Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 217504 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC
« Reply #1890 on: September 01, 2015, 05:05:06 pm »

Seriously though, I've always thought eastern european.

Same.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: September 01, 2015, 05:09:34 pm »

Arstotzka is likely russian-ish.

edit: by the way, I want to issue a correction on my propaganda submission. The ribbon at the top was not centered and was blue, now it is fixed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:19:10 pm by andrea »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: September 01, 2015, 05:19:38 pm »

I've always thought of Arstotzkans as sounding Eastern European, and Moskurgers sounding like a mix of Middle Eastern and Greek. Char and Husayn (our aces) both sound kinda like that, so I used corruptions of cities in those areas for the place names in my propaganda.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: September 01, 2015, 05:24:14 pm »

makes sense, considering you come from the hotter side of the island.
Well , as much sense as 2 ancient tribes of russians and middle easterns on a ex british giant tiny pacific island make at any rate.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: September 01, 2015, 06:15:05 pm »

mix of Middle Eastern and Greek

uhm... okay. I'm not sure how that'd sound, but okay. I'll try to look it up. :P

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: September 01, 2015, 06:47:07 pm »

I've got a series of diary entries detailing a paratrooper landing in the jungle behind enemy lines, starting with paratrooper training. I
'll do 4 entries per post to keep it from exceeding character count.

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: September 01, 2015, 07:14:43 pm »

SStopping here to recharge brain. Whew
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1897 on: September 02, 2015, 08:50:11 am »

I'm going to work on actual new something soon, though.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 03, 2015, 03:48:04 pm »

Rip?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 03, 2015, 03:49:45 pm »

?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: September 03, 2015, 03:53:09 pm »

uh? most of the time of inactivity of this thread, we waited for Moskurg turn. Give Sensei time, he can't always post turns right after actions are posted by both sides.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 03, 2015, 04:05:40 pm »

I could've sworn two days had passed after each side finished their turns. After looking back at the dates on the posts, I was wrong. My bad.

I always forget what day of the week it is, and I thought both sides finished their turns on, like, Tuesday.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 04, 2015, 03:50:41 am »

Don't worry, I'm just being lazy/doing real life stuff. I'll update eventually. ;)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: September 06, 2015, 05:48:25 am »

Propaganda
Moskurg's excellent propaganda fliers win this contest. Moskurg gains One Design Credit. They're going to need it.

Nazi Germany
Germany, now ruled by the Nazi Party, has left the League of Nation and is beginning to re-arm, in violation of the Treaty of Versailles. Hitler is looking to Forenia, which is now internationally regarded as a source of unusual and occasionally useful weapons, as a place for weapon designs to get a head start over the rest of Europe. This year, he is looking for a general infantry rifle, and offering 1 ore for three years.

An Anonymous Contract
An intermediary seller is looking to purchase effective ship-to-ship deck guns, or machine guns. Resources to produce the weapons will be provided, in addition to one expense credit. You are discouraged from thinking too closely about the intended use for such weapons.

1933 Battle Report

This year, Arstotzka built the AS-T33 tank. It's similar to the AS-T25 design, but has Heavy front armor, an electrically operated turret, and a larger gun, and a radio as a standard feature. It's very effective, but also Very Expensive. Arstotzka also improved their RPG's rockets to fly more accurately, all rockets have twisted fins and the HEAT rockets are shaped like those which will later be invented in the rest of the world instead of being large and flat-ended. Moskurg designed the Tiger Infantry Armor, a heavy set of armor made of Manganese Steel alloy, which weighs over thirty pounds and hinders its user's movement, but includes a helmet with full face cover, upper arm and leg coverage which can stop pistol rounds, and a chest piece which can stop rifle rounds. It's Very Expensive, which means it will only be available to a few elite squads. What will likely have a bigger effect on the war is the MK-47A, Moskurg's new revision of the MK-47 built around the intermediate-sized .280 caliber round. It's a little lighter and includes a tactical rail, but the big difference is that the recoil is no longer unmanageable. It isn't select fire, though, only automatic.

In the air, Arstotzka's AS-1931-HAFB moves from Expensive to Very Expensive, due to the end of their ore contract with the Chinese. AS-DB's take up some of the slack, but the big developments this year take place on the ground.

