Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Arcana of Magic  (Read 5291 times)

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcana of Magic
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 07:38:46 pm »

After returning to the Lab Formido added the items he'd found to the center, not having a use for them. "It seems there was more here than there." Spotting the book on Pyromancy he picked it up and began reading through it.

Add all found items to the center and read The Basics, and Fundamentals of Pyromancy.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:02:53 pm by F.O.E. »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 07:54:09 pm »

"Hmm. I believe that I could shape these metal bars, if any of you require tools."
Remind myself as of the usage of the spells in my grimoire. I did this actually.
If no one objects, attempt to transmute one iron bar into a steel bar.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:54:43 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 08:07:04 pm »

Spoiler: If I may join (click to show/hide)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 08:17:35 pm »

"Would anyone object to me using this iron bar for an experiment?"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:54:28 pm by Egan_BW »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2015, 08:26:36 pm »

"I see no reason why not."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 08:50:58 pm »

"Just be careful about it."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 08:58:26 pm »

"Don't worry, I'm always careful. And if something did go wrong I'm sure it would be something simple like it turning to copper and then my mind catching on fire."
This last bit Sail says sarcastically, though with some nervousness.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 06:20:06 am »

Name: Curt Kraas
Caster Type: Wilder

Magical Aspects: Alchemist
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2015, 09:09:30 am »

No Electromancy?
Name: Gatz Besicannona
Caster Type: Wilder
Magical Aspects: Pyromancy
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 08:09:33 pm »

Transmute the iron in Lef's blood AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA.

Spoiler: Disclaimer (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2015, 08:11:17 pm »

[1] Your head explodes as a perfect steel ingot forms in its place.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 08:19:00 pm »

Check what is in the ritual components storage area.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 08:23:40 pm »

[1] Your head explodes as a perfect steel ingot forms in its place.

((Did you actually make this happen or are you messing with us?))
I'm joking of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 09:16:33 pm »

Lefs Guamentre
You give the ritual supply storage a quick once over, and find four crystal cornerstones and a bag of ritual chalk powder. Just as you turn to walk away you notice a hidden drawer at the very bottom of the wall hanging open just slightly. Curious you pull the drawer open, and find a book contained within with the title An Entry Guide to the Creation of Ritual Circles.

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Formido
You bring the items from the storage room into the main room, and place them with the rest before sifting through the books to grab one titled The Basics, and Fundamentals of Pyromancy that appears to be an overview on the art. When you open the book you find a page with only a few words written on it,

'I put these pages first not to scare away practitioners of Pyromancy, but to show that the art we follow is a dangerous one.'

Flipping the page you find the next one records an old tale told in a time before the Mana Cascade.

----

There once was a King who ruled a prosperous land that was the envy of all other rulers. It was a peaceful land, and the people loved their young King - who governed them with wisdom and kindness, no matter their standing. Peace is a fragile thing, however. A foreign Emperor turned his sight to this prosperous kingdom, and sent his armies forth to conquer it for him at all costs. The young King was desperate as he saw his people slaughtered by these invaders.

He turned to the mysteries of the Flame - seeking to gain a power that would let him protect these people he had ruled over for so long. In his studies of the Flame he was proven to be an unrivalled genius, and soon fire bent to his will as if it was his servant.

With this new power, the young King marched to war at the head of his armies. Countless foes fell before the flames he commanded, but in the end it was truly worthless - for what good is a single, mortal man against an army of thousands? Though the Emperor's soldiers could not slay the young King, his soldiers still fell, one by one, until he alone remained amidst of field of ashen corpses.

It was then that a gnarled old man, cloaked in black, appeared before the young King. He spoke poison - that lit the flame of hope in the King once more. The old man promised the King power, and held out his hand - causing a white flame to appear that gave off a feeling that it could devour the world. Without hesitation the young King reached out and took this Divine Flame as his own, and as he touched it he felt a power far surpassing what any mortal could wield.

In a rage, the young King turned this all-consuming flame on the Emperor's armies. It flourished among the invaders as it spread outwards, turning all to ash. It was then the young King realized his mistake - for the Divine Flame did not stop. It continued to rage through his kingdom, devouring everything to leave behind nothing but more ash and embers. As the young King fell to his knees in horror, the old man cackled and spoke.

"Oh, Mighty Lord of Embers, look upon your lands, look upon your Kingdom of Ashes. You felt the will of the Divine Flame just as I did. You knew that it could consume the world if it wished, and yet you still reached out and took it. So tell me, Lord of Embers, is the price of the Flame to your liking?"

Sail
You pick up an iron bar with your left hand as the grimoire in your right bursts open, and begins to flick through the pages by itself. Within moments it stops, and a faint light appears above the book before spiraling its way into the metal until the mana contained within radiates through the entire bar. With a flash the mana dissipates, and what remains is a bar of steel.

Hoisk Thegan
You pick up Falgrim's Guide, and immediately begin to flick through its pages. Skimming through the early sections of the book you find that these early sections are mainly an in depth explanation of what exactly the Magic Language is, and how it is that Rune Mages are capable of using it to gain power. From what little you do manage to read you find that granting the power of the Magic Language onto an item is in fact the incomplete form of Runic Magic.

Jasper Dome
You spend a decent amount of time skimming through the early segments of the book, but it ends up being stuff you already knew about the basics of conjuration.

Celia Godfrey
You pick up the book on Magic Theory, and begin to delve into whatever secrets it holds. As you read the first handful of pages the book explains that all magic, excluding Runic Magic, follows the same principles in their creation and inner workings. Essentially a spell made by a pyromancer could also be used by a conjurer if they could either gain enough proficiency with pyromancy, or somehow adapt the spell to their form of magic thus creating the ability to say summon fireballs into existence. While its not common for a mage to have adapted a spell from another school to their own it is also not that rare of a thing due to the seeming brilliance behind those who can truly comprehend magical arts.

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sail, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lefs Guamentre, ATHATH (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Formido, F.O.E. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoisk Thegan, NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Celia Godfrey, Sinvara (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2015, 09:21:35 pm »

Read the book!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6