Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I abolish Tokens and just give the checkpoints the ability to do things via 1d6?

As in, players choose what they want to do or get at a checkpoint, then roll 1d6 for it, 3 times. Yes.
No, let's keep tokens in.
Checkpoints should only get 1 1d6 roll to them, not 3. Otherwise, yes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race Omega(6/6), Game One(Preparation).  (Read 9162 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race Omega(5/6), Game One(Signups).
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 01:03:44 pm »

Okay, Poketwo's reservation has expired.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 01:22:47 pm »

I POSTED MY CHAR SHEET BEFORE THEN

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 01:25:30 pm »

I POSTED MY CHAR SHEET BEFORE THEN
Sorry, didn't notice. Accepted, brace yourself for start.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race Omega(6/6), Game One(Preparation).
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 01:57:58 pm »

"And here we have our six contestants!"

"Indeed, Null, these fine men and women hail from all over the multiverse!"

"Well, Nowhere, perhaps some introductions are in order?"

"Let's see. We've got Delekates, the woman who lost and now hopes to win. The next to sign up was Silto... who was he again?"

"A mechanic. A somewhat mad one."

"Well. I suppose that's to be expected here. After Silto, the next to sign up was THE GENERAL agh my ears. For some reason that... creature... decided to sign up here when plenty of armies would have taken him as their leader. I wish his name wasn't so... capital."

"Don't forget the others."

"Right... does the next racer even exist?"

"Well, at the moment he does."

"Well... okay. So... a veteran of the Wacky Death Races, the legendary... Toaster? I'm not sure why this guy is even allowed to race."

"He's not allowed to race in a wide variety of universes. He was banned from several, not to mention."

"Ooh, a somewhat homicidal paradox man! I love those!"

"Null. Stay focused."

"Right. The next to reveal himself was the Salty Cap'n Pete. What the heck does a pirate captain want to do in this race?"

"I don't even."

"Reality these days... the last to sign up was... who?"

"He would be Talisman. A pilot."

"Odd for this race... but I suppose he's still a valid racer. Okay then, let's get started."

A burst of light from Null's hand flashes over the six racers!

When the light clears, the six racers find themselves in a warehouse. Each of the racers has a rather large section all to themselves and a terminal.

"Glad to see you've arrived safely and haven't developed any mutations in species. Nowhere, why didn't the Scrambler work?"

"Not so loudly. I have no clue."

"Ah well. Next race. Anyway, folks, you may request anything you want for your racer using your terminal, or attempt to purchase it using Tokens. Note that using the terminal to acquire the things you need might not work perfectly well. If you get hungry or thirsty, there's a catering service I've hired for this event. If you want something, just order it on the messaging app for the terminal. You can also communicate with outside parties(most of them) or with your fellow contestants via the terminals. Now then..."

"Preparation Phase! Turn One! Begin!"
Generic Arms Race.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 02:37:17 pm »

So we can choose to sleep at night, or not and gain an action in exchange for a risk of penalties?  If so, there should be energy drinks or something in the Race Shop to counteract that at token cost.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 03:17:59 pm »

So we can choose to sleep at night, or not and gain an action in exchange for a risk of penalties?  If so, there should be energy drinks or something in the Race Shop to counteract that at token cost.
((Pretty much. The effects of sleep deprivation basically have you roll for luck, with more penalties to luck the more nights straight you go without sleep. On a five or six nothing much might happen as a result of sleep issues, a three and efficiency lags, a one and I feel valid crashing your vehicle. If you want energy drinks, begin negotiations for those. Note that normal energy drinks probably won't entirely negate sleep deprivation penalties.))
Generic Arms Race.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 03:21:41 pm »

((Well sure, these should be Wacky Death Energy Drinks, with various legal, not-so-legal, and highly illegal ingredients.  I'd say... five tokens for one, where a d6 is rolled; 3-6 negate any penalty, 2 lessens the penalty, and 1 increases the penalty?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 03:40:20 pm »

((Hm. My variant would be "5 tokens for two units. roll d6. 4-5 negate any penalty, 6 makes it impossible to sleep the next night, 3-2 have no effect, and 1 worsens the penalty."))
Generic Arms Race.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 03:47:55 pm »

((I'd never buy that as ruled (even 1 token for a dozen); the odds are simply too bad for an item I paid for.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 03:50:09 pm »

((Hm. Perhaps a different random number size. Perhaps d8. 8-no sleep the next night, 7-4, ignore penalties, 3-2, no effect, 1, renders the drinker into a catatonic state.))
Generic Arms Race.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 03:53:18 pm »

((What exactly would a "no sleep" result mean?  Ignore penalties the current night but you must handle no sleep the next night, in an addiction-like result?  If you still get the benefit 5/8 of the time, that edges into "sort of worth it" but it also depends on how hard the failure on 1 is as well; are we talking lose day actions?))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 04:01:05 pm »

((They won't be able to sleep the next night on an eight(yes, ignore penalties for sleep deprivation for the day/night drunk). Naturally this comes with sleep deprivation penalties the night after drinking. The failure on a 1- yep, lose day action for whoever drunk it. Note that if you have multiple crew members, alternating who drinks and who doesn't through the days may be a possibility(sleeping and drinking in shifts). Are my words coming clear to you?))
Generic Arms Race.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 06:15:39 pm »

ill reply in 6-9 hours probbly. cuz its 2am here ill go sleep :P
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 07:24:15 pm »

((You get three rolls per turn. Ask for what you want, and I'll roll for it. Read the Preparation Phase thing in the OP for full information about Preparation turns and whatnot.))
Generic Arms Race.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 09:35:56 pm »

I guess I'll join any waitlist that may or may not exist. Also I believe what they're looking for is what sort of parts are actually needed/necessary. Looking into past wacky races may help with this, but guidelines probably wouldn't hurt. This does look more freeform than past races though, which could be nice. You might not NEED wheels with the right vehicle setup. With an unconventional engine, you might not technically need fuel either. Sidenote, do you actually get 3 rolls for new parts on preparation turn 5, or is it strictly vehicle assembly? Anyway, I guess I'll line things up the way I currently interpret it, so you can confirm or deny my suspicions.
Spoiler: Spoiled for length (click to show/hide)
Is that basically correct?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9