Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Savage Lands IC: First Death!  (Read 21864 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Savage Lands: A Genetics RPG IC
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 01:21:12 am »

Try to make a golem out of catfish bones.

You attempt to make a golem, but do not have enough information about golem making to be successful. It seems like you got lucky with Fluffy.

Try to make a canteen out of wood, or something else.
Hira started trying to craft a canteen of some sort, or another water container. She had been to the stream before, and knew there was safe drinking water there.

(9+1-1) You make a canteen, but when you go to fill it with water a large bug lands on it. You freak out and throw the canteen with all your might. Now you cant find where it landed.

"Hm."

We need more space.  How about I gather rocks, wood, and other building materials for better use tomorrow to make something nice?

(19-1) You venture into the woods. You feel a happy good presence, but nothing seems to be nearby. Weird.
(15-1) You gather a good deal of rocks, wood, and vines in a pile.

(Forgot about this earlier. Whoops.)
Day Two
Camp Holdings:
12 Meals
1 golem
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 01:41:24 am »

Hira put in a token effort into find the canteen, but after 15 minutes or so, she headed back to camp.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:40:53 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 05:22:20 am »

Tirrus with single minded abandon continued with his baby steps of war and used his newly made knife to cut long straight branches down, sharpen the tips and peel the bark from their fresh bodies.  He then hardened the tips off in the edge of the fire to make the most basic of a hunters aid, the fire hardened wood spear.
((I'd like to make multiple spears of course if I have time.))

"Fluffy... I say, would you gather me square stones so that we may make a forge.  The most precious of the weapon-smiths instruments?"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:21:22 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 07:50:03 am »

Willis surveys the pile he had made.  "Yes... this will be a fine hut."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 07:59:06 am »

"You are going to attempt to sleep under neath a pile of raw materials?  Well I won't stop you."
Nom nom nom

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 08:04:22 am »

Try to figure out how a soul would be stored in an object.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 09:57:48 am »

"It'll be better soon.  That golem snores; the sooner we have more space the better."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 10:05:33 am »

"He doesn't snore. He doesn't sleep."
10/10.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 10:08:32 am »

"Oh, so that was you, then."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 10:22:21 am »

"If the stone creature neither sleeps, eats nor snores... why did he stay inside last night?  Getting some moss on his stones'll do him some good."
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 02:25:29 pm »

Tirrus with single minded abandon continued with his baby steps of war and used his newly made knife to cut long straight branches down, sharpen the tips and peel the bark from their fresh bodies.  He then hardened the tips off in the edge of the fire to make the most basic of a hunters aid, the fire hardened wood spear.

"Fluffy... I say, would you gather me square stones so that we may make a forge.  The most precious of the weapon-smiths instruments?"

(16) You make three simple fire hardened spears.
(9) Fluffy collects stone for you, but the concept of squareness seems to be lost on him. Most of the stones are not suitable for a forge.

Try to figure out how a soul would be stored in an object.

You realize that to store a soul in an object, you first need a strong soul. Secondly, you discover that powerful magics you know nothing about go into the binding of a soul to an object. You theorize that you could try deconstructing fluffy to figure it out, but that would be risky.

The day comes to a close and night is upon you once again. All tribesmen return to the safe walls of the hut.

(5) Gurgling and snorting noises can be heard outside the hut in the night. The noises are extremely worrying and prevent any sort of sleep. (-2 on all action rolls)

A new day has come, will it be your last?

Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 02:40:59 pm »

"Now!  We shall see true growth!"

Construct additional living space with the materials gathered yesterday.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 02:59:08 pm »

Craft axes and knives.
10/10.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 05:26:23 pm »

Tirrus gives a spear to fluffy, and demonstrates how to hold the spear.  "Now, this is the important part, only stab things I tell you to stab, or that are attacking us okay?  Now follow me, we shall go hunting together my stone friend."  He takes the golem with him off on a hunt towards the water hole, it's been two days since he drank and making weapons is thirsty work.  The golem fluffy seemed to be  an exceptionally useful and at the least hard working member of the tribe, he at least tried to help with the forge maybe spearmanship would be better suited for him.

"Oh incase something tries to eat you guys, theres a fire hardened spear in the hut.  At the least you could maybe make it choke on you."  Tirrus   thought to himself that the others were a bit soft for this world, making flasks and losing them, and worrying about houses when there is things to kill.
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 06:19:38 pm »

"Now!  We shall see true growth!"

Construct additional living space with the materials gathered yesterday.

(10) You manage to make the hut large enough to fit two more people. Its not beautiful, but it works.

Craft axes and knives.

(3+5) You make two "axes" but they're so dull, they're basically hammers.

Tirrus gives a spear to fluffy, and demonstrates how to hold the spear.  "Now, this is the important part, only stab things I tell you to stab, or that are attacking us okay?  Now follow me, we shall go hunting together my stone friend."  He takes the golem with him off on a hunt towards the water hole, it's been two days since he drank and making weapons is thirsty work.  The golem fluffy seemed to be  an exceptionally useful and at the least hard working member of the tribe, he at least tried to help with the forge maybe spearmanship would be better suited for him.

"Oh incase something tries to eat you guys, theres a fire hardened spear in the hut.  At the least you could maybe make it choke on you."  Tirrus   thought to himself that the others were a bit soft for this world, making flasks and losing them, and worrying about houses when there is things to kill.

(2) You and Fluffy go hunting. You cross the steam and approach the water hole. For hours nothing makes its appearance and you decide to head back. On the way back, a cyclopes who has also been hunting, appears before you. (Cyclopes are are 15 feet tall, brown, fuzzy, and they have no head. Instead they have a single huge eye in the middle of their fuzzy chest. They don't have mouths. What they do have, is 400 pounds of pure muscle.) Bonus reaction-action granted.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12