Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 50444 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #420 on: November 09, 2015, 05:39:20 pm »

lesgo

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 09, 2015, 05:40:02 pm »

Go time.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 09, 2015, 08:13:12 pm »

I wanted to maximize body count while minimizing risk of our own destruction, but that kind of fine tuning is difficult with dice involved.

Let's go.

Mission: Partial success. Nearly enough bodies? But not a continued source. Breeding program maybe, though. Added bonus: fleet of viable ships collected. Losses: one, fate unknown.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #423 on: November 17, 2015, 02:47:24 pm »

Done! I'll assume what you guys have done is just gather as many people as humanly possible and then flew off in the direction of Heph.

Hmm. We'll have to wait a bit for you to show up, but lets see...you seem to have gotten pretty good numbers here. Over your quota, though a fair few of these aren't exactly the best specimens. Oh well; it's good enough for me.

Lets see, this group seems pretty good together.

How would you like to help with something that might potentially save the human race?

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 17, 2015, 02:51:49 pm »

Vincent is 100% dow  for saving the human race. He could use a little bit of moral redemption

(also the ship is only good for stocking up on supplies, staying on it any longer than that almost seems more dangerous than the missions themselves)

Edit: I second the request to get a chance to resupply before the next mission if possible.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:47:41 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 17, 2015, 03:27:02 pm »

That depends; Most of us don't have weapons because of the covert nature of our last mission. Will this possibly require weapons? If so, it'd be nice to have a chance to resupply and obtain weapons first. If weapons will not be needed, sure, why not?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 17, 2015, 05:02:34 pm »

Gus is hesitant at the thought of saving the human race; sure, he supports the idea in the abstract, but he's also really looking forward to being back on the Sword. Are our characters going to be presented with the option, or is this to be an entirely OOC decision?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 17, 2015, 06:14:40 pm »

Dester is quite pleased with the team as a whole. OOC, while Ozarck would like the credits for upgrading his character's equipment, I'm down with ... at least finding out what this new, potentially risky venture will be.

Perhaps, though not officially stated in game, we could assume that some Armory level equipment was gotten during our wealthy stage on [unnamed hive planet]? Like, for all the team? Maybe nothing particularly exotic or unique to ARM, but armor and supplies fitting a group of wealthy UWM moguls?

Edit; Assist with any amp removals requested by teammates. Use whatever facilities and help necessary to ensure the best possible outcome.

FOr a while there, I was too caught up in the whole "the world is going to hell" thing to remember, but the Sword is not the only source for violent armament in the universe.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:16:06 am by Ozarck »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 17, 2015, 10:22:35 pm »

Absolutely. After all, what's a human life or two when it comes to humanity?

I still have my make-fire PK amp. I don't want that anymore either. I would love a stop-and-go somewhere along the way for the quickest of resupplies and amp removal.

Unless Dester wants to cut it out for me in case it's not too difficult.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 18, 2015, 08:14:56 am »

We have the equipment and probably a fair number of our doctors available. I think it would be a simple matter to have it removed. Action edited.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #430 on: November 18, 2015, 11:47:14 am »

Well, you know how Maurice's ex-girlfriend is now eating reality?  And you know how it came from someplace outside the universe? We'd like to send you into a few places like that.

To do some house shopping.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 18, 2015, 02:40:54 pm »

Gonna go for a shopping trip over in the next universe? I'm still down, but I would REALLY like to pick up an MK-3 first
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:48:35 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 18, 2015, 07:05:58 pm »

Dester is in, though somewhat reluctant due to the danger. His exotic interests compel him forward though. Besides, he's already assisted in 'relocating' a handful of people off a doomed planet, what's a few billion more out of a doomed universe?

Way I figure it, we have: a fleet of ships, a squadron of surgeons, and an entire well armed militia on hand, not to mention the trappings of wealth from our rise to greatness. We're a wealthy pirate band now, fellas. I imagine we could probably supply the entire team out of that, assuming we did some of that during our wealth and greatness phase.

request:

Gus is hesitant at the thought of saving the human race; sure, he supports the idea in the abstract, but he's also really looking forward to being back on the Sword. Are our characters going to be presented with the option, or is this to be an entirely OOC decision?
Gonna go for a shopping trip over in the next universe? I'm still down, but I would REALLY like to pick up an MK-3 first
I think the SWORD is over in M21 territory, guys:
7.Well you're exiting back onto the sword. Your shuttles can't reach FTL speed. 
so .... we're probably not going that way anytime real soon. Maybe get a message to Fred to send a supply shuttle our way? Maybe, if we stop at Heph before going traveling we could get some prototypes not yet widely available? then again, since it's gonna take a while to get to Heph, that too might need to wait.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:14:47 pm by Ozarck »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 18, 2015, 07:30:49 pm »

That reminds me: whatever happened to Gus' gear? Was it left on the Daedulus, or did the sons store it somewhere? If the latter is true, I would expect that it would have been brought aboard the exit ship prior to launch.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 18, 2015, 08:21:16 pm »

Dester's got my outfitting right. I'm a battlefield medic. I'd love to have my Haebi implant, seeing as how that's Ryan's next outfit-of-choice for more exotic surgery tools. But that's currently out of the question.

I -would- prefer a weapon that makes use of my exotic stat that has zero to do with origin-related shenanigans. However, that's not important. I'm sure Ryan and point-and-shoot if he has to. Preferably something light caliber (shocking!) and easy to carry.

I'd like the Civic Defender's longcoat and something underneath that can absorb lasers to a degree, while still being light. I imagine the hiveworld had something like that. Something to help me absorb a blow to the vitals or something.

Essentially, I'm going for a "quick" build. I'd rather not be weighed down by armor if it inhibits my doctoring abilities.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31