Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 217587 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #285 on: July 28, 2015, 12:29:23 am »

It's fine, but consider using more punctuation and less run-on sentences.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 28, 2015, 12:29:42 am »

Yeah, yeah, it's all fun to laugh when you're rolling three sixes in a row, but NEXT TIME YOU'LL PAY, YOU'LL ALL PAY!  TIGERS SHALL DEVOUR YOU!

Moskurg, Moskurg, Moskurg STRONK,
Beauty in the face of TAONKs,
Gods may oppose us,
Hope they may grind,
But with great weapons
We desecrate shrines!

Moskurg, Moskurg, Moskurg STRONK,
In our war we can do no WRONK,
Fast as the desert sands,
Stronk-as-a tiger's love,
We shall crush our foes
With glor-ious death from above!

*a single tear falls from a Moskurg soldier's eye*
To the tune of?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 28, 2015, 03:25:08 am »

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:05:13 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 28, 2015, 03:34:00 am »

A question. You saud the extra spy moksburg got would not be replaced if it was killed. Does that mean it won't be replaced if either of them is killed, or just that spy. If the latter, they can park him in contra pretty much forever.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 28, 2015, 03:40:54 am »

A question. You saud the extra spy moksburg got would not be replaced if it was killed. Does that mean it won't be replaced if either of them is killed, or just that spy. If the latter, they can park him in contra pretty much forever.
Agent Feather Hammer will be replaced if killed. Agent Tiger Fucker will not.

1917 Battle Report

Arstotzka's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Moskurg's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This year both research teams are having a little trouble. Moskurg spent the whole year developing the Model 1 and 2 Portable Radios, which are still large and unyieldy, though this puts them ahead of Arstotzka's telegraphs and hand messengers. Arstotzka made a brilliant small petrol motor, and then put it on a motor cycle frame which leaves much to be desired. Anticipating an increase in armor on the battlefield, Arstotzka also designed armor piercing ammunition, which fits their 7.62mm rifles and machine guns.

On the plains, Moskurg slowly carts their new Model 2 Radio into the forward trenches. While it can't exactly be used by scouts, this enables more artillery to hit Arstotzkan lines with more accuracy, from further away, but this is mitigated by the rarity of radios in the trenches. Reinforcements are also better deployed. In the trenches, Moskurg soldiers warm their meals on the hot casing of the Model 2 radio. Each one is replaced weekly due to dirt, water damage, and the effects of bullets. Arstotzka's new AS-M17 motorcycle primarily sees use by messengers, and goes between trenches and rear lines. It can be faster than a horse, but quickly earns a reputation for inflicting non-battlefield casualties, despite advice from High Command that it be driven slowly. In this area the new use Arstotzkan armor-piercing ammo see some gainst SPATs. Infantry who encounter a SPAT are usually hiding behind an AS-T15, and while rounds from a Nosin can now often pierce the armor, usually these encounters are decided by fire from the two vehicle's artillery guns. Infantry are again fighting in cities, and Arstotzkan soldiers using AS-F14's and AS-MC16's fight against Moskurg soldiers with pistols, sawed-off shotguns and swords.  Arstotzkan officers soundly beat Moskurg officers with their submachine guns, but for common soldiers Moskurg has an advantage. By the skin of their teeth, Arstozka takes more ground, and winter boots step into the sand. There are a few engagements: In the open sand, Moskurg cavalry with M1 Service Rifles are very effective, and aside from the short-ranged AS-MC16, and terribly unreliable motorbike machine guns, Arstotzka lacks a mobile automatic weapon. The Struunk I's armor is not difficult to pierce, but it moves well in the desert, and multiple AS-T15s are killed with machine gun fire from Struunks. Struunk pilot Husayn the Lion personally records three AS-T15 kills, and is named Moskurg's first Ace. Arstotzka will gain not an inch past where they can dig trenches, in their current state. (Astotzka 4/4) If Arstotzka holds the plains next turn they will gain access to these resources.

