Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 217506 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 04:52:02 am »

We are so good that we jump directly from the age of cold steel to the age of breechloaders.

MOSKURG STRONK. REMOVE arstotzka.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 05:08:23 am »

The trains should probably be Expensive, using, as they do, either a lot of coal (I might count it as Ore?) or Oil, and a good bit of metal to build as well. Alternatively, I could justify it by saying that the relative costs of non-combat materiel like trains aren't your concern, the rest of the economy will sort it out. I'll sleep on it.

Gains and losses of oil and ore, due to territory, will take a little more ground gained than we have so far. Your geologists will figure out what there is to take from the ground when they can do it without being shot. I guess I'm just a "start making guns up now, sort out the rules later" kind of guy. :P

Moskurg doesn't have the muzzle-loader technology listed because nothing uses it. It would be trivial (being simpler than tech you already had) to implement if you really wanted. For now, I'll not have it clutter up the list.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 04:42:35 pm »

1911 Battle Phase

Arstotzka's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Moskurg's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1911 saw both countries introduce artillery, with the Moskurgians opting for a howitzer while the Arstotzkans built a small mortar that can be deployed easily. Both countries spent their revision phases preventing stuff from exploding.

The fighting is fiercest in the eastern plains. The sudden arrival of artillery from both sides means that soldiers in trenches are no longer as safe as they were. In many places, the no-man's land widens as soldiers retreat out of artillery range. When this happens, the superior range of Moskurg's bigger, scarier artillery gives them a decisive advantage. Arstotzkan troops depend on assaulting Moskurg artillery to make gains, but the the Moskurgians defend their trenches too well. Casualties in general are horrendous for both sides, with soldiers being killed by small fragments of artillery shells far from where the shells land. Moskurg regains their ground.

In the mountains, artillery is only effective where soldiers can be spotted. Arstotzkan soldiers favor a tactic of sneaking a small mortar crew within range of Moskurg encampments, firing several shells, and then relocating. Arstotzkan soldiers have the advantage away from encampments as well due to their rifles, and encounters between scouting parties usually go in their favor. Arstotzka gains ground.

In the west, the jungle provides good cover from artillery, enemies can't be seen from a long distance. Arstotzka's portable mortars see some use here, but the Moskurg advantage is close ambushes keeps the fighting at a stalemate.

In Moskurg, the improved trains gain 1 ore. Most noticeably, this will decrease the M1 Stallion from being Very Expensive to Expensive next year.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 04:53:55 pm »

Darn, I'd hoped that the ubiquity of our mortars compared to the relative rarity of their guns would have helped.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:16:24 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 05:50:31 pm »

Darn, I'd hoped that the ubiquity of our mortars compared to the relative rarity of their guns would have helped.
Considering it was Very Expensive this turn, their guns were straight up rare.
Confused the Stallion with their artillery.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:53:35 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 06:37:10 pm »

MOSKURG STRONK. REMOVE arstotzka.

Perhaps arstotzka should hire crybabies instead of proper SOLDIERS which MOSKURG fields.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 06:48:24 pm »

It's true. Arztotska will never succeed in killing the Moskurgians faster than they kill themselves.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2015, 06:51:54 pm »

I remember Moscraps killing themsleves much when put train oil inside cabin.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 10:06:55 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 06:54:16 pm »

They do seem to have an atachment to fire.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 06:54:42 pm »

Too bad Arstotzkans die much faster to glorious Moskurg gun than brave Moskurg sacrifice selves for country.

Also, moscraps? Arsetotzkan humor is so lowbrow they must immediately revert to crude humour rather than superior Moskurg humour based on proper wordplay.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 06:57:12 pm »

No but you seeing it is accurate because you are so stink. Wow! Biggest threat to GLORIOUS Arstotzkan trench soldiers is wind sending of worst Moskurgan stink to Arstotzka lines. Disgraceful.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 10:07:09 pm by Andres »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2015, 07:41:42 pm »

No but you seeing it is accurate because you are so stink. Wow! Biggest threat to GLORIOUS Arstotzkan trench soldiers is wind sending of worst Moskurgan stink to Arstotzka lines. Disgraceful.
Typical arstotzkian lowball who can't joke without resorting to human excretion.

Perhaps arstotzkian shit smells that bad so they believe it's the same all around.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 07:47:42 pm »

Good lord, what does OOC mean to you people?

Anyway, I'll do the 1912 battle report tonight, but it will be a few hours. Combat bonus to whichever faction has the best national anthem! One submission only per person, please.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2015, 07:53:25 pm »

What is a better place to yell banter and intentional abuse in?

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2015, 08:18:54 pm »

Regards,
Dampe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 159