Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a mod for changing my creatures orientations?  (Read 2063 times)

OdinDorfLord

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Is there a mod for changing my creatures orientations?
« on: July 17, 2015, 02:06:11 pm »

I want to know if there is a mod or dfhack where I can easily change my dwarves/pets orientations. please any help is appreciated.

OdinDorfLord

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a mod for changing my creatures orientations?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 04:07:25 pm »

Ahh... I just learned how to do it through gm-editor. nvm.

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a mod for changing my creatures orientations?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 04:56:32 pm »

If you want something marginally more user-friendly, I wrote a script called set-orientation that you can use.  Specify the unit ID with -unit, or by selecting it ingame, and then specify sexual orientation with -men and -women.  The params for -men and -women are 0 (not interested), 1 (sexually attracted), and 2 (romantically attracted).  So, "set-orientation -unit 15915 -men 2 -women 1" will make the unit with the ID 15915 romantically interested in men and sexually interested in women.

If you need a script to list your dwarves' unit IDs, for use with set-orientation, you can use list-citizens.lua.

I've been meaning to rewrite set-orientation so you can use more user-friendly parameters, like, say, "set-orientation -unit 15915 -bisexual -homoromantic," but I only ever needed the script a couple times so it was never a priority.