Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 52664 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)
« Reply #795 on: July 08, 2015, 06:41:42 pm »

I had to work the holiday weekend. My work schedule is shit.  I have today off.

Resumed play: Hooray! This happened!

Wierd gets to claim the resulting statue!!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 08, 2015, 06:43:45 pm »

Uh oh.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 08, 2015, 06:51:51 pm »

Apparently, this was rather anti-climactic. 

I ordered all of the squads to gang-bang the collossus, which was preoccupied by the cannon fodder erhm... war dogs. Two war dogs bought the farm and flew off in gore, but all dwarves that engaged the collossus were completely unharmed. Shortly after the altercation, a dwarf named his steel battle axe.

Looks like the dwarf cut the collosus in half.

According to the announcements, the axelord in question is this guy:

Score: Nevertaxed 1, Collosus 0. Game, set, match.

It will make a fine conversation piece in the party chamber.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:09:40 pm by wierd »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 08, 2015, 06:55:43 pm »

Well, alright then. Hopefully this builds morale. Though more likely people will grieve about the violence and dead dogs.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 08, 2015, 07:17:31 pm »

I dont think that will be a problem. The confirmed badass that killed it has reached the pinnacle of dwarven mental discipline, and does not care about anything anymore.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 08, 2015, 08:29:20 pm »

Work continues without interruption. It has come to my attention that the death of the colossus did not result in the creation of a masterwork statue. This has vexed me supremely.

In retaliation of this, I have decided to rub salt into Koreg's wounded pride, by forcing his renter to manufacture stone statues. He is already at Grand Master mason, and is thus on the verge of his flowering into his industry. It is only fitting that his first masterworks be the statues that will line my fine party room. (May the parties held there be a pernicious thorn in Koreg's side.)

Success. Onud has become a legendary craftsdwarf, and has inherited the mason's pitch, and his masterwork was a statue that I intend to install in my party room.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 08:55:20 pm by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 09, 2015, 01:26:25 am »

Tragedy struck nevertaxed today, in the early winter months.

The dump manager, having finally succumbed to the riggors of his daily tasks of managing the dump, finally snapped and went on a homicidal tantrum, killing Baffler, and two other dwarves, before being lethally punched in the face by one of his fellow soldiers.

Mortuary services will be held at first light tomorrow morning.

We need a new boarding industry manager.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 11, 2015, 04:55:57 pm »

Diary of Koreg Hawkblockades the First

Wierd seems to have an odd idea about how much I care about masterworks or Onud Iltud. He cares about masterworks and EvictedSaint cares about masterworks so I used masterworks to torment them. I value skill, I have the power to create a masterwork at any time and Onud Iltud was one of many means to an end. I feel like he probably should have realized how little I care about masterworks or what he puts in his trash hovel after I gave him one of my own masterpieces. In effect his clever little trick has resulted in me now having the nine tiles I've been using to rent an industry and 15 new tiles. I could expand my fortress by 24 tiles or I could support an industry and expand by 15 tiles or I could support two separate industries and expand by six tiles. Of course we'll now be plagued by constant parties that only Weird himself can put an end to. Still if he's declaring that area of his home a public space I suppose it means I will be able to attend these parties darkening his doorway until it drives him mad.  Joyful, joyful day.
I briefly allowed myself to believe he coming into his own as an overseer when he oversaw the defeat of a Bronze Colossus but then Hostergaard went on a killing spree and there went that theory.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 11, 2015, 06:28:24 pm »

Diary:

I wonder how Koreg will handle my choice of decoration in the party hall, considering that Onud has been churning out quite a few statues of his patron, some of which are less than flattering, and which I purchased quite excitedly. The one of Fearless Leader crying his little eyeballs out after being ejected from being mayor especially pleases me.

The clothing situation, while not COMPLETELY remedied, is now much better controlled, with sufficient reserve clothing that needy dwarves can select from either masterwork clothing or exceptional clothing at their leisure.  My old "hovel", as the fearless leader called it, has been suitably stripped down in accordance with legal requirements for resale of the property, and my rather nice tower home is basically complete. I need a few more mechanisms to link the lever in my room at the apex to the bridges at the ground floor level.  My home now boasts a room packed with beds for civil emergencies, two stills, a party room, my personal quarters, and on the roof I have moved the threshing workshops.  The new basement is more than 50% larger than my old one, and I can grow substantially more ethnic crops now. I do wish that we could somehow obtain some rock nuts, but for some reason the old capital refuses to supply us with them. Perhaps they think that we cant grow them here, since we have openly asserted that we are a surface village, and not a proper dwarven mountain home?  Who knows.

In either case, I have noticed that the fearless leader seems to think that Hostergaard's complete mental breakdown was somehow my fault, despite the poor soul having been haggard for at least two years prior to his recent, untimely end, and that his assignment as the dump manager (and all refusals to permit him a vacation, both from active military duty and from "cleanup detail") have come from fearless leader himself. If anyone is to blame there, I should think it to be Koreg, but as usual, that oaf cant accept that his shit smells of anything but rosewater and sunshine.

The caravan from the old capital DID have a number of interesting food products we were not actively cultivating however, including garlic and onions. Combined with peas, potatoes, and the wild carrots, we have quite a nice assortment of vegetables for our exquisitely talent chef to work with-- A process that has been uninterrupted my entire tenure. We have enough prepared meals to host the mother of all banquets, should we so wish. Many of which are legendary creations.

Three children matured into peasants this year. I have decided to grant them a short reprieve until the end of my tenure before assigning them to the drudgery that will consume their adult lives. Koreg is better at that kind of thing, and it suits my image better to let them be for the moment. Any one of which would make excellent material for bootstrapping an industry with, as each is fresh, and unspoiled by any existing notions of how things should be done, meaning that under the rules of our settlement, they are the most profitable prospects to utilize for such projects. I fully expect koreg to snatch up two of them. It should give him great pleasure to finally put them to work (for him.)

Only a few months remain in my tenure, and I admit that I did not get all that terrible much accomplished, other than further mitigation of the looming clothing disaster, but still-- that alone was a significant effort for the community.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54]