Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 50417 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2015, 05:25:54 pm »

Find an easy to conceal pistol, a knife, and something along the lines of a stun baton. Ask the two skinny bastards for help finding them if need be.
Get a change of clothes/change into a set of clothes suitable for the area Delta is in.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2015, 05:31:50 pm »

Ask for an easy to conceal handgun, an equally concealable tranquilizer gun, and some light body armor that can be concealed under the clothes.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2015, 08:15:30 pm »

Ask for the most powerful concealable weapon they'll let me have. And ask about the whereabouts of my gear from the sword.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:31:24 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2015, 09:15:13 pm »

Hive worlds are all about endless expansion, both outward and inward, filling every gap possible and expanding as high and wide as they can. Each stack is considered it's own nation and often contains more people than the entire population of a planet. Don't underestimate their girth.
wink wink, nudge nudge.

to the Sons
"I'm just interested in being reasonably protected when necessary. Any outfitting of that nature will be fine. Sorry about talking all at once. It's my first day."

Well the UE coat would be obvious, but we can give you what amounts to the same fabric as an undershirt and a nice maul pistol.
"Those will do, though I hope I never have cause to use either. I'm not exactly comfortable with guns."

Accept offer. be ready to head to Beta with my assigned team.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2015, 02:37:35 pm »

Ryan nods at Skylar. "Yessir, to Beta it is."

To beta to check out medical arrangements! Also grab my equipment and check the time and how sleepy I feel. Underground is not good for circadian rhythms.
Hive worlds are all about endless expansion, both outward and inward, filling every gap possible and expanding as high and wide as they can. Each stack is considered it's own nation and often contains more people than the entire population of a planet. Don't underestimate their girth.
wink wink, nudge nudge.

to the Sons
"I'm just interested in being reasonably protected when necessary. Any outfitting of that nature will be fine. Sorry about talking all at once. It's my first day."

Well the UE coat would be obvious, but we can give you what amounts to the same fabric as an undershirt and a nice maul pistol.
"Those will do, though I hope I never have cause to use either. I'm not exactly comfortable with guns."

Accept offer. be ready to head to Beta with my assigned team.
We'll assume gentle grabs only gear that won't be damn obvious and doesn't drag is entire inventory out with him.

We'll also just abstract getting back to beta.

The son that brought you down points out several large containers as the ones that contain the medical supplies. They're nice ones, big metal boxes with motorized hinges to open the doors; no prying or struggling! Fancy! There are also quite large shipping containers, one of which contains an interesting machine. It's a stasis system, but with very small pods. The pods are just big enough for an ordinary human  to be curled up into a ball and stuffed inside, so about 80 or so of them fit in one of the containers. The pods themselves are set on a big metal rod that spans the length of the container and rotates to allow access to a new row of pods when the old one is full. It's about as compact as you can get.

Beyond this there's a ton of generic valves and internal tubing for prepping a body for stasis, giant crates of the things. There's also a surgical table, a box of tools, since most of them are disposable, metal cases filled with syringes of what some joker has labeled "Knock out juice", a stitching gun, machines to monitor vitals, a full compliment of vaccines with instructions on who to give them to, Even some civilian prosthetics.

Is the Red Hand Electrolaser (the handlaser taser thing) likely to seem too expensive for a common hooligan like me?
If so, could it be concealed by wearing a common glove over it or something?

If it's possible to take the Red Hand without being instantly mugged, get it from storage.
Otherwise, ask The Sons for a ballistic sidearm. (Preferably high caliber. Who needs concealment? :P)

Regardless, go get a pack of bluesmokes, my syringes, and my potion. Then Proceed to Beta, as per Bosscat's orders.
Well, they probably wouldn't know what it is, but it would probably be recognized as a weapon. And I'm not entirely sure, but I think the modifications to it render it not as easy to hide in a glove as a normal hand laser.

We'll assume you head down to beta with the others carrying a very powerful gauss pistol with mauler rounds. No, you are not walking in there with a damn assault rifle.

Ask for the most powerful concealable weapon they'll let me have. And ask about the whereabouts of my gear from the sword.
Gauss pistol with mauler rounds should do it. Your gear is here in alpha, in a box over there. You can get any  of it you want but keep in mind you should keep it concealed.

Find an easy to conceal pistol, a knife, and something along the lines of a stun baton. Ask the two skinny bastards for help finding them if need be.
Get a change of clothes/change into a set of clothes suitable for the area Delta is in.

Ask for an easy to conceal handgun, an equally concealable tranquilizer gun, and some light body armor that can be concealed under the clothes.
The guns we got, the tranq? Not here.

Ok so here's the problem Delta people: The stuff they got for you to wear is very form fitting. They're basically Gold, Silver or bright red bodysuits with very little room to hold anything. The Sons say that's part of the point, that the rich are believed never to have to carry or hold anything; they have people to do that for them. The only places to conceal anything are in the sleeves or bottom of the legs, which are flared. It greatly reduces the amount of crap you can carry.

