Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 49976 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #450 on: November 20, 2015, 08:12:09 pm »

I think the only active member of the team that hasn't responded yet is adwarf (Jesse).

Looks like Cosmic Health and Transport, Ltd is branching out. Change name to Cosmic Health and Transport, Unlimited.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 08:16:10 pm by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 21, 2015, 09:56:24 pm »

Hey, I'm on Hephaestus.  Can I be involved with introducing them, to the planet or device?  Or maybe go with them?  I'm just desperate to actually be involved in something, because Heph has been frozen for months. >.>

((Would any of you object to Saint joining you?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 21, 2015, 11:14:37 pm »

No man, you should totally spacemagic in the other dimension.  Get the Lurker to go their instead of ours.
"in addition to ours" is more likely.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 22, 2015, 12:00:40 am »

i'm fine with Saint joining.

Sorry for the multiple bolds, peedubs. Gotta love o hone action.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #454 on: November 23, 2015, 11:58:14 am »

Alright, give me a bit to figure out exactly how this works...was it red wire or....Hmm.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #455 on: November 28, 2015, 12:17:18 pm »

Alright, level up now. We'll assume you get the same points as a normal mission +5 tokens. I'm giving  a bonus of +3 to Active members as well. Ie, Not Kri.

Hey, I'm on Hephaestus.  Can I be involved with introducing them, to the planet or device?  Or maybe go with them?  I'm just desperate to actually be involved in something, because Heph has been frozen for months. >.>

((Would any of you object to Saint joining you?))
You can join us, sure. Honestly We should evacuate Heph so you guys can do things.

In any case, what we're gonna do, OOC, is this:

I'm gonna give you a machine and it's gonna have what amounts to three digits you can enter. Sort of an X, Y, Z thing and it will open a portal to...whereever that is. Now, you're gonna be given probes, animal test subjects, "volunteers", cameras, shuttles, supplies, basically anything you need to do the exploration of these places. The general rules of "Grab anything interesting and bring it home" are still in effect, but the major goal here is finding someplace that is stable and friendly enough for us to live there. You know, someplace where your carbon atoms aren't spontaneously changed into hydrogen atoms for no known reason.  So, at some point, you're gonna have to go in there yourselves and check things out. Then we'll establish a colony and run it for a while just to make sure that nothing happens over time.

Questions?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 28, 2015, 01:17:54 pm »

can we plan our standard operating procedures for universe entry? I have IDEAS.

so, 5 points for stats, five for skills, and 8 tokens for everyone but Kri and Xael? Or do they also get the stats and skills? and 5 tokens?

Will we be doing all that stuff in this thread, or making a new one?

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 28, 2015, 05:06:10 pm »

Are we able to keep our employees from the shipping company of the last mission, they would actually be a perfect fit for this mission. If so, with the funds we ammassed with that company, how long would we be able to pay said employee's at their current wage? (Months?, Years?)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 28, 2015, 05:09:58 pm »

What about "souvenirs" from the mission? Mauler pistols, the mini-orangutan, etcetera?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #459 on: November 28, 2015, 06:06:55 pm »

can we plan our standard operating procedures for universe entry? I have IDEAS.

so, 5 points for stats, five for skills, and 8 tokens for everyone but Kri and Xael? Or do they also get the stats and skills? and 5 tokens?

Will we be doing all that stuff in this thread, or making a new one?
Go for it.
Yeah
Probably should make a new one, for archive porpoises.

Are we able to keep our employees from the shipping company of the last mission, they would actually be a perfect fit for this mission. If so, with the funds we ammassed with that company, how long would we be able to pay said employee's at their current wage? (Months?, Years?)
Did we take them? If yes, sure. Indefinitely.

What about "souvenirs" from the mission? Mauler pistols, the mini-orangutan, etcetera?
Yep

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 28, 2015, 06:52:32 pm »

Does Xael get a LEVEL-UP for M23 now?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 28, 2015, 07:57:09 pm »

Gather as many breeding women and young men as possible, with the specifications given by Steve, but prioritizing our safety over care in selection. That is, move quickly, but discretely so the government doesn't see us bolting. Prioritize our staff over others - the people we hired to help us, especially the security forces. When it looks too dangerous to remain on planet, (or in orbit) leave.

This, and Kedly's post before it, indicate that we were evacuating our staff first, and everyone else after, so yes, I think it is safe to assume we brought them.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 28, 2015, 09:39:33 pm »

Oh fuck yes, best birthday present ever... I've got plans on how to use our personal army of security forces and shipping salesmen. Stoked for this mission.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 28, 2015, 09:55:19 pm »

Oh fuck yes, best birthday present ever... I've got plans on how to use our personal army of security forces and shipping salesmen. Stoked for this mission.
Happy Birthday. I'm glad you were born.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]