Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 219323 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1290 on: August 15, 2015, 01:24:01 pm »

We just Designed Sexy Nurse Costume in 1909.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 15, 2015, 01:25:14 pm »

I'm under the impression that HEAT involve a metal layer inside the shaped charge to punch through the armor.
Yes, and their APHE is described as a round where the armor penetrating part is propelled into the armor by an explosive in the back.

Disadvantages: Rewards Arstotzka for being salty about a game (Speaking up is fine. Several pages of whining about it is not)
Well, except it doesn't reward us. Rewarding us would mean taking your fancy toy away.

given that there's only able to be arguements for either options A or B
For reasons that should be abundantly clear, I will deliberaty ignore that.

My proposal is an agreeable compromise for all.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 15, 2015, 01:27:35 pm »

No, option C is only agreeable for Arstotzka. I say there'd be no support for it among Moskurg's players.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 15, 2015, 01:30:34 pm »

Yeah, because it doesn't give you any further bonus. It just basically change the name of the round from APHE to HEAT.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1294 on: August 15, 2015, 01:31:34 pm »

No, option C is only agreeable for Arstotzka. I say there'd be no support for it among Moskurg's players.
Understandable, considering that most (at least those being vocal) of your players want to win at all cost, even if it means basically cheating.

You see, we're roleplaying, you're rollplaying.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 15, 2015, 01:32:18 pm »

You see, we're saltplaying, you're rollplaying.

fixed that for you

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 15, 2015, 01:33:03 pm »

Yeah Kot, no need to be antagonistic.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 15, 2015, 01:38:23 pm »

Just retcon the Rhino and Hippo to have enough HE charge to damage the dashed tanks.

I'm really, really fed up with the call for revenge from a couple of Arstotzkans. Is it a proper response/solution for an admin oversight?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 15, 2015, 01:39:54 pm »

What revenge?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1299 on: August 15, 2015, 01:41:10 pm »

I am as antagonistic as they are, I mean come on, they're vaguely insulting us all the time (Also, threats of dust devils/ice giants, even after Sensei agreed that this is indeed unrealistic), like, even right now, just because they don't like us calling out on their magic weapons.

Just retcon the Rhino and Hippo to have enough HE charge to damage the dashed tanks.
~5,5 cm HE enough to damage medium armor? Yeah, no, that's not going to happen.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 15, 2015, 01:47:24 pm »

What revenge?
Option C is basically equivalent to retconning one revise phase away from us. All because of GM oversight.

I am as antagonistic as they are, I mean come on, they're vaguely insulting us all the time (Also, threats of dust devils/ice giants, even after Sensei agreed that this is indeed unrealistic), like, even right now, just because they don't like us calling out on their magic weapons.

~5,5 cm HE enough to damage medium armor? Yeah, no, that's not going to happen.
Your side and rear armor is always said to be light or paper-thin. In this sense HE should be enough to pop open a few rivets.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 15, 2015, 01:48:15 pm »

Why? It would leave your gun's performance exactly as they are now.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1302 on: August 15, 2015, 01:50:17 pm »

Your side and rear armor is always said to be light or paper-thin. In this sense HE should be enough to pop open a few rivets.
T-25 is medium all-around. Yeah, ~5,5 cm of HE isin't going to pop that open.
EDIT:
I am going, don't expect to hear from me in next few hours, the damn thunderstorms drive me crazy.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:52:55 pm by Kot »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 15, 2015, 01:54:30 pm »

Option C is basically equivalent to retconning one revise phase away from us. All because of GM oversight.

Not really. It takes this round, which in game means this :

-Armor-Piercing High Explosive (APHE): Armor-piercing shells, with explosives in the rear. The explosives detonate on impact, adding force to the round. Available for tank guns, and bombardiers.

But in real life means this

An armor piercing shell, filled with explosives which detonate on a fuze inside the shell, thus greatly amplifying the damage.

to HEAT.

Clearly, the description and functioning of the round as it's in game (ie, increasing penetration at long range) fits much better with HEAT than with IRL APHE.

Besides, it's not exactly a GM oversight. We called it out before it happened. Saying he didn't know about it would be disingenuous.

What, no ?

Our tank is fully armored with medium armor in every direction. I have no more problems with you taking out our armored cars or tank destroyers with a shot in the back.

Yes, and I very much like to keep the Moral high ground here.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:12:53 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 15, 2015, 02:01:11 pm »

IM fine with C, as it keeps the status-quo, which has been what we are arguing this entire time, and what the GM said we were going to do from the get go.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 159