Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Teneb's D&D Content Pack 1.2  (Read 8048 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Teneb's D&D Content Pack 1.2
« on: July 20, 2015, 06:01:23 pm »

DOWNLOAD HERE

HOW TO INSTALL: unpack the contents in your DF folder.

OPTIONAL: Modified base game

The aim of this mod is to provide a pack with creatures, basic (non-playable) entities and various interactions. Secrets, curses and entities will be grouped in their own files that can be easily deleted in case the user doesn't want them. Said additions do not replace anything already present in DF. So while the mod adds, say, a scrag (aquatic troll), it will not add regular trolls (since DF already has that, even if somewhat different from the D&D one). I tried to make it compatible with as many mods as possible, but there may arise conflicts if any vanilla DF metals are removed.

Some interactions may not work properly with non-mod creatures (for example, smite evil requires the target to have [CREATURE_CLASS:EVIL]), the classes I used are in the spoiler below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you do not want any new entities, secrets or curses, go to /raw/object/ and delete both entity_dnd.txt and interaction_dnd_class.txt.

This is not a total conversion! If you want a D&D total conversion, I suggest this

Spoiler: Version Log (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Upcoming Changelog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 12:45:49 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teneb's D&D Content Pack 1.0
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 02:37:59 pm »

First version has been released. The errorlog is clean for me, but do report anything unusual.

This includes stuff from Monster Manual 1, Player's Handbook 1 and Dungeon Master's Guide 1 (all from 3.5)

EDIT: And... there was a worldgen crash in the 1.0 version, which is now fixed.

I am also happy to report that in a 5 year worldgen, a Tarrasque killed 119 beings, compared to other megabeasts who killed only about 30 at max.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:01:17 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Teneb's D&D Content Pack 1.1
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 11:58:05 am »

well this sounds like a !!mod!!  :D
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 02:59:52 pm »

Go go Tarrasque!

I shall be checking this out!

Rhys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 06:55:26 pm »

Awesome! This will have a permanent place in my personal DF build. Thanks for publishing!

Also love the comments in the raws.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 12:34:04 pm »

I need a bit of feedback on a certain matter concerning evil creatures in the mod. As you know, D&D has tons and tons of evil monsters. Thing is, in DF creatures with [EVIL] only appear in evil regions (except for underground creatures). Should I remove the token (while keeping the creature class) to make them appear in neutral areas and thus reduce the overload of creatures in evil regions? Should I do that as an optional change, instead? Or not at all?

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 10:37:14 pm »

I think that the way evil works in D&D isn't quite the same as DF. Evil in D&D is a lot more widespread, but also has a larger spectrum than in DF. So I'd personally think that you could put a lot of the less evil creatures in neutral biomes, but perhaps make them nocturnal; and at your discretion, place some of the more fantastically evil creatures in the evil biomes.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 02:49:56 pm »

In D&D evil creatures do live in natural places not tainted by any kind of evil magic, don't they? I'd say leave the undead, monsters from lower planes, and some of the most destructive ones in evil regions. This way players who don't like reanimating biomes (like me) would be able to experience more FUN creatures.

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 11:18:30 pm »

I was playing adventure mode with your mod, and I was running through the forest when I was suddenly beset by three owlbears. As I made my escape, they got split up, but managed to converge on my location shortly. They couldn't let me get across the river, so they broke into full sprint to catch up to me. As I'm running away I look back and see three owlbears coming from three different directions, running as fast as their paws would allow. I turn back towards the river and pray, when I suddenly here a thump. I look back to see that the three owlbears collided with each other, knocking two of them unconscious and leaving the third one prone and stunned. This is great.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 04:21:15 pm »

I was playing adventure mode with your mod, and I was running through the forest when I was suddenly beset by three owlbears. As I made my escape, they got split up, but managed to converge on my location shortly. They couldn't let me get across the river, so they broke into full sprint to catch up to me. As I'm running away I look back and see three owlbears coming from three different directions, running as fast as their paws would allow. I turn back towards the river and pray, when I suddenly here a thump. I look back to see that the three owlbears collided with each other, knocking two of them unconscious and leaving the third one prone and stunned. This is great.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the mod.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 03:42:52 pm »

Added a version of DF with modded raws. It does not include any mod content, you'll have to install it over that. Monster manual 2 stuff coming very soon.

EDIT: version 1.2 released
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:50:33 pm by Teneb »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Teneb's D&D Content Pack 1.2
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 04:53:41 am »

does the modded game contain some gameplay/interaction tweaks or is it compatible with the LNP?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 01:29:03 pm »

does the modded game contain some gameplay/interaction tweaks or is it compatible with the LNP?
As long as you keep in mind that mod creatures won't have graphics, it should work fine. Just don't use the optional download I put up.

I accidentally made a certain entity playable, so until the next version, Azers and Thri-Kreen should be playable (entity is a copy of regular DF dwarves, with biome changes. I forgot to remove the token that lets you play as them. Don't expect any new mechanics aside from the different creature.).

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 01:30:30 am »

will the D&D content have no graphics in general, or only not with LNP?
i like the idea, as i love the D&D universe :)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 10:15:25 am »

will the D&D content have no graphics in general, or only not with LNP?
i like the idea, as i love the D&D universe :)
I have no skill in drawing, so no graphics by me. I highly doubt someone will offer to do graphics for this mod as it contains over 200 hundred creatures already, and that's an awful lot of work for a sprite-maker.
Pages: [1] 2