Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Savage Lands IC: First Death!  (Read 21847 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Savage Lands IC: First Death!
« on: July 20, 2015, 05:58:42 pm »

IC Thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152067.msg6384563#msg6384563

As the dark recedes from you camp you turn to your fellow tribe members and see that they all survived another night in this harsh harsh world. The day is new and the time is ripe for you strike the earth. Under the light of day the land is less dangerous, but still can be deadly to an unsuspecting tribesman. Be wary and survive.

Your camp is but a measly hut, but it is safe from most of the dangers and the fire within keeps the chill away.

Day one
Camp Holdings:
8 Meals

Players:
Name: Hira
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Name: Eponurepos

Name:Tirrus

Name:Alex Raman

Name:  Willis

Each player must decide how they spend their day. Your hut is in glade surrounded by woods on all sides. A small stream and pond may be found to the north. Besides that, the terrain and world is completely unknown.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:34:29 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Savage Lands: A Genetics RPG IC
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 06:09:08 pm »

Gather water from the stream, and try to find food close to there.
Hira went north to the stream, to forage for food, and find water. While wary of the creatures that lurked in the forest, she continued on, to help ensure the survival of the tribe.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:49:59 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 06:18:10 pm »

Tirrus spent his day smashing stones together to make basic stone knives.  He knew that to make a spear or weapon proper it'd not do to use just his hands.
Tirrus shielded his eyes from the sun of a bright new day, the beady red orbs that he looked upon the world from disliked the light, and as such he created the most basic of mans implements a knife.  For he knew that a knife is both a tool and fang for the otherwise weaponless man.  While he worked to the rhythmic clacking of rocks he day dreamed of great weapons of war, beautifully wrought spears and shields that his tribe could use to take the night so that he may avoid the dreaded father sun and his burning rays.
Nom nom nom

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 07:00:16 pm »

Attempt to craft things out of wood, sticks, and stones. Create pretty much anything.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 07:17:08 pm »

Gather water from the stream, and try to find food close to there.
Hira went north to the stream, to forage for food, and find water. While wary of the creatures that lurked in the forest, she continued on, to help ensure the survival of the tribe.

(14)You venture north to the steam and were not immediately attacked. You find water and drink some, but have no containter to carry any back for the others
 (3+2) You find no food

Tirrus spent his day smashing stones together to make basic stone knives.  He knew that to make a spear or weapon proper it'd not do to use just his hands.
Tirrus shielded his eyes from the sun of a bright new day, the beady red orbs that he looked upon the world from disliked the light, and as such he created the most basic of mans implements a knife.  For he knew that a knife is both a tool and fang for the otherwise weaponless man.  While he worked to the rhythmic clacking of rocks he day dreamed of great weapons of war, beautifully wrought spears and shields that his tribe could use to take the night so that he may avoid the dreaded father sun and his burning rays.
(8+2) After several hours you manage to craft a rock knife.

Attempt to craft things out of wood, sticks, and stones. Create pretty much anything.

(20!+5) After several hours of literally throwing rocks and sticks into a pile, the pile shifts and forms into human shape. It seems that one of the rocks you used contained a dormant golem soul! It does not speak, but seems to be fond of you. It sticks around and joins your camp!
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 07:47:41 pm »

Hira returned to the camp, having been unsuccessful in finding food. She saw the golem and was astonished. She asked Alex, "What is this?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 07:57:58 pm »

Tirrus looks up from his work, satisfied with the blade's edge.  "Yes... what is that, I don't like it.  It'll probably crush us to death in our sleep."
Nom nom nom

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 09:38:20 pm »

Go fish.

Between one of his fishing trips, Willis regarded the golem.  "Can it help?  Another set of hands would be... useful."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 09:41:01 pm »

"Don't be silly. I'm naming it fluffy. Probably could help, though. Try to see the golem's core and the properties of items with souls in them.
10/10.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 09:42:01 pm »

"If it helps, it helps."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 10:10:39 pm »

Go fish.

Between one of his fishing trips, Willis regarded the golem.  "Can it help?  Another set of hands would be... useful."

(16+2) You go fishing with your bare hands. While this is a very silly endeavor, you actually manage to find a big fish trapped in a small pond. You punch it into submission. +5 meals.

"Don't be silly. I'm naming it fluffy. Probably could help, though. Try to see the golem's core and the properties of items with souls in them.

You hereby name the golem Fluffy.
(15) You learn that golems are fairly durable and can fuse souls. You also learn that the composition of the golem's body makes a bid difference on personality and ability. You learn that some objects can contain souls, but there is no indication if an object has a soul in it or not as you cannot determine which bit of golem is the core.

(19) Fluffy, upon hearing the word "help" went out and attempted to catch fish like he had seen Willis do. After an hour of punching the water, Fluffy collapsed and sunk to the bottom to rest. A catfish eventually came and rested on his chest. Fluffy bear hugs the catfish all the way home. By the time it gest there, it is quite dead and the middle is quite crushed, but it will still make a few good meals. (+3 meals).

Night is quickly approaching and you are forced into the camp for the evening. The hut is now cramped with the addition of Fluffy, which makes sleeping much more difficult as he neither sleeps nor is very comfortable around fire (-1 on all action rolls due to fatigue).

(14) Nothing particular happens in the night.

The sun rises and you survived one more night. What dangers and adventure will the next day bring?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 10:17:09 pm »

"Well, that's not gonna work.  Someone want to help me build a bigger shelter?  Maybe a hut for our friend here?"

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 10:23:13 pm »

Try to make a golem out of catfish bones.
10/10.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 12:36:24 am »

Try to make a canteen out of wood, or something else.
Hira started trying to craft a canteen of some sort, or another water container. She had been to the stream before, and knew there was safe drinking water there.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:38:58 am by wipeout1024 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 12:40:52 am »

"Hm."

We need more space.  How about I gather rocks, wood, and other building materials for better use tomorrow to make something nice?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12