Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220540 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread is back again!
« Reply #1620 on: August 26, 2015, 11:35:05 am »

nu

* LordSlowpoke throws more salt

Honestly, what really sealed it though was when you guys didn't manage to hold the jungle. That would have at least forced us to design things to stop YOUR advance, and you'd have had comparable resources to us.

Edit: ^ oh and this. Really, there were some really odd design decisions on the Moskurg side(a .60 cal machinegun? Really?) while we generally went with things that worked and were cheaper(and thus could be fielded by more troops). I think the only really bad designs we had were our tank(and that was more because we took a gamble and the dice hated us) and our first plane(while it had the firepower, it was really a POS until we fixed it).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:38:29 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 26, 2015, 11:41:19 am »

I'd like to say that, iirc, I didn't vote for the sixty cal machine-gun because it was a ridiculous idea.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 26, 2015, 11:42:47 am »

still, didn't that machinegun work rather well?

I need to reread the thread. How did we retake the jungle when moskurg conquered it?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 26, 2015, 11:45:41 am »

It was your armoured car. We left that thing be way too effective, for way too long.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 26, 2015, 11:49:20 am »

It was your armoured car. We left that thing be way too effective, for way too long.

You know, the Struunks could have countered it if you guys simply designed an autocannon for it. Either way, it would have been a much more even battle. Gotta say though, I would have liked to see it given our AC18 was an awesome piece of equipment and was what made the armored car so damn effective..
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: August 26, 2015, 11:50:42 am »

We also had a bonus in the beginning due to more ore. Anyway, if the Moskurg side is lacking players, would you like me to switch?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 26, 2015, 11:52:52 am »

I believe that was suggested tryrar, but it was out numbered by the people who thought a .60 cal machinegun was good enough. We were also still using shitty mild steel, whilst you were using unrealistic* aluminum thanks to your extra ore.

* I've always disliked aluminum being as strong as RHS, but lighter in this game.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 26, 2015, 11:54:11 am »

You know, the Struunks could have countered it if you guys simply designed an autocannon for it. Either way, it would have been a much more even battle. Gotta say though, I would have liked to see it given our AC18 was an awesome piece of equipment and was what made the armored car so damn effective..

* Devastator remembers to check if you were one of the ones complaining about the ahistorical nature of a recoilless rifle.

You guys got away with a lot of very iffy stuff, in all honesty.  I think a lot of it got by because we didn't have people directly on the lookout to call you out on it, like what happened to us.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 26, 2015, 11:55:26 am »

I think it is same weight and as strong as RHS, or as strong as mild steel but lighter. ( basically, to achieve better effectiveness we just pile more of the stuff. or if we accept same effectiveness, we can do it at less weight).
I must admit, it does sound a bit odd.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 26, 2015, 11:57:12 am »

I'd like to remind Devastator that the RRs were never nerfed. Both sides got some surprisingly great design, and some weird mistakes (like when we didn't encode stuff)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 26, 2015, 12:01:30 pm »

They didn't get 'nerfed', but they were ineffectual from the beginning on.  Despite that, they were complained about incessantly.  Anything that was the slightest bit off on Moskurg was called out, while you guys get a free bombsight on your first try.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 26, 2015, 12:06:52 pm »

I should note that our complaints on the hippo ended when we agreed to give you free tech to make it more sensible.
Also, your recoilless rifle were quite important, I think.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 26, 2015, 12:07:30 pm »

Also, your recoilless rifle were quite important, I think.
Only in your mind.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 26, 2015, 12:09:22 pm »

C'mon people, less salt, more lead and steel.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 26, 2015, 12:10:29 pm »

How many's left on the Moskurg side? i fancy switching over.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 159