Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Arcana of Magic  (Read 5295 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Arcana of Magic
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 07:11:02 pm »

Wow this looks cool!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:01:20 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 07:29:20 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:31:49 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Arcana of Magic
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 01:23:00 am »

You've all gathered in your fallen Master's lab in the southern areas of Skysteel a few days after his death at the hands of the Bureau of Magic Extermination, and Containment operatives. None of you understand how the BMEC found out about your Master's identity, but you've all heard or seen the leveled buildings and quarantined zones where he fought against them either in an attempt to escape or destroy them entirely. You staked out the area around his lab for the past few days until one of Master's old friends sent a message to you that the BMEC had yet to find his lab, and were currently in an internal crisis scrambling for even a clue about its location.

With the all clear you all gave the area one last look over before proceeding into the dark alleyway, and tapping the sequence out on the wall at the very end of it causing part of the stone to slide away revealing a dark staircase heading down. Without hesitation the six of you enter the familiar space with the lights coming on as the lab itself senses your presence. Looking around the study you find the bookshelves, and cabinets that line the walls completely untouched with the handful of tables scattered around the center in the same state of discord that you all had left them the week before. On the far side are three stone doors, one leading to the Master's personal study, another to the ritual room, and the last to a small chamber your Master used for storage.

However the place truly feels barren without your jovial teacher's presence, his speeches on magical theory, and constant advice and guidance in your studies no longer fill the room. Now there's only stark silence, and uncertainty as you all are unsure of what the future will hold ...

Spoiler: Sail, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lefs Guamentre, ATHATH (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Formido, F.O.E. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoisk Thegan, NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Celia Godfrey, Sinvara (click to show/hide)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 01:45:34 am »

"I wonder how long this place will stay safe? It might not be a bad idea to take inventory...including Master's study.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 02:06:03 am »

"I don't know. If someone did, I doubt it was any of us. We know They hate magic users. Maybe there was a high enough bounty on his head and someone saw a chance to improve their lot? We should still be cautious with any dealings we have outside of Master's most trusted friends. And even then."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 02:15:24 am »

Welp goodluck.
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 02:26:36 am »

"He's right," Formido speaks up. "None of us had anything to gain from Master's death, but everything to lose. We're in a tricky spot, all we can do is stick together if we want to accomplish anything. I'll take inventory of the storage room and bring back anything that looks useful."

Take inventory of the storage room.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 09:35:37 am »

"Ok then"

Help with taking inventory

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 02:08:42 pm »

This looks like an interesting setting. PTW.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 02:15:32 pm »

"Sounds good."

Commence the third great taking of the inventory.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 04:19:46 pm »

"Let us proceed with care. You know, look out for the labels that say 'Flammable' or 'horrible corroding acid' on them.
Assist with the considering of inventory.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 04:26:39 pm »

"I shall investigate the ritual room. I vote for making the resurrection of our master a high priority."

Investigate the ritual room.

"He's right," Formido speaks up. "None of us had anything to gain from Master's death, but everything to lose. We're in a tricky spot, all we can do is stick together if we want to accomplish anything. I'll take inventory of the storage room and bring back anything that looks useful."

Take inventory of the storage room.
Well, if someone had a metaphorical gun to their head...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Arcana of Magic
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 06:40:29 pm »

Formido
After you all decide on a course of action you head through the right most door to enter into the storage room where a dozen mostly barren shelves covered in dust, and cobwebs greats you. Sighing at the state of poverty your Master had fallen into in recent years you begin to take what little there is from the shelves finding four pieces of Liferoot, two average sized iron bars, and two emeralds about the size of your thumb coated in a thin layer of dust.

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Lefs Guamentre
With the plan mostly done you decide to search the ritual room, and enter through the left most door into a dimly lit chamber with two massive circular ritual systems carved into the floor. The light in the room comes from the fist sized crystals that act as the foundation of both circles as the hover slightly above the ground at specific points flickering weakly in the dimness. Walking past Master's handmade summoning circle you notice a few drawers on the far wall meant to hold supplies for ritual magic.

Sail, Hoisk Thegan, Jasper Dome, Celia Godfrey
With the other two off rooting through other rooms the four of you combine your efforts to empty the cabinets, and bookshelves before placing what you find in the center of the room for you all to choose from when everything has been gathered. Those of you clearing the bookshelves ignore most of the reading material lining the shelves, and instead focus on grabbing anything related to magic as most of the books or articles relate to the history, geography, and common knowledge of the Empire. Your Master had said that the only way to survive inside of the Empire was to know how they worked otherwise you'd be better off running off into the war torn zones the make up the rest of the continent hoping to survive.

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sail, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lefs Guamentre, ATHATH (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Formido, F.O.E. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoisk Thegan, NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Celia Godfrey, Sinvara (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:10:59 pm by adwarf »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 06:52:54 pm »

"I don't know what the rest of you want, but I certainly would like the Path to conjuration book. And maybe a sapphire or ruby if I need them in making deals with any spirits or such."

Read through Demons, Devils and Dark Ones-The Path to Conjuration
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:21:39 pm by renegadelobster »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 07:05:32 pm »

"I'll take Falgrim's guide to the Magic Language. Don't worry, y'all can read it too if you want."

Start reading Falgrim's guide.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:16:59 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6