Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 50473 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #435 on: November 19, 2015, 08:45:56 am »

Gonna go for a shopping trip over in the next universe? I'm still down, but I would REALLY like to pick up an MK-3 first

... failing the ability to re-stock, nab something that normal money can buy that is as eqivalent as we can get to one, and yes. lots and LOTS of mind stims.

Edit: Crap... I hit quote instead of modify...
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #436 on: November 19, 2015, 01:50:32 pm »

Outfitting in standard gear is probably not gonna happen. If only because, well, we don't want to give you a false sense of security. We'll outfit you in things more fitting for the places you're going. And since we don't know fucking anything about where you're going, it's just gonna be highly protective in general. The first trips will probably be nothing but scouting, and then we'll go back to anywhere that looks useful or possible in terms of settling.

There is the small chance that you might just insta-gib  when exposed to whatever you're gonna be exposed to. Just a heads up.

Still up for it?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 19, 2015, 01:57:25 pm »

((Dammit why did I mess with that spacemagic now I missed my opportunity to fuck with spacemagic.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 19, 2015, 04:42:29 pm »

If were getting heavy defenses, Vincent is still down... Do we get a level up before the mission?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 19, 2015, 11:11:52 pm »

...Is insta-gib a likely scenario?

Fuck it nevermind, this is ER. Every mission has high likelihood of insta-gibbing. We just came off probably the smoothest mission we've made.

Let's go fucking spelunking.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 20, 2015, 12:20:55 pm »

IC, how are we finding out about this opportunity? Dester has a few questions, like "What the fuck?" and "What the actual fuck?" And "How are we getting between universes?" And "How and where are we being supplied?" And "Seriously, what the total fuck?" ANd hten he'd like to know as much about why this happened as possible.

My room is soooooo dusty right now. I don't even know.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #441 on: November 20, 2015, 02:57:41 pm »

If were getting heavy defenses, Vincent is still down... Do we get a level up before the mission?
Yes, you do. But you see the thing is that we don't know what the fuck is out there so we can't tell you what you're gonna get into. I mean, we drop you into a universe where carbon doesn't bind to anything and you're just gonna explode into vapor. Small chance of that, but it might happen. We don't know until the shuttle comes back.

Of course, we can use some of those...volunteers you gathered to check things out too, but eventually we'll need to send in people that aren't screaming and bolted into their chairs.

...Is insta-gib a likely scenario?

Fuck it nevermind, this is ER. Every mission has high likelihood of insta-gibbing. We just came off probably the smoothest mission we've made.

Let's go fucking spelunking.

No no no. Probably not.

IC, how are we finding out about this opportunity? Dester has a few questions, like "What the fuck?" and "What the actual fuck?" And "How are we getting between universes?" And "How and where are we being supplied?" And "Seriously, what the total fuck?" ANd hten he'd like to know as much about why this happened as possible.

My room is soooooo dusty right now. I don't even know.

Once you agree OOC then we'll take you to heph and the doc will be like "And here is a machine we've been working on. It probably won't telefrag you. Stick your head in it."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 20, 2015, 03:14:31 pm »

Still in, ooc.

So, we're going to a planet where something extrauniversal is eating the universe, to jump through universes, to find a place for humanity to escape something else that is eating the universe.

And we might die a lot.

I need a promotion and a raise.
And, just in case the inevitable happens, I want my final message to be "Tell my wife I looaaaaugggghhhhhogodtheagony!!!!

I'm game, but I think Dester would like to do the whole "Poke the universes with sticks" bit before going in personally. hmmm, maybe those human flesh chunks from that weapons list would come in useful.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 20, 2015, 03:19:39 pm »

Yeah. We got you your bodies. Of course we aren't going in first.

But we will go in if things people don't instantly explode.
I'd rather just not explode.

And if it is The Doc telling us this, can I have him/a medical crew pull out my amp for safekeeping? Spacefuckery is already dangerous enough in -this- universe. A microwave PK amp in another universe might make pink rabbits appear, or turn me into a pink rabbit, or just straight up fucking explode.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 20, 2015, 03:20:32 pm »

Is still down. (Bit sketched out by the "Are you sure? Are you sure you're sure?... Are you REAAAALLLY sure you're sure" tbough) Mind stims would still be nice probably. Can we keep our security staff for this mission? Sending in scouts would be nice if there is always the possibility of insta-gib, and finally, an actual action, If we have permission to keep security staff (hopefully that means we can keep shipping staff too?) Inform our staff that once we offload our refugees onto the planet that has graciously accepted them, we likely wont ever be back to the planet, and therefor if they and their family want to stay on that planet, they wont be in our employment any longer. If they want to stay working with us, it would be best for them and their families to stay on ship. Unload the refugees on Heph, keep our staff and their families, and stock the ships with necessities (If you want to do a roll for the sucess of that see striked part.) I'm totally fine with Syv Joining us.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:32:44 pm by Kedly »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 20, 2015, 03:22:26 pm »

Is still down. (Bit sketched out by the "Are you sure? Are you sure you're sure?... Are you REAAAALLLY sure you're sure" tbough) Mind stims would still be nice probably. Can we keep our security staff for this mission? Sending in scouts would be nice if there is always the possibility of insta-gib

Yeah, we've come back with a few old people to spare, I'm sure. They're not gonna be breeding any time soon. Just some guinea pigs to test if it's a survivable -verse is all we need.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 20, 2015, 03:24:51 pm »

Still would rather send willing bodies (aka paid employees) than unwilling ones. Plus, the security crew would be able to back us up as well

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 20, 2015, 03:30:44 pm »

No man, you should totally spacemagic in the other dimension.  Get the Lurker to go their instead of ours.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 20, 2015, 07:21:26 pm »

Given that Origin is supposedly in our own universe, Amps might just straight not work there.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 20, 2015, 07:45:22 pm »

OOC, I'm down.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31