In the rocky central desert, Arstotzka rolls towards Moskurg's capitol. Last year, Arstotzka had an advantage in armored warfare due to their tanks being less expensive and their prevalent AS-MAT26 tank destroyer. Both sides have cannons which can penetrate the other's armor at long range with a well-aimed square hit, armed with HEAT rounds. Now a good portion of Arstotzka's tanks are AS-T33's, the bigger meaner cousin of the AS-T25. In fact, in addition to their AS-T25's which are of similar quality but greater number to the T2 Breaker, Arstotzka has as many AS-T33's as Moskurg has T2 Breakers. The AS-T33's Heavy front armor can stop most hits at medium range, thanks to its aggressive sloping, and its 75mm gun can penetrate Moskurg armor from a great distance. Tank Commander Char, standing still on a ridge, has his tank destroyed because of the unexpected range of Arstotzka's new guns, but survives. Naturally, Arstotzka has a huge advantage in armored fights, although they lose a number of tanks (mostly T25's) to downwards-pointed Bumblebee guns. Moskurg cavalry and tunnel fighters adopt to MK-47A, which is lighter than the M3 Sorraia and more controllable for medium-range engagements. The few Tiger Infantry Armor suits available are assigned to bunker machine gunners and storm troopers. They are greatly effective, and the soldiers equipped with them often appear to be bulletproof heroes (until they get shot in the hand, or exposed to a 20mm AC-18). A good shot from a Nosin sniper with AP rounds will still punch through the weaker parts of the armor, sometimes including the face mask. A couple Tigers Armors are lost this way, but with careful deployment most remain in service. Officially speaking, according the Moskurg High Command, Tiger Soldiers are never killed. According to Arstotzkan high command, they are clumsy and easily dealt with. The truth is that in close quarters where sub machine guns are used, a tiger soldier was not killed this year, but a couple were in machine gun positions. Because of Moskurg's command of tunnels and bunkers, Arstozkans and their armor and supplies are regularly vexed by MK-47A armed cavalry, and infantry with Rhino Recoilless Rifles. This has a significant effect, but not enough to overcome Arstotzka's avantage in armor versus armor battles. Arstotzka gains ground. (1/4).

In the mountains, T2 breakers, SPATS, and machine gun positions are assaulted by Arstotzkan infantry with rifles (scoped for officers), light machine guns, mortars and RPG28's with new more accurate rockets and effective HEAT warheads. The new HEAT warheads have about a 50% chance of penetrating slat armor on a square hit, and more if that slat armor has already been damaged, by AS-1911 mortars for example. With Arstotzka's already significant sniper advantage, Arstotzka is able to neutralize machine gunners reliably enough that their RPG users can attack tanks, and fight the mines on an infantry level. Moskurg soldiers retreat into the mines themselves and are besieged, often unable to load trains. They do not lose control of this portion of the mountain, but the Moskurg ore supply is disrupted (Arstotzka 3/4). Failure to regain this ore will certainly end the war.

In the jungle, the new MK-47 proves very useful. While it lacks single-fire and squads still need to includes rifle and submachine gun soldiers, it fills a more flexible role than the M3 Sorraia, with the gun and its ammo both being lighter. The MK-47 can be fired accurately from standing or kneeling in bursts, although this requires good trigger discipline. It's very useful in infantry fighting around the roads, although with most troops not using the Hippo, mobile infantry assaults on armor still cannot occur. This is unfortunate for Moskurg, because the AS-T33 is far more likely to win close-range road fights with its heavy front armor and big gun, and the fact that its turret now moves almost as quickly as those on the Moskurg T2 Breaker (its heavier gun slows it somewhat) eliminates a disadvantage. The Tiger Infantry Armor is used by one squad of elite soldiers in the jungle. They move slowly compared to other soldiers, but can still run. They are very effective in close range combat, and are decent in mid-range combat where they don't use their face masks, but they are easily outmaneuvered because they are both slow and cannot easily hide in bushes. They do successfully assault some Arstotzkan forts and artillery positions. Most of the soldiers in this squad are injured multiple times, they receive rifle, pistol or SMG fire to their extremities but live to tell the tale. One receives a 7.62mmAP bullet right through the helmet. Arstotzkan soldiers recover the armor, Moskurg High Command labels the soldier as "missing". The two nations are locked into a stalemate. (2/4)

Arstotzkan Secret Agent "Fried Potato" makes a play for the plans to Moskurg's Bumblebee AT/AA gun. He crafts an identity for himself and earns a seat on a Moskurg design conference, hoping to slip into a backroom and steal the plans, or even be presented with them. Moskurg Secret Agent Kingsnake is on his trail, he captured and interrogated the man who helped Fried Potato forge his ID, but didn't learn which ID was the Arstotzkan agent exactly- only that Arstotzka was trying to plant an agent in the design conference. Consequently, he poisoned the entire conference's coffee with a powerful laxative. Fried Potato, and a number of innocent engineers, remained glued to the toilet for too long to make any attempt at stealing the Bumblebee design. However, agent Fried Potato successfully returns with a photograph of one design poster: A big sheet of paper, with the words "NUKULaR WEPON" doodled in blue crayon with an unsteady hand. The design illustrations show (Figure 1) a simple blue crayon drawing of a bomb, and an explosion made of jagged scribbled in red and yellow crayon, with little other information aside from an illustration (Figure 2) of an "ADOM", which is a Bohr-model atom consisting solely of a long red proton orbited by several blue electrons. Arstotzkan High Command cancels the construction of their secret bunker.

You may now begin the 1934 Design Phase.

Choose your actions carefully.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: September 06, 2015, 05:48:44 am »

1933 Army Status

Arstotzka's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 159