Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I abolish Tokens and just give the checkpoints the ability to do things via 1d6?

As in, players choose what they want to do or get at a checkpoint, then roll 1d6 for it, 3 times. Yes.
No, let's keep tokens in.
Checkpoints should only get 1 1d6 roll to them, not 3. Otherwise, yes.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race Omega(6/6), Game One(Preparation).  (Read 9160 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race Omega(6/6), Game One(Preparation).
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2015, 04:14:57 pm »

Gah.

Reroll Drill
Reroll Missile Launcher
Reroll Controls

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2015, 04:56:40 pm »

Finally, Turn Four!

Salty Cap'n Pete spends three rolls for three crewmen.
(3) There's no reason female sailors can't sail this ship! Even if that one's a little lazy... (gained lazy female crew member).
(6) Arrr, it be Blackgoatee! (Gained Blackgoatee, a very able bodied former ship captain. He's hardcore.)
(3) Ar! The lazy sailor's brought her teenage brother! He sails, but not well! (Gained somewhat skilled teenage sailor.)

Toaster smacks the keyboard, hoping...
Drill(5). Yup, that works. That thing is huge. Moreover, it should run simply on the fuel being used to move, at the same time as moving. It can't be used while the vehicle isn't moving, but that won't matter. (Gained That Drill.)
Launcher(5) One Hurricane Missle Launcher, easily mounted on the roof of sorts of your vehicle, reporting for usage! (Missile Salvo firing Hurricane Missile Launcher).
Controls(2) Ashes. In Toaster's face.

The Mad Amish Man rages!
Water(5) Ah...
Wood Engine(6) One hyperefficient wood gas engine coming up.
Wood Wheels(4) There we go. A nice pair of wood tractor wheels that should be sufficient.

Talisman! Actions!
Chassis(3) Half a motorcycle chassis gained.
Battery(1) Was that supposed to do something?
Plate Armor(1 really Random.org?) What? Pewter powder?

GENERAL!
(6,1,1- Random.org these days...) There we go, a nice efficient bio-fuel engine... where did the other two go? (Bio-fuel engine gained, E=5.)

((I'd like you to note that if your vehicles aren't finished by the end of the Preparation Phase, your vehicle will receive an auto-complete of sorts. That is based upon a single luck roll. The worst sort of luck.))

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2015, 02:25:58 pm »

Wood gas engine: (E=4, but one unit of wood can be used for three tiles instead of two. What do you expect, it's wood!)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2015, 12:15:02 am »

Wheels. This ship be needing a way to sail 'cross the land.
A proper wind catchin sail.
Lots o' rum.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2015, 10:27:56 pm »

... I have more than one player, I'm sure of it.
Generic Arms Race.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2015, 09:54:10 am »

Can't think of anything else to put on my vehicle.

Add some sort of boost system and spikes, then go chop up some wood for the remainder of the prep phase.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2015, 02:38:35 pm »

((Two more players needed.))
Generic Arms Race.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2015, 03:05:41 pm »

((Let's see... what all has to be there?))

Controls, dammit:
Armor:  Rare dwarven alloy armor, of course, of the highest grade obtainable.
Quantum Dodge:  A trick stolen from the Paradox: the Quantum Dodger gives all incoming attacks a chance to miss based on the ship simply not being there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2015, 03:02:18 pm »

((Poketwo? Lo?))
Generic Arms Race.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2015, 04:14:00 pm »

Just run the turn without him. There's always someone who doesn't post, and if you wait too long for them your game will never get anywhere.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2015, 08:42:24 pm »

Turn Five!

The GENERAL seems to have smacked himself in the face.

Salty Cap'n Pete prepares some stuff for his "vehicle".
Wheels(3) Those look like they would fit Pete's plans perfectly. Unfortunately it's only half of the wheels needed.
Sail(3) Lo, it be a large sheet of sailcloth- halfway there, again! (Sail: E=variable(roll 1d8 luck: 1-2: backwards, 3, no movement, 4-5, E=3, 6-7, E=4, 8, E=5.) Uses wind, no fuel needed(but needs to be finished in order to work).)
Rum(2) A mug full of wine seems to rest atop Pete's head.

The Mad Amish Man prepares his vehicle.
((Wood storage bin would be handy, otherwise there are going to be limits on what you can carry. Also, weapons, and some plating, and food storage... don't worry, anything you fail to add that is necessary to race will be replaced(in possibly horrible ways).))
Boost System(4) This device can be used to pressurize the wood gas used in the engine, accelerating the vehicle(at the cost of potential damage(roll luck) and one unit of fuel. If used, adds two squares of movement. May also cause overheating. No warranty.)
Spikes(6) Lo, the SPIKE system! These small pods attach to the sides of your vehicle, and extend energy spikes from them, ready-made to ram foes! They can even be used as ranged projectiles!(although that function doesn't use special fuel or ammo, it is inaccurate(-1 to hit).)
Woodcutting(2) The Mad Amish Man experiences cramps!

Talisman hungers for success!
Chassis(4) The motorcycle chassis be ready! Completely usable(though not made of the standard adamantine variant).
Battery(4) Behold, a solar-charged battery, quite capable of firing the railgun. (You have the railgun, right?)
Plate Armor(6) What is THAT? Some sort of gemstone dust-no, nanoparticles that attach to your vehicle and grow themselves into naturally regenerating plates of armor! Wonderful!

Toaster facepalms, continuing his work.
Controls(5) One universal wireless vehicle control console gained. It shouldn't need more power than the heat from your engine can't provide.
Armor(5) Adamantine! No, adamithral! (There we go. That stuff is heavy but strong.)
Quantnum Dodge(5?) An odd device appears in the Toastermobile(working title). It seems to be creating quantum fluxes- oh wait, wasn't the Toastermobile over there, not here? (wow. If supplied with power(easily given from your engine), will give you a 1/4 chance of dodging any attack(most attacks, anyway).)

The General stares at the others.

Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2015, 08:40:53 am »

((Built in nuclear fusion pods, completely sufficient for the spikes' purposes(he got a 6, after all).))
Generic Arms Race.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2015, 11:52:29 am »

Wheels, sails, and Rum!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2015, 09:41:54 pm »

Missing three players. ((Come on, I want to do this, despite the pains it will cause me, but I can't if I don't get the needed actions!))
Generic Arms Race.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2015, 09:43:22 am »

...did I not post OR name the thing?  Sheesh!

The Heaven Piercer

Need a crewman!
And some food!
Reroll either if they sucked! (1 or 2)  Get me fuel if it didn't!

Is there a current list of what we have anywhere (and what we still need to be feasible?)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9