Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: History Generator Simulator  (Read 26639 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: History Generator Simulator
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2017, 06:18:08 am »

I really like this project, reminds me of something (also DF inspired) I made ages ago (I'm talking like ~2009 or so). BTW I started with a 2D square map, but later managed to get them running around making empires on a spherical world, which was really cool. Somehow I lost that specific branch of the code however :/

That spherical world code ended up as a Elite-style flight sim where you can travel between solar systems in real-time, but I'm actually thinking to do a space / roguelike / strategy game where you in fact have planets with cities and little armies marching around, cities, wars you can view from space.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 06:23:10 am by Reelya »

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Re: History Generator Simulator
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2017, 09:27:42 pm »

I really like this project, reminds me of something (also DF inspired) I made ages ago (I'm talking like ~2009 or so). BTW I started with a 2D square map, but later managed to get them running around making empires on a spherical world, which was really cool. Somehow I lost that specific branch of the code however :/

That spherical world code ended up as a Elite-style flight sim where you can travel between solar systems in real-time, but I'm actually thinking to do a space / roguelike / strategy game where you in fact have planets with cities and little armies marching around, cities, wars you can view from space.

I'm planning on allowing a player to explore the history of the random world that is generated, archaeology style. I haven't really started with that yet though.

Speaking of which:

Here is a new release. I have the basics of a saving/loading system (that is, to say, the saving part). I also have begun to think of ways that the generator can be improved, as I feel like its not very coherent, and its too hard to tell what is going on. To this end I have added a wayh to more easily see where the armies are going by having it display the path that the army is taking. Here is the download, hopefully without the issue that seems to plaguing other people where the zip file is empty:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ffq0vi73rd7717u/History+Generator-2017-03-09.zip

Changelog:
2017-03-10
Major changes:
- Treaties can now end (so wars don't last forever, and neither do trade deals).
- Added the ability to save, but no loading yet (soon) so its kind of useless, but eh. Soon.

Minor changes:
- Trade treaties now keep track of the money that each side has made.
- The world now has a name.
- Added a start up menu.
- Armies move in an easier to see way.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed bug where treaties were not properly kept track of.
- Fixed bug where caravans influenced a cities religion before they actually got there.
- Fixed a bug where the advance by feature didn't register the number entered.
- Fixed a bug where the advance once button advanced repeatedly.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]