Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paralysis as a Training Tool  (Read 2353 times)

benevolentNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Paralysis as a Training Tool
« on: July 18, 2015, 09:01:27 pm »

Training on human targets is often not ideal, since they are too quick to give in to pain, and sometimes can do real damage. However, humans don't feel much pain or pose much of a threat once they're paralyzed from the neck down. repeatedly bashing the neck with a knife handle works well for this, and can be done when the human is already unconscious. After that, the human will eventually wake up, and is a great training dummy.

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
Re: Paralysis as a Training Tool
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 09:22:57 pm »

Lashing people in the neck with a whip also works quite well

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 07:17:24 pm »

I thought you don't gain XP for attacking unconscious or stunned foes?

benevolentNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 09:50:08 pm »

You don't. But if they're paralyzed, they don't feel pain from injuries you cause them and therefore don't pass out from pain.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 09:50:17 pm »

on humans this tecnique that's eventually lethal. once you break the upper spine, you shut down the breathing function and they die in several hours.

However, if used on night trolls, this technique allows for unlimited safe training as they don't suffocate.

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 02:02:33 pm »

If you break the middle spine, they can still breathe, although this also means they can bite. They can't move or punch, though.
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 06:28:07 pm »

If you break the middle spine, they can still breathe, although this also means they can bite. They can't move or punch, though.
Are you sure about that? I definitely remember middle spine being lethal back then before the neck was introduced and upper spine got delegated there from the head, but that might have changed in the new version.

Bites can be nasty yeah that's why we knock out all of them teeth with our hammers!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 06:55:15 pm »

Unfortunately, a skull fracture still causes pain, and they will pass out once you get a good head blow. But yeah, good training up until that point.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 09:38:31 am »

Best thing to do is go fer a knife slash in the back of the neck on a small-ish animal like a boar or cavy. They don't wake up, and you can wrestle them or whatever almost infinitely, as they can probably survive. No fancy bashing business needed for this size.
One wheel short of a wagon

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 09:47:02 am »

Best thing to do is go fer a knife slash in the back of the neck on a small-ish animal like a boar or cavy. They don't wake up, and you can wrestle them or whatever almost infinitely, as they can probably survive. No fancy bashing business needed for this size.
No wake up = no exp.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 09:54:51 am »

XP? Really, ok. Helps build stength, though, and speed a bit.
One wheel short of a wagon

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 12:40:25 am »

one may strike with the pommel of the copper dagger, and gain knife skill, while dealing minimal damage to the target. a legendary knife user can kill an elephant with the starting copper dagger.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.