Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 50453 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« on: July 17, 2015, 01:03:29 pm »

This is the mission thread for Joker Team, if you aren't part of Joker team, your thread is elsewhere.

Joker team, or its current members at least, find themselves waking up in a strange new environment. It is a lot like the old stasis pod area in the barracks, but smaller and circular, with the back wall filled with stasis pods that appear to be able to rotate out to accommodate extra pods. As soon as they are out of stasis, still naked, slimy and shivering on the ground, the voice of steve comes over the intercom.

>Welcome to The Daedalus, one of our recently constructed sister ships. This is the ship which will be dropping you off at the location and it will be the one picking you up. I'm afraid there's little time for you to make yourself at home, however, because we've already reached the drop off. After this briefing and any questions I'll be sending you off immediately. So, lets get started.

Part of our recent scientific advancements has been research into exploitation of reality distorting effects and technologies similar to amps and synthflesh. However, in order for us to continue these activities, we are going to need a great deal of human subjects. And unfortunately, for reasons that are above your pay grade, just cloning up a bunch of them won't do the trick.  As such, we're gonna need a lot of probably unwilling participants. Now, we could go around asking our allies for their malcontents, but that has bad connotations and doesn't paint us as the nicest people. So instead, I'm going to have you lot steal us some humans and establish a stable source of subjects. All with plausible deniability, of course.

We are here at...on second thought better for you not to know any details if possible. Try not to remember any names if you can. That way when the military courts ask, you can honestly tell them that you don't know. In any case, we're currently in orbit around a UWM hive world, one of those super over populated urban hell holes that exist outside the galactic core but not quite on the outskirts. The UWM are still hard and strong here; police and peace keeping units will be around and they have a lot of freedom to deal lethal force out to minor problems. But they will have plenty of other things to take care of, so as long as you don't make too big of a ruckus, you should be fine.  The idea here is that Hive worlds have such a huge population and such a high level of crime that, well, they're basically the best place in the known galaxy to Disappear a lot of humans.

We've had the Sons of Hephestus setting things up for you all, so your job is going to be simple in theory, perhaps difficult in practice. We need you to set up some sort of system by which people can be kidnapped, placed in stasis and shipped off to heph. And then to actually use that system and gather...oh, 50,000 people. It will probably take you a while and require a good deal of relocating and different processes. So, welcome to the human trafficking business.

Questions?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:14:33 pm by piecewise »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 22: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 01:06:01 pm »

"It was mentioned that we would be equipped on-site. Is that going to come later?"
Ask above
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:27:49 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:07:29 pm »

This is supposed to me mission 23.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 01:14:08 pm »

Did I state which mission would be which number? I don't remember doing that. Or did you guys do it by order I announced them?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 01:15:03 pm »

((Eh, just let piecewise use the numbers he wants. I'll change the wiki once I get back to my PC.))

Did I state which mission would be which number? I don't remember doing that. Or did you guys do it by order I announced them?
Did it by the order you announced them.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 01:15:37 pm »

((I believe the latter, going by the wiki.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 01:26:19 pm »

"So, human trafficking for unethical human testing, and lying to our allies about our fundamental nature as human beings - for science. Dester asks the following: I have two questions. We're supervillains, right? I mean, I know the Sword is a prison ship and all, but we're not run-of-the-mill normal villains anymore, right? World conquest and tyrannical overrule and all that, right?

And my second question is this: You mentioned the UWM, like they are the enemy. I was arrested and sent to the Sword by the UWM. What gives?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:51:12 pm by Ozarck »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 01:28:19 pm »

Petra looks at the fellow newbie. "Didn't get the memo about the revolution?"
Sigtext!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 01:32:37 pm »

Jesse looks around the room, and gets the impression that this ship isn't nearly as important or powerful as the Sword meaning if they screwed up they were probably dead. Sighing he asked,

"Assuming one of the worst outcomes, if the UWM finds out about us on mission is there a chance of evac or backup?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 01:34:12 pm »

Dester stares blankly at Petra for a moment. "I got groped by an animated hand and thrown at a psychopath." He looks wistfully off into the distance. "I met a catgirl. She seemed nice."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 01:37:18 pm »

"I only woke up like 10 minutes before we left. From what I can tell, Steve- the AI, that is- is leading a rebellion against the UWM."
Sigtext!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 01:42:51 pm »

"Steve is an AI? he's one of those 'turn on humanity and destroy the creators' type, then, isn't he? And I thought my life couldn't get any worse when I was summarily sentenced for crime I didn't commit. There's always a deeper hole, as my gramma used to say." Dester's mouth twists into a grim smirk. "Ironically, they buried her above ground, and not in a hole at all. Flooding, you see. There had been incidents of graveyards being washed away, leaving corpses on fancy people's yards."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 01:44:41 pm »

"Does it still count as burial if they're above ground? Anyway, I don't know the specifics. I just woke up. And when are we getting some clothes?"
Sigtext!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 01:49:45 pm »

Dester looks at Petra for a moment. He blinks, and looks at himself. You're not wearing clothes. I'm not wearing clothes. Can we get some clothes here? ... I'm Dester. you're the second person to be nice to me."

((Ahahahaha. just going to go ahead and edit this ....))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:04:38 pm by Ozarck »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 01:52:02 pm »

"I'm Petra. You seem to be not as insane as some of the others."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:11:27 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31