Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 47149 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Anomaly Exploration
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 06:06:36 pm »

"Going in"
begin by attempting to advance through the "boundary" by looking with normal eyes no "protections", after doing that engage hatter at minimum corruption
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 07:10:10 pm »

"Here we go."

Make sure my faceplate is down and gear is secure, and activate "Mad Hatter" at minimum settings. Stay near the middle of the group.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »

Mad Hatter on, at minimum. Crank it up to medium if/when I need to. Proceed onward with group.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 11:58:25 pm »

"I've got point, so that means I go first. We're not heading in yet, just trying to take a look, so get back."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2015, 10:57:17 am »

Eddie
Flip down faceplate, activate software, form up with others
"Let's do this!"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2015, 01:30:04 pm »

The team follows the road to the point at which it ends, seemingly in the middle of nowhere. It's increasingly hard to look at the forward direction, but as they do so, they begin to percieve something not quite right. It looks as though they're viewing the world through a slightly distorted lens, as though looking through a glass sphere. The Mad hatter reveals, in a very scattered way, that the road continues forward and that whatever the distortion is, it seems not to have destroyed the area it appeared on. However, the Hatter's distortion makes it impossible to see things at any real distance, though you can tell for sure that there is something quite large out in front of you, the vaguest of outlines of the college, probably.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2015, 01:43:36 pm »

Continue moving forward.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 01:46:18 pm »

Continue moving forward.
You're on the edge of the anomaly, moving forward means going in.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2015, 01:50:41 pm »

Toss a few of the nuts and bolts we were given into the anomaly. Try to see if my CamEyes can see anything without Mad Hatter.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 02:32:18 pm »

Halt! First, we check it out. Then, if nothing of interest happens, we move on.

You are free to test it with throwing objects, and afterwards with poking it with your poles.

Observe the testing with my plain eyes. If nothing of note happens, we go in, in the same marcing order as before: First, Morul and me; second, everyone else; third, Pancaek.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2015, 03:00:23 pm »

Throw bolts into the naomaly, and track them as they go in with a different cameye mode each time. Afterwards, see if it's possible to sort of investigate the edge of the anomaly with my universal amp.

Should nothing of note happen and the group decides to move in, bring up the rear.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 03:14:41 pm »

Keep frag-loaded Brisant at ready, don't fire unless something kills a team-member horribly, increase Hatter distortion if my eyes hurt too much.

Follow behind Morul and Maurice
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 03:27:42 pm »

Crouch close to the ground. Throw bolts inside and outside. Check for difference in sound of hitting ground.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 08:10:08 pm »

observe testing, begin tuning the madhatter from 100% towards 0% when it is most visible and accurate to the original floorplan/pictures stop and report it to team.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2015, 04:43:11 pm »

Toss a few of the nuts and bolts we were given into the anomaly. Try to see if my CamEyes can see anything without Mad Hatter.
The nuts and bolts seem to vanish into mid air. When viewed with your normal eyes, you can't perceive anything. Hell, you know the thing is there, you know things are vanishing into space, but you can't comprehend that there's something between here and where the road seems to restart down the way. It's a big mental blind spot.

Throw bolts into the naomaly, and track them as they go in with a different cameye mode each time. Afterwards, see if it's possible to sort of investigate the edge of the anomaly with my universal amp.

Should nothing of note happen and the group decides to move in, bring up the rear.

Gonna have to be more specific than that.

observe testing, begin tuning the madhatter from 100% towards 0% when it is most visible and accurate to the original floorplan/pictures stop and report it to team.
The best sort of image comes from about 35% you think.

Halt! First, we check it out. Then, if nothing of interest happens, we move on.

You are free to test it with throwing objects, and afterwards with poking it with your poles.

Observe the testing with my plain eyes. If nothing of note happens, we go in, in the same marcing order as before: First, Morul and me; second, everyone else; third, Pancaek.

You and your cohorts, discovering nothing from the test, move into the anomaly itself. The wall does not prevent your entry and you pass through it as though it weren't even there. Beyond the wall the college is visible, even to the naked eye, and looks completely normal. It's a complex of 2-3 story buildings of varying size and shape flanked on its edges by large dormitory buildings that rise at least 10 stories, if not higher. The entire campus is covered in a thick coat of snow which looks completely undisturbed, and it is eerily quiet. Up ahead, in a small courtyard area between two buildings, is what looks like a large group of people.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33