"We're gonna have to walk out there dressed in the lower class clothing and then change part of the way up; Don't bring anything you don't want to lose."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2015, 02:43:17 pm »

Would the stim I brought fit in one of sleeves? If so, bring that. If a pistol or hand laser can fit in any of the hiding places, get one. Then be ready.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:04:52 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2015, 03:06:37 pm »

Xael turns to the two Medtechs. "Right. I'm gonna go explore. If you need me, yell Really loudly."

Take a look around the area that beta's in. If I see someone, say "Hi" and avoid further contact. If someone runs at me screaming and holding a lead pipe in one hand, shoot them.
Also remind me what mauler rounds do?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2015, 01:39:37 am »

Xael turns to the two Medtechs. "Right. I'm gonna go explore. If you need me, yell Really loudly."
Dester looks up at Xael from his examination of the equipment for a moment.
"Uh ... sure. Don't get lost."
He pauses for a minute in thought, then looks at Ryan.
"These crates are gonna stand out down at Gamma like a Death Frog from Allinia 8 At a Religious service on Dalthan 4. I think. You know, none of us has actually been to Gamma yet."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2015, 03:33:49 pm »

If I can conceal a pistol in one of the flares, do so. Otherwise I'm ready to go to delta
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2015, 07:04:42 pm »

"Excellent." Ryan grins at the amount of medical tools here. "I've been out of practice since my work as bookie, but..." he cracks his knuckles.

Get familiar with the equipment! What's the easiest step, what's the hardest? How long does the implanting surgery take? How complicated is it? Will I be able to train common fools how to do it by muscle memory, or will we need a full team of doctors to do it - speaking of, do the Sons have their own surgeons here to assist?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2015, 07:23:15 pm »

"This damn place, and its weird ass clothes ..."

Take four knives. Tie them to my legs, and my arms. Make sure they're hidden beneath both my current clothes, and future clothes once I change.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2015, 08:02:41 pm »

Stuff as many grenades down my pants as I can reasonably get away with.

Ready to go.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2015, 08:21:55 pm »

Would the stim I brought fit in one of sleeves? If so, bring that and then be ready. If not, leave it with the rest of everyone's gear.
You could hide that, sure.

Take a look around the area that beta's in. If I see someone, say "Hi" and avoid further contact. If someone runs at me screaming and holding a lead pipe in one hand, shoot them.
Also remind me what mauler rounds do?
Mauler rounds, which I'm not sure if ever came up, are basically tiny nail bombs. They're a bullet with a tiny pellet of high explosive in the center, packed in with hundreds of slivers of sharp metal. When it hits, it penetrates a few inches and then explodes. The explosion itself is bad, but it propels the slivers all through the body, slicing tiny cuts though organs and soft tissue. They're not always fatal immediately, but they're almost always eventually fatal due to sepsis, internal bleeding, organ failure or blood clots leading to heart attacks and strokes.

They are not friendly bullets.

The area around beta appears to be an industrial park of sorts; most of the businesses here seem to be the sorts of things that sell to other businesses or are contracted to work on things. There's a sign for "TARAMOR ENGINEERING" and another for "JFB TILE SUPPLY" and another for "JACKSON MOTOR SYSTEMS". Clearly not your normal retail places. You explore a bit more and it seems like this area might be either very near or maybe directly on top of a manufacturing area, since there seem to be a lot of raw materials moving through on the trains. It doesn't seem the nicest part of town, it's mostly abandoned right now with nothing but the odd worker or random person wandering around, but you haven't seen anyone who wants to shiv you yet, so it can't be too bad.

If I can conceal a pistol in one of the flares, do so. Otherwise I'm ready to go to delta
You might be able to, so long as you don't move that arm to much. if you move it to much someone could definitely see at least the outline of it. We'll assume you bring it.

"This damn place, and its weird ass clothes ..."

Take four knives. Tie them to my legs, and my arms. Make sure they're hidden beneath both my current clothes, and future clothes once I change.
Done and done.

Stuff as many grenades down my pants as I can reasonably get away with.

Ready to go.

That would be Zero, smart ass.

Is that everyone ready for those who wanted to go to delta?

"Excellent." Ryan grins at the amount of medical tools here. "I've been out of practice since my work as bookie, but..." he cracks his knuckles.

Get familiar with the equipment! What's the easiest step, what's the hardest? How long does the implanting surgery take? How complicated is it? Will I be able to train common fools how to do it by muscle memory, or will we need a full team of doctors to do it - speaking of, do the Sons have their own surgeons here to assist?
The implanting surgery isn't too hard, but it would still need an actual doctor to do it because it involves putting valves into the abdominal and thoracic cavities, as well as the pelvic cavity and cranial cavity. These valves are premade and there are tools for cutting the correct sized holes into the various tissues, but it's not the sort of thing that you can just train some unschooled day laborers to do unless you want variable and generally high mortality rates. The hardest part of it will probably be actually setting the valves in place, since that requires inserting an anchoring mesh and then assembling the valve pieces.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2015, 08:46:38 pm »

Have a few smokes and consider the possibility of any Threats, Opportunities, or Threat/Opportunities in this area.
...And be sure to roll Int for it, see?

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2015, 09:17:45 am »

((Threatportunities))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31