Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220427 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC
« Reply #1755 on: August 28, 2015, 07:19:58 am »

I'm saying that dirty bombs don't destroy the land, and certainly not more so than non-radioactive contamination, say by setting oil wells on fire.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 28, 2015, 07:22:30 am »

Would you vote for the treaty if it included only fission reactions?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 28, 2015, 07:29:00 am »

Would you vote for the treaty if it included only fission reactions?

No.  Arstotzka is not making any concessions.  Writing it up as fission reactions is simply to fix a clause that doesn't say what it is supposed to say.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:00:46 am by Devastator »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: August 28, 2015, 07:30:59 am »

What kind of concession are you talking about?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: August 28, 2015, 07:34:51 am »

What kind of concession are you talking about?

Resources, technology, territory, or restrictions on existing Arstotzkan weaponry.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: August 28, 2015, 07:34:51 am »

We tried to discuss the treaty for years. If you want ' concessions', perhaps ask? Also,  all the articles cover things neither side has. So not sure what kind of advantage you think we are getting.  Furthrrmore, the current iteration is the product of discussion with a couple of your guys.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 28, 2015, 07:54:32 am »

Seriously, if you're worried about nukes, and want them gone, give at least some reason to ban them.  It doesn't need to be huge.  Right now the treaty reads 'we're worried about this, so we want it banned, and in return you get nothing.  Nothing!'
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:56:19 am by Devastator »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: August 28, 2015, 08:04:05 am »

We are not getting anything useful from this. Any other moskurg want to make proposal?

So far we have ghazkull voting to have only the ban on decryption.  Evilcherry supports that, not sure of stance on other matters. Kashyyk supports the current draft.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: August 28, 2015, 08:04:26 am »

You get us not building them either, and we have more resources and a way to deliver them.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 28, 2015, 08:13:21 am »

You get us not building them either, and we have more resources and a way to deliver them.

It is possible to destroy a city and kill people perfectly well without nuclear weapons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: August 28, 2015, 08:17:37 am »

It is possible to destroy a city and kill people perfectly well without nuclear weapons.

Seriously, if there is a condition you want for you to be on board with this, would you just come out and say what exactly it is? Not that I don't think it matters at this point since a good number of Moskurg players have said yes, but more consensus is better.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1766 on: August 28, 2015, 08:26:19 am »

I'll go for this version of the treaty.

Proposed Arstotzka-Moskurg War Treaty
  • The intentional usage of any solid, gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The intentional usage of any weapon that utilizes harmful natural or engineered diseases that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The intentional usage of any weapon that causes radioactive contamination higher than background radiation such that it causes increased radiation-related health concerns is prohibited
  • The usage or production of any weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area is prohibited
  • Only the intended recipient of an encoded message is permitted to decode it

How's that?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 28, 2015, 08:34:30 am »

• The intentional usage of any solid, gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The intentional usage of any weapon that utilizes harmful natural or engineered diseases that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The intentional usage of any weapon that causes radioactive contamination higher than background radiation such that it causes increased radiation-related health concerns is prohibited
  • The usage or production of any weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area is prohibited

How's that?
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 28, 2015, 08:37:44 am »

How's that?
+1
+1
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 28, 2015, 08:42:55 am »

I just noticed,  we added a new article about radiation with more well defined wording,   but the old one is still there. Is that an oversight? Either way, as long as it is interpreted sensibly, it is not a big deal
+1
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 159