatures who survived on the blood of the living. They differed in appearance, power and sensibility, but each shared the curse; the need to take the life essence of the living and continue their own survival. These creatures were called vampires and ever since their creation in the distant past, they have intervened in the lives of mortals...

In ages past the vampires of Tervon, a giant subcontinent of a much larger landmass, were creatures of little power. Their little Orders and Covenant scattered throughout the nations were little more than pests, barely sustaining their members on the blood of a few hapless victims or even worse, cattle. In many realms, vampires had not been sighted for countless centuries and their names only used in stories told by mothers and elders to the children. Some vampires had even surrendered themselves to the mortals, giving up their unlife for the embrace of true death. If events had continued as they did, the vampires of Tervon would be extinct and nothing more than a bad memory of a dark age...

But fate had other plans. The Disciples of Carlsson, lead by their founder Tetras Carlsson, saw what would occur if no one stopped the decline of the vampiric peoples of Tervon: chaos and anarchy amongst the mortal civilisations. They knew in their silent hearts that if vampires were allowed to go extinct, humanity and the other races would eventually follow. Knowing this, Tetras and his followers leapt into the dark and embraced undeath. With stolen blood flowing through their veins, they soon reinvigorated the vampiric political entities, their institutions and a number of ancient elders. In a period of 200 years, much of western Tervon were now once again awash with the scent of blood in the night air and the footsteps of the dead in the courts of men.

Though Carlsson was responsible for this, many saw him as an upstart neophyte, little more than a mortal who did not understand what it meant to be a true vampire. As such, they raised their own Orders and Covenants from stagnancy or created new ones to fit the times. They would not bow down to a thinblood thrall who called himself the 'High Hierophant' or his idiotic minions. And so, the Great Game rose once more.

It is the year 1127 ER and 143 years since Carlsson's dark birth. The major Covenants and Orders are at a tentative peace and have organised a joint colonisation of the Eastern March, the last hint of Tervnonese civilisation before the Steppes where barbarians lie. Vampires have been sent, each sponsored by a Covenant for one reason or another. Though all have the mission of turning the March over to vampiric influence, all have been told in secret to further the goals of their Covenants....

Read the little blurb above? No? Won't matter too much if you don't.

In Vampire: Princes of the Eastern March, each player has been assigned by their superiors to expand their influence within the Eastern March or die trying. How they do this is entirely up to them. Still interested? Time to read the rules.

Spoiler: Turns and Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Havens and Dominion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Currency (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Intrinsics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Rules (click to show/hide)

Still reading? Great! Each character is unique. All need backstories and a Covenant; both grant bonuses to the player. All applications should be based of this template:

Name: Self-explanatory.
Appearance: Self-explanatory.
Covenant: The vampiric organisation that the character has joined. Players may elect to create a custom Minor Covenant. (starting items/skills will be based of this!)
Backstory: The past history of the character (starting items/skills will be based of this!)
Claim to Fame: Why you were chosen to head East.
Artifact: All players start with at least a single artifact based on their Backstory and/or Covenant. This is chosen by the GM but may be suggested by players.
Assets: All players begin with at least one Asset. This is chosen by the GM but may be suggested by players.
Intrinsics: Attributes that are inherently part of your character that result in actual effects. Chosen by GM but may be suggested by players.

Spoiler: Covenants (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fluff (click to show/hide)

IC Thread
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:52:08 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire: Princes of the Eastern March (OOC) (0/5)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 02:03:56 am »

Ooohh, interesting. I'll get a sheet up once I get some sleep.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 02:12:40 am »

Spoiler: Player Fluff (click to show/hide)

Player Artifacts, Assets and Intrinsics
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:00:37 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 02:14:34 am »

Cartographer's Office
Spoiler: The Eastern March (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:42:33 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 02:15:15 am »

Reserved.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 02:27:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:07:32 pm by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 06:33:36 am »

Prospective and Blatant GM BUMP!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 07:11:20 am »

Hmmm.
Interesting.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 07:47:22 am »

Cool I think I can sink my teeth in this!
Sink your... Well you must be some sort of vegetarian vampire, because that was some low hanging fruit.

Question: What time period is this game set in? It says 1127 ER, but I have no clue if that can be easily converted to AD or what?
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 07:49:29 am »

Well it isn't Earth so it can't really be put into a time period but lets say...roughly 10th century Europe with some things different because of magic?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 08:10:06 am »

In, but it's pretty late which is preventing me from thinking up any fluffy stuff.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 08:11:03 am »

Reserved! Fluff stuff tomorrow though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finished!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:05:41 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 08:52:31 am »

First of all micelus, I don't want to nitpick, but please learn to use more commas, and put a space between the punctuation mark and the next word.

Second of all,
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 09:03:03 am »

First of all micelus, I don't want to nitpick, but please learn to use more commas, and put a space between the punctuation mark and the next word.

I didn't notice any of those problems. They're evenly spaced and the commas are in the right place.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 09:07:21 am »

Well it isn't Earth so it can't really be put into a time period but lets say...roughly 10th century Europe with some things different because of magic?
I meant this post. *Ahem*
Well it isn't Earth, so it can't really be put into a time period, but lets say... roughly 10th century Europe with some things different because of magic?
Heil grammar Hitler and all that.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:38:29 am by Sl4cker »
carrot cakeu
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9