Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 217577 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 08:18:58 pm »

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2015, 08:35:50 pm »

And i was thinking ofthis
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2015, 09:50:15 pm »

Anyway, I'll do the 1912 battle report tonight, but it will be a few hours. Combat bonus to whichever faction has the best national anthem! One submission only per person, please.
Maybe there can be a combat bonus to whichever country has the best fanart propaganda?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2015, 11:30:54 pm »

Oh powers I vote and go to bed and check it again next evening and each thread has like five+ new pages.

...Well, at least this game isn't going to die any time soon!
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2015, 11:51:53 pm »

Anyway, I'll do the 1912 battle report tonight, but it will be a few hours. Combat bonus to whichever faction has the best national anthem! One submission only per person, please.
Maybe there can be a combat bonus to whichever country has the best fanart propaganda?
Heh, I thought of doing that. We'll probably do flags first.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2015, 12:07:42 am »

Heh, I thought of doing that. We'll probably do flags first.
Didn't you already design the flags, though? Blue with a scimitar for Moskurg and scarlet with a gold star for Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 12:12:19 am by Andres »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2015, 12:22:34 am »

You might want to save all the bonuses until it's established we have artists on both sides personally :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2015, 12:32:25 am »

You might want to save all the bonuses until it's established we have artists on both sides personally :P
I have zero art skill but I still managed to make a comic. Paint's useful like that.

Yes I know it's short but it's the best I could come up with. I'm not sure whether the anthems we got from Youtube counted so I made my own. Sorry for submitting two. I can get rid of this one if the Youtube one is ok.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 12:37:50 am by Andres »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2015, 03:11:42 am »

Didn't you already design the flags, though? Blue with a scimitar for Moskurg and scarlet with a gold star for Arstotzka.
That would be the uniforms. For all I know, Arstotzka's flag is a dead penguin hanging from a flagpole, and not even a piece of cloth.

In times of war, sacrifices must be made.

Arstotzka, Arstotzka, of shining snow
Arstotzka, Arstotzka, of biting cold
Arstotzka, the wonderful
Arstotzka, the powerful
Arstotzka, Arstotzka, with soul of gold!
Arstotzka's soldiers are inspired. Glory to Arstotzka. Arstotzkan man knows, a good anthem is one where 36.4% of words are country name.

1912 Battle Report

Arstotzka's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Moskurg's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In 1912, Arstotzka introduced some proper artillery to counter Moskurg's- on paper, the AS-1912 has very similar performance to the Bombardier. General infantry weapons improved as well, with Arstotzka finally sorting out magazines for the general troops and Moskurg improving their Horsekiller's accuracy to make it a little more practical. Also the Moskurg flamethrower program went up in... well, I'll refrain from making puns, out of the respect for the dead.

The fighting in the plains is the fiercest, as usual. Deaths outside of machinegun range increase, as both sides are becoming more effective with their general rifles, but the Arstotzkans do far better for their bolt-action, magazine rifles. AS-1912's roll into range to bombard masses of Moskurg troops. Unfortunately, when fired, many AS-1912's suffer from ruptured brass casings, jamming the old case into the weapon and sometimes requiring a full day of work to remove. The problem seems to only exist when the AS-1912 is fired outside of cold weather, but seems like the quality of the shells is a peculiarly poor design choice. The Moskurg advance is very slow, due to the ubiquity of small mortar fire threatening troops in the open field, but their artillery advantage still gives them control over the battlefield, and they gain ground. Some Moskurg soldiers see their first frost.

In the mountains, the Nosin-Magant reigns supreme. Some very skilled Moskurg officers can out-range them with their Horsekiller's large cartridges, but the typical Arstotzkan has better accuracy and can fire five times, reload, and get on target again by the time a Moskurg has fired once and locked a new cartridge in the breach. Some Moskurgians adopt a doctrine of shooting once and running away. It is a shameful time. Three times as many Stallions are used to defend mines, but the mines are frequently subject to shelling from AS-1911 mortars. This marks the second wave of deaths for Moskurg train conductors. The Moskurg gain in ore is lost.

In the jungle, artillery and machineguns which can be moved without a horse grant an advantage to Arstotzka, and the Nosin-Magant tips rifle fights in their favor. The use of the stolen sawed-off shotgun design doesn't hurt either. Arstotzka makes good headway into the jungle, and establishes small forts with wooden palisades from which they command what they can see with machineguns and mortars. Some common soldiers are seen wielding two pistols at once while assaulting the Moskurgs. It isn't very effective.

Back in the capitols, both Moskurg and Arstotzka are seeing electric lightbulbs light homes. Power generation is performed by the respective glorious government. Engineers will be issued one (1) electric lamp to light their drawing boards. Begin designing, without the fear that an oil lamp will overturn and burn all your blueprints!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2015, 03:17:00 am »

So the Stallion is back to being Very Expensive? Shouldnt the howitzer be Ver Expensive as well? Its not exactly smaller thant the Stallion.

Also, is the train conductor death due to mortar fire or another factor?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2015, 03:19:20 am »

Well, that went better than expected.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2015, 03:23:17 am »

Also, is the train conductor death due to mortar fire or another factor?
Mortar fire, this time they're being killed from outside the cabin.

The Stallion and Howitzer are, indeed, now rendered Very Expensive.

I'm also drafting up some rules to codify resource gains and the value of trains in a little notepad document, which I might post tonight.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2015, 03:33:36 am »

ptwing this

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2015, 03:45:13 am »

Interesting how Moskurgians much into self-immolating. Probably is of shame for running away in Mountains.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2015, 03:47:05 am »

Hey Sensei, I have to ask why the mortar is so beneficial in the mountains, given the risk it poses of causing avalanches and encasing the Arstotzkans in ice.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 159