Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 31221 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Mission 22: Hero Killer
« on: July 17, 2015, 01:12:44 pm »

This is the standard mission, lead (indirectly) by miya. If you aren't on this mission, this isn't your thread, look elsewhere.

You guys are coming in on the Sword itself, so your time into and out of stasis is fairly banal. You all load into your shuttles and head off into orbit, waiting while Miya's advance sod team scouts the area. The mission commander is having you guys wait until the landing zone is cleared and he gives the order before you go in. It's almost like he has your best interests in mind or something.

In any case, the sods and their Gunnerbot companions are fired down onto the surface in their drop pods and for a while you all just have to sit and wait for their report. It comes a few minutes later.

"Drop site is free of hostiles. The designated site appears to have been abandoned. There are no signs of obvious conflict on the drop site." The Sods spoke, rattling off prescripted messages rather then attempting to construct a sentence on their own. "There are bodies on the drop site. No sign of survivors."

Orders, mission commander? Stay in orbit or head down?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:31:38 pm by piecewise »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 22: Dead zone
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 01:18:25 pm »

"Drop site is free of hostiles. The designated site appears to have been abandoned. There are no signs of obvious conflict on the drop site." The Sods spoke, rattling off prescripted messages rather then attempting to construct a sentence on their own. "There are bodies on the drop site. No sign of survivors."

"Roger. Start sweeping the area and secure an LZ for mission team. Identify any possible entrances/exits and keep a gun trained on them, have 2 troopers doublecheck the bodies' life signs to confirm if they're dead.

Gunnerbots, start going around the area in an expanding circular/spiral motion, scan the ground and sky with cameyes for possible hidden entrances, ordnance or possible structures or devices and incoming bogeys.

Mission team, you are cleared for approach.

Orders.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:31:52 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 01:39:34 pm »

"Once we get down there, let someone with cameyes check the bodies before you mess with them. They might be booby trapped."

"Also, cause of death would be good to know, so that we can prepare. Did they panic and run outside without a suit? Were they locked outside and run out of oxygen? Did they just drop dead?"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:41:08 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 01:49:12 pm »

"I can inspect the bodies in further detail once we're down there and confirm they're safe if need be."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 02:00:02 pm »

"I can inspect the bodies in further detail once we're down there and confirm they're safe if need be."
"Sure, as long as someone checks them visually with cameyes or has one of our disposable sods check them first.

And don't try to do something crazy like listening to their thoughts or striping them for parts. Disregarding the danger of  biological contamination to your other limbs if each isn't a closed system, temperature and pressure on that planet is standard and the atmosphere is filled with traces of deadly chemicals. Combine that with the time it took us to get here and they've probably rotted or been mummified to uselessness by now."

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 02:00:57 pm »

Alex shifted in his seat, triple checking his medical supplies and suit seals before looking down at his wrist pad, bringing up the medical monitoring program for later use.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 02:05:13 pm »

"Listening to their thoughts? I may be not exactly normal but I've received no indication that I can do that. In any case they're dead, likely no thinking happening anymore.
Hopefully, at least."
Sig! Onol

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 02:19:55 pm »

Alex looked over at Vanessa, "So you're the other medic? I'm Alex." He nodded to.. uh, her? him?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 02:22:37 pm »

"Vanessa Anagrid!"

One of many arms snakes out from under the concealing cloak, shaking his hand.

"Don't mind the body, it was my own fault."
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 02:25:15 pm »

"Eh, I dunno what you space magic guys can and can't do anymore. One is an invisible cat, the other is an invisible statue that can vomit cigars, the third is a half-tree half-medic hybrid. For all I know you got a mind reading amp so you can gain more empathy for the people you heal. And all the people down there might be dead, but they might be under the control of some kind of alien sexually transmitted parasite that can control flesh and make them part of a hive mind, making them technically zombies. Can't blame me for being careful with space magic."

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 02:26:12 pm »

He hesitated a moment before nodding. "Nice to meet you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 02:28:11 pm »

"Mission team, once you are on the ground you will be divided into squads. Lars will be mission ground commander today, so he will be dividing as he sees fit. I gave him some pointers, but ultimately he can choose as he sees fit.

Next to that, there will be a clearer than usual chain of command, especially in regards to communications. I'd like you all to stay off the general comms unless really needed. Instead, you report to your squad commanders, who report to the ground commander, Lars, and to mission control, being me. I don't need everybody getting jumpy every time you're spooked by a space pigeon surprising you.

Once you are all divided, you general orders are to secure the immediate area, check the dead bodies lying there, and identify a way in. Do not push on until your mission commanders gives you the go.

Any questions on this?"

((So yeah, try to label comms somewhat clearly if you can, to avoid confusion and such. Also because REALISM :o ))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:47:44 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 02:29:53 pm »

Brother Lars, while clearly at first intending to say something in terms of mission preparedness, is instead too busy looking at Vanessa.  "Are... you an avatar of Sa'las?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 02:31:23 pm »

"Nice to meet you as well! Hopefully we won't have to patch up too many of these folks down there, eh?"

"Oh, I don't trust amps. Never have, really. Too ... unpredictable for my tastes. But I suppose your worries are well-founded considering the type of buggery that goes on in this organization. Rest assured, I'm safe.
I don't believe we've met, by the by - I'm Vanessa,"
she says, extending another hand simultaneously.

Brother Lars, while clearly at first intending to say something in terms of mission preparedness, is instead too busy looking at Vanessa.  "Are... you an avatar of Sa'las?"
"Sa'las? You'll have to explain, please."
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 02:32:16 pm »

"Sa'las, the God of Amputation, the Limb Collector, descendant of Emar'i, of the Medic Pantheon?  You... certainly bear a resemblance."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23