Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bubonic plague makes me want to commit suicide  (Read 2675 times)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
Bubonic plague makes me want to commit suicide
« on: July 19, 2015, 04:52:25 pm »

I have diseases turned off, I've tried generating new worlds, but yet, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY DAMN FORTRESSES GETS INFECTED WITH BUBONIC PLAGUE, and then I have to leave the fort cause all my workers are laid up in the hospital with their limbs rotting off. How do I just erase this stupid crap from the raws?
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Bubonic plague makes me want to commit suicide
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 05:58:43 pm »

Delete interaction_disease.txt, i guess?  But disabling it in the GUI has always worked for me.  You haven't said whether you're playing 6.1 or Reborn.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 06:37:29 pm »

It might actually be a secret rather than one of the diseases. I'm not sure about the newer one, but 6.2 has numerous magic secrets besides necromancy like "pyromancy" that generally do nothing but inflict FUN when the secret holders immigrate to your fortress. (Which they can because not having anti-life minions around apparently means they don't have to leave their civ behind when they learn magic in world-gen.)
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 07:26:25 pm »

FWIW 

Searching for: bubonic
c_variation_masterwork.txt(2299): [CV_NEW_TAG:APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:HAS_BUBONIC_PLAGUE]
c_variation_masterwork.txt(2343): [CREATURE_VARIATION:HAS_BUBONIC_PLAGUE]
c_variation_masterwork.txt(2345): [CV_NEW_TAG:CAN_DO_INTERACTION:BUBONIC_PLAGUE_PROBABILITY]
creature_standard.txt(19): !NONEWDISEASE!APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:HAS_BUBONIC_PLAGUE]
interaction_disease.txt(244): [INTERACTION:BUBONIC_PLAGUE_PROBABILITY]
interaction_disease.txt(247): [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED][IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:BUBONIC_PLAGUE_A][IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:PLAGUE_IMMUNE]
interaction_disease.txt(249): [SYN_CLASS:BUBONIC_PLAGUE_A][CE_BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:99:START:0][SYN_NAME:bubonic plague check made]
interaction_disease.txt(254): [CDI:INTERACTION:BUBONIC_PLAGUE_PROB_INNER]
interaction_disease.txt(257): [INTERACTION:BUBONIC_PLAGUE_PROB_INNER]
interaction_disease.txt(260): [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED][IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:BUBONIC_PLAGUE_B][IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:PLAGUE_IMMUNE]
interaction_disease.txt(262): [SYN_CLASS:BUBONIC_PLAGUE_B][CE_BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:99:START:0][SYN_NAME:bubonic plague secondary check made]
interaction_disease.txt(266): [CDI:INTERACTION:SPREAD_BUBONIC_PLAGUE]
interaction_disease.txt(1053): [SYN_NAME:bears the black plague] ## the black death is a mysterious disease - it can be reasonably assumed bubonic plague was a major component, but this mod assumes black plague to be a more virulent variant
interaction_disease.txt(1115): [INTERACTION:SPREAD_BUBONIC_PLAGUE]
interaction_disease.txt(1136): [CDI:INTERACTION:BUBONIC_PLAGUE_PROB_SPREAD]
interaction_disease.txt(1144): [CDI:INTERACTION:DISEASE_BUBONIC_PLAGUE]
interaction_disease.txt(1153): [INTERACTION:BUBONIC_PLAGUE_PROB_SPREAD]
interaction_disease.txt(1159): [SYN_CLASS:BUBONIC_PLAGUE_PROB_SPREAD_CHECK][CE_BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:99:START:0][SYN_NAME:bubonic plague prob_spread secondary check made]
interaction_disease.txt(1162): [CDI:INTERACTION:SPREAD_BUBONIC_PLAGUE]
interaction_disease.txt(1165): [INTERACTION:DISEASE_BUBONIC_PLAGUE]
interaction_disease.txt(1212): [SYN_NAME:carries bubonic plague]
interaction_disease.txt(1221): [CDI:ADV_NAME:Spread bubonic plague]
interaction_disease.txt(1229): [CDI:ADV_NAME:Suffer from bubonic plague (yes, it's a choice, dwarves just never choose not to)]
interaction_disease.txt(1231): [CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:bubonic plaguebearer:bubonic plaguebearer:plagued:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]
interaction_disease.txt(1263): [SYN_NAME:sick with the bubonic plague]
Found 25 occurrence(s) in 3 file(s)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 08:31:12 pm »

Bubonic plague is a disease, not a secret. Shouldnt be there if diseases are off.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 01:05:26 am »

don't you need to gen a new world for stuff like this or else stuff will stay were they are in the save raws and not change and/or buggy stuff happens.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 02:53:44 am »

don't you need to gen a new world for stuff like this

I've tried generating new worlds

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 11:54:12 am »

Delete interaction_disease.txt, i guess?  But disabling it in the GUI has always worked for me.  You haven't said whether you're playing 6.1 or Reborn.

Oh, sorry! I'm playing 6.1

Edit: I managed to lock the carriers in a room alone, so the plague stopped spreading, but... they've been in that room for months, without food or water. What is going on

Edit 2: There is no interaction_disease... and now everyone is magically cured. Their rotted limbs became unrotted. I am both confused and afraid
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:27:15 pm by Kars »
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 04:35:48 pm »

I had diseases turned off in the GUI for .34 and my whole human fortress became pock-marcked plague bearers when a vamp came with the plauge. I ended up just nuking the world since my next human fortress had all my plaugebearers from the last fortress as migrant. Pretty damn annoying, never found out how the hell to cure the damn thing.