Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 47151 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #480 on: October 16, 2015, 04:46:25 pm »

I'm just following everyone else at this point, it's outta my hands.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 16, 2015, 06:17:40 pm »

Get the ship into air asap. It should have been prepaired by Konrad's previous action (not the blowing one, the one after that), and he is the most talented one to run it now.
Disregard the gaping hole, unless someone can think up something about it. Get everyone into the innermost (furthest from the breach) sections of the ship, and pray to Mistress for torturing us longer, alive.

Regardless, give the bombing order at the end of this turn. If we can get the ship on the way out of the blast range sooner, then do it then. Or just as we start ascending from the planet, maybe on a minute timer, so that if we die exiting the orbit, the order is still given.
((Really, Piecewise, if we're up to this level of detail indifference, let's just skip to the end. We either give order and die, or give order and escape. While doing the best possible for the last option, but still giving the order in due time regardless of anything.))

Fuck you, Death.

What Needs To Be Done.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 17, 2015, 02:17:56 am »

Ensure all doors leading to damaged section are sealed to prevent leaks. If necessary, use Lucricia's two goop grenades all  the duct tape we have. It's probably nowhere as good as automatic systems which spaceships should have, but... every little bit helps.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #483 on: October 19, 2015, 11:05:38 am »

Get in the ship fast as possible and begin warm-up procedures if damage is preventing this re-route this ship just has to get us off the planet minimum. Start flying us the hell away as soon as possible
Ensure all doors leading to damaged section are sealed to prevent leaks. If necessary, use Lucricia's two goop grenades all  the duct tape we have. It's probably nowhere as good as automatic systems which spaceships should have, but... every little bit helps.
I'm just following everyone else at this point, it's outta my hands.
Help anyone trying to get to the controls do that, I guess. If there's spare time on the QEC, try and wrangle the following into it.

Quote from: Eddie Gracerer->Steve
"If we don't survive, please make sure that all Lars gets of this mission is the message I just sent him"

Quote from: Eddie Gracerer->Lars
"MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF GOD!"

Get the ship into air asap. It should have been prepaired by Konrad's previous action (not the blowing one, the one after that), and he is the most talented one to run it now.
Disregard the gaping hole, unless someone can think up something about it. Get everyone into the innermost (furthest from the breach) sections of the ship, and pray to Mistress for torturing us longer, alive.

Regardless, give the bombing order at the end of this turn. If we can get the ship on the way out of the blast range sooner, then do it then. Or just as we start ascending from the planet, maybe on a minute timer, so that if we die exiting the orbit, the order is still given.
((Really, Piecewise, if we're up to this level of detail indifference, let's just skip to the end. We either give order and die, or give order and escape. While doing the best possible for the last option, but still giving the order in due time regardless of anything.))

Fuck you, Death.

What Needs To Be Done.

Not so much indifference to detail, just saying that I'm gonna assume you succeed because I don't think throwing any more obstacles in the way would really make that much of a difference. At this point, it's basically gonna come down to a few rolls, and slowing you down on your way to those rolls isn't really gonna matter.  So, lets do those rolls shall we?

The first is one I actually get to skip due to people actually sealing the damage with goop and doors. So thats good.

The second, is the Konrad's piloting skills, which he passes with a 6.

More later, when I get back.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 19, 2015, 11:12:04 am »

((Woohoo! Bypassing the black die roll like a boss! ...it was the black die, wasn't it?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 19, 2015, 11:20:11 am »

((I feel that there is going to be one more roll... and I fear that roll. I really, really do. Because that last roll is the that will decide whether the bombs fell in time, or too late.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 19, 2015, 12:39:11 pm »

((Remind me to buy some stocks in Goop.Co, that stuff seems pretty good.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 19, 2015, 04:30:41 pm »

((I feel that there is going to be one more roll... and I fear that roll. I really, really do. Because that last roll is the that will decide whether the bombs fell in time, or too late.))
((Well hopefully the last roll doesn't affect our survival only how badly everything else is ruined forever))
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:35:07 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #488 on: October 19, 2015, 07:48:57 pm »

The black die will get you all, some day. But perhaps today isn't that day. Perhaps.

The team gathers together in the cockpit of the freighter; it's not much more than a small, almost disappointingly bland room deep in the guts of the ship, with large video screens and several terminals arranged around the circumference.  Konrad sits in the captain's chair and initiates an emergency take off, overriding the half dozen safety warnings that plaster themselves across the display screen. The ship groans, engines roaring to full from a cold stop, manipulators clicking on and tearing the mass out of the vessel while leaving the matter unchanged, and the support cradle half retracts, half tears apart as the ship ascends out of it.   Slowly, and with great effort, the ship climbs towards the clouds. The gravity manipulators keep the team's feet planted firmly to the deck as the external camera footage rotates towards the vertical. In the distance, the massive amp overload has finally died down and has been replaced by nothing but a great crater and the circular lattice of black rods. The lattice is rotating, spinning at high speeds. It's so fast that they can't see anything but a vague blur; considering the size it must be moving several times the speed of sound.

White electrical discharge leaps from the spinning lattice, arcing out like lighting to the ground. In the center of the blur a small point of black appears. It grows, expanding into a sphere, a floating drop of ink that ripples and flows in a haze of lighting and white fire. The droplet falls upward, disappearing into the clouds above.  A shockwave rolls out across the sky; The clouds blacken, like water stained with black dye, and transform. The sky becomes a black sea of iridescent oil, flowing and roiling, waves breaking against nothing and spraying jetsam of twitching shadow. Down through this sea emerges a half dozen falling stars; the burning engines of enormous bombs streaking down towards the surface of the planet. And behind them, rising like a new island out of the inverted sea, is the slowly spinning form of the Black Pyramid, wreathed in flame and thunder.  The ground beneath it burns black and disintegrates , a shockwave of dissolving reality spreading out around it. The bombs strike the surface and the side monitors become nothing but a blinding white. The front monitor shows nothing but the black, liquid, alien sky; a black sea they are diving head long into. It grows closer. The black waves reach for them. The surf swirls. Deep within, they can see something: swollen red points of light, dying suns, crimson glowing luminescence, molten flows of magma. The heart of a god which does not care, the gaze of an eye which does not even see them.

They disappear within.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]