Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220542 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1245 on: August 15, 2015, 05:44:07 am »

i object on the first due to the nature of propellant and the effects its fumes cause when spilled

and on the latter we'd need a rewording, signing it implies arstotzkans are in any way human

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 15, 2015, 05:46:10 am »

i object on the first due to the nature of propellant and the effects its fumes cause when spilled

and on the latter we'd need a rewording, signing it implies arstotzkans are in any way human

Hardy har har.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 15, 2015, 05:52:51 am »

I have this slightly broader agreement.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 15, 2015, 05:54:25 am »

I have this slightly broader agreement.

-1, too restrictive. I like mine better
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 15, 2015, 06:01:49 am »

Yours is completely useless.

>Ban any gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent designed to kill any soldier/civilians used on it
Does not actually ban any poison gas

>Ban any weapon that utilizes deadly natural or engineered diseases to kill soldier/civilians
Does not actually ban any biological weaponry

>Ban any radioactive "dirty" bombs designed to spread radioactive contamination over a wide area
Does not actually ban any dirty bombs.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 15, 2015, 06:03:19 am »

>Ban any gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent designed to kill any soldier/civilians used on it

>Ban any weapon that utilizes deadly natural or engineered diseases to kill soldier/civilians

>Ban any radioactive "dirty" bombs designed to spread radioactive contamination over a wide area

Oh, and how does it not ban what is says it doesn't ban?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 15, 2015, 06:05:34 am »

Oh, and how does it not ban what is says it doesn't ban?
Methinks ebbor is showing the stereotypical lawyery-specificity clause here, bluntly exemplified by the adjective before the noun being a limitation towards the scope of the effect, when the effect should be general and explicit.

Which is why the law has a ton of those adjectives instead of few generalized words to cover everything. :3

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 15, 2015, 06:06:39 am »

Because you insist on utilizing kill. Poison gasses rarely kill, they maim horribly, which is exactly why they were banned. Same for biological weaponry. Hell, Mustard gas would be fine under your definition.

The problem for the dirty bomb is that you insist on saying large area. The very nature of radioactive material means it's only effective in high concentrations, and thus would be a localized, area denial weapon rather than spreading it out over a small area.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 15, 2015, 06:08:46 am »

Because you insist on utilizing kill. Poison gasses rarely kill, they maim horribly, which is exactly why they were banned. Same for biological weaponry. Hell, Mustard gas would be fine under your definition.

The problem for the dirty bomb is that you insist on saying large area. The very nature of radioactive material means it's only effective in high concentrations, and thus would be a localized, area denial weapon rather than spreading it out over a small area.

Huh, to your first point I actually didn't know that, will mod that. As for the second, so it's a wording issue, I can fix that as well.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 15, 2015, 06:10:47 am »

>Ban the usage of any gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans accidentally, mistakenly, or intentionally
>Ban the usage of any weapon that utilizes harm natural or engineered diseases that can directly harm humans on humans accidentally, mistakenly, or intentionally
>Ban the usage or production of any radioactive weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area
>Ban any mistreatment/excessive interrogation of prisoners. All prisoners should have access to a basic cot, three meals a day, and at least the illusion of privacy, and should not be interrogated using methods such as drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other method designed to force prisoners to give up information against their will that could be classified as inhumane
>Ban the use of immature animals and/or humans (babies, puppies, kittens, etc.) in battle
I've edited this proposed suggestion.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 15, 2015, 06:13:16 am »

>Ban the usage of any gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans accidentally, mistakenly, or intentionally
>Ban the usage of any weapon that utilizes harm natural or engineered diseases that can directly harm humans on humans accidentally, mistakenly, or intentionally
>Ban the usage or production of any radioactive weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area
>Ban any mistreatment/excessive interrogation of prisoners. All prisoners should have access to a basic cot, three meals a day, and at least the illusion of privacy, and should not be interrogated using methods such as drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other method designed to force prisoners to give up information against their will that could be classified as inhumane
>Ban the use of immature animals and/or humans (babies, puppies, kittens, etc.) in battle

Glory to Arstotzka.

Ah, much better wording of what I was going for! Thanks Andre!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 15, 2015, 06:14:18 am »

this literally bans kerosene

a random plane crashes, someone is nearby, somebody breathes the fumes, the treaty is fucked sideways

seriously though that provision is unenforceable unless we're going back to swords

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 15, 2015, 06:15:44 am »

this literally bans kerosene

a random plane crashes, someone is nearby, somebody breathes the fumes, the treaty is fucked sideways

seriously though that provision is unenforceable unless we're going back to swords

Ok then, how would you word a provision banning things like mustard gas and Sarin in general?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 15, 2015, 06:16:27 am »

cut out the accidentally and mistakenly part?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 15, 2015, 06:19:12 am »

Ah, make it banning intentional use. I can get behind it.

Updated:

>Ban the usage of any gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans intentionally
>Ban the usage of any weapon that utilizes harm natural or engineered diseases that can directly harm humans on humans intentionally
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 159