In the mountains, neither side gains ground. They have been at a stalemate for a while now. The Nosin, AS-F14, M1 Service Rifle and Brumby are the most common weapons, along with the AS-1911 mortar. Both sides have become relatively defensive and there are fewer casualties here than last year. (Arstotzka 2/4, Moskurg 2/4)

In the jungle, Arstotzka cuts roads for the deployment of their motorcycles, but they only penetrate halway into the jungle. Fighting occurs on roads only accessible by vehicles from the desert, and in the thick jungle. Moskurg's radios are kept in tents, but still sometimes fail from the humidity. Arstotzkan incursions into Moskurg controlled jungle are more often threatened by Bombardiers now, but the need for target coordinates to be sent from a camp and the inaccuracy of the Bombardier are limiting factors. Most fighting occurs at mid or close range between Arstotzkan scouts, Moskurg scouts and camps, and tigers. Encounters between patrols have Arstotzka with the advantage of the AS-MC16, and the AS-F14 when it works, but the Brumby is very effective as well. Moskurg patrols have taken to waiting at roads and clearings, where they can have a little more distance to mitigate the value of their enemies' submachine gun. A Struunk on the road is effectively a mobile machine gun nest, with dubious cover that at least stops 9mm bullets. Man for man a Struunk crew can out-gun Arstotzkan scouts, but Struunks are not plentiful. Sometimes Arstotzkans fell a tree to block the road, then hide and fire on a Struunk that stops. The close quarters of the roads do Moskurg's vehicle no favors, many are lost. Moskurg holds their ground, but barely. (Arstotzka 3/4, Moskurg 1/4).

Secret stuff happened. Note that all espionage now happens at the same time the battle report is compiled, instead of during the year. Sabotage will typically affect that year's production of equipment rather than permanently affect the designs. Typically.

Attention!
A small cadre of German engineers has defected from Germany, complaining that German command refuses to implement their ideas and will probably lose the war. They are considering Forenia as an out-of-the-way place to gain asylum. Produce your best piece of propaganda to encourage them to join you, and earn one Design Credit. And possibly Germany's ire.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 02:40:51 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 28, 2015, 04:09:51 am »

You gave radios to the wrong side and didn't give us our AP bullets
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 28, 2015, 04:16:48 am »

Moskurg is slowly carting their radios into the tents and trenches and Nosins are now quite handily capable of punching through the armor on a Struunk or SPAT at mid/close range. I'm pretty sure I got that right.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 28, 2015, 04:19:44 am »

he means in the tech list at the beginnng of the report. ( the ones in spoilers)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 28, 2015, 04:28:37 am »

BTW, did we capture any radios? Those look like hard to evacuate from advancing force.

Same goes for relatively intact SPATs and Stuunks
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 28, 2015, 04:35:19 am »

Their radio's have the tendency to fail if you look at them angrily. I mean, they're replacing them weakly. I'm pretty sure the mere tremble of our tanks approaching is enough to break them.

Edit : On a side note, what does their ace do. Is it just a target for us?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:40:29 am by 10ebbor10 »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2015, 04:50:28 am »

I amended the radio to be on the correct team. Sneaky radio defectors will not escape. I also amended a type in the Arstotzkan Patient attribute, which referred to them as Moskurg soldiers.  :-[

The Moskurg Ace doesn't really do anything in terms of actual rules. Not yet, at least. We'll be following his exploits though.

Arstotzkan soldiers captured some enormous ovens full of dim light bulbs, which failed after a single borscht spill. They were deemed useless, and an example of how Moskurg engineers are too incompetent to even build a reliable oven.

Also, I updated the OP of all three threads, with current rules in the OOC and some character stuff in the nation threads.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2015, 05:32:01 am »

Hold on, I've just noticed. How is the Arstotzkan field gun actually helping with their artillery when it's designed as a direct fire gun.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2015, 05:36:35 am »

Hold on, I've just noticed. How is the Arstotzkan field gun actually helping with their artillery when it's designed as a direct fire gun.
Direct fire doesn't mean it's useless as Artillery. It's not great at eliminating fortresses or deep shelters, but you have none of those.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2015, 06:47:39 am »

I find it fairly amusing that Arstotzka chose one of our rejected designs for their design phase.

Less amusing that they are winning anyway.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2015, 06:48:52 am »

I find it fairly amusing that Arstotzka chose one of our rejected designs for their design phase.

Less amusing that they are winning anyway.
Which one?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 159