Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220525 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1470 on: August 17, 2015, 04:35:09 pm »

During the production phase, you bicker with each other, and I write the next battle report.
We also write up orders, which give us the comfortable illusion of affecting the outcome.

Ah, so it's just an intermittence sort of thing. Gotcha, thanks!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 17, 2015, 05:06:11 pm »

Okay, back onto the war treaty, here's what I have:

Proposed Arstotzka-Moskurg War Treaty:

The usage of any chemical or biological weapons designed to directly harm humans intentionally is banned
    The usage of any pathogens directed towards biological warfare, whatever the form, is banned
    The mistreatment/excessive interrogation of prisoners is banned.
    All prisoners are to be treated humanely without exception. Injured prisoners are required to be given medical care
    Deliberate attacks on civilian targets are banned without exception, and the mistreatment of civilians is strictly banned as well
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 17, 2015, 05:07:19 pm »

Okay, back onto the war treaty, here's what I have:

Proposed Arstotzka-Moskurg War Treaty:

The usage of any chemical or biological weapons designed to directly harm humans intentionally is banned
    The usage of any pathogens directed towards biological warfare, whatever the form, is banned
    The mistreatment/excessive interrogation of prisoners is banned.
    All prisoners are to be treated humanely without exception. Injured prisoners are required to be given medical care
    Deliberate attacks on civilian targets are banned without exception, and the mistreatment of civilians is strictly banned as well

Sounds good, unless anyone else wants to add anything?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 17, 2015, 05:08:59 pm »

We really need to add clarification on what is considered a civilian target. Not attacking your cities is not going to happen.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 17, 2015, 05:13:24 pm »

We really need to add clarification on what is considered a civilian target. Not attacking your cities is not going to happen.

You're still able to attack our cities and stuff, just not kill citizens that are not actually part of any branch of the Moskurg army.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: August 17, 2015, 05:13:31 pm »

My version of the treaty was pretty unambiguous. Last I checked, I ironed out all the loopholes. Why not go with it?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1476 on: August 17, 2015, 05:14:59 pm »

You just banned pretty much every explosive we have, as literally all of them (unless I'm missing something) use chemical reactions. That's right, if that goes, we're stuck with pure AP rounds in everything.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 17, 2015, 05:16:39 pm »

Anything non-military. And no, it's not going to stop any attacks on the city (That'd just be counter-productive), but it means you can't shell it indiscriminately or the like though, and essentially means both sides logistics vehicles and such for raw materials are off-limits.

@Andres: It had no provisions for the protection of civilians.

@Kot: As hilarious as that would be, no. It ust bans the sort described here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 17, 2015, 05:18:55 pm »

Reposting my treaty.
Proposed Arstotzka-Moskurg War Treaty
  • The intentional usage of any gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The intentional usage of any weapon that utilizes harmful natural or engineered diseases that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The usage or production of any weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area is prohibited
  • All prisoners must be treated humanely. They must be given at least three meals a day and a cot equivalent or better. It is prohibited to subject prisoners to actions including the usage of drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other action that could be classified as inhumane
  • The use of immature animals and/or humans (babies, puppies, kittens, etc.) in battle is prohibited

@Andres: It had no provisions for the protection of civilians.
But it was also unambiguous entirely. In my opinion, we should sign off on my treaty at minimum and then add to it with civilian stuff.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 17, 2015, 05:20:29 pm »

Anything non-military. And no, it's not going to stop any attacks on the city (That'd just be counter-productive), but it means you can't shell it indiscriminately or the like though, and essentially means both sides logistics vehicles and such for raw materials are off-limits.
Nope.

Blowing up your resource convoy's is fun.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 17, 2015, 05:24:15 pm »

Nope.

Blowing up your resource convoy's is fun.

Plus resource gathering and production are legitimate military targets, not just the factories.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 17, 2015, 05:25:50 pm »

So, Arstotzka's abstention on the treatment of civilians is because they like killing them? Well...

@Tryrar: For occupation. You can't bomb them, you can storm it with troops and redirect the output but that's it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: August 17, 2015, 05:27:17 pm »

I think that the treaty should impose arbitrary and absurd limitations, not sane ones that take after actual treaties. Why should we ban gas weapons—how will that make the game more interesting?

Personally, I think we should ban flying vehicles, so that we're forced to rely on high-tech catapults for transport.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 17, 2015, 05:28:05 pm »

I think that the treaty should impose arbitrary and absurd limitations, not sane ones that take after actual treaties. Why should we ban gas weapons—how will that make the game more interesting?

Except that nobody would agree to those :P. Things based on actual trearies are things that we as players would most likely agree to.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: August 17, 2015, 05:30:58 pm »

So, Arstotzka's abstention on the treatment of civilians is because they like killing them? Well...

@Tryrar: For occupation. You can't bomb them, you can storm it with troops and redirect the output but that's it.

Why? The ability to hammer your enemy's economy is a legitimate tactic that no military planner would ever agreee to give up. This of course does mean you can try to do the same to us, so it's fair. Unless there's some reason you want US to not be able to destroy your production?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 159