Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220521 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Epilogue: The Future of Forenia [Completed]
« Reply #2265 on: November 25, 2015, 07:14:26 pm »

on a scale of 1 to 10, sensei, how much BS heavy infantry armor is in AMURICA's future

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: November 25, 2015, 09:51:32 pm »

Similarly, I had a great deal of fun working in the Moskurg propaganda machine.

Same here. The game wouldn't have been the same without all the semi-sincere, occasionally underhanded, always heated propaganda on both sides.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: November 25, 2015, 10:02:33 pm »

Both sides propaganda was really allot of fun and made us in to more than team A and B.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: November 25, 2015, 10:39:39 pm »

on a scale of 1 to 10, sensei, how much BS heavy infantry armor is in AMURICA's future
That depends, perhaps, on the events of some future forum game. I have already given though to how the non-historical technology you guys made (mainly metal infantry armor and early assault rifles) would affect the battles and tech development of the second world war, but I don't particularly want to divulge, in case I DO continue this setting and people are inclined to base their decisions on what I say now.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: November 25, 2015, 11:47:47 pm »

Both sides propaganda was really allot of fun and made us in to more than team A and B.
It was also great fun to write! Plus, the competition was always high due to worthy opponents like iituem. He was very good,  for a moskurg.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: November 26, 2015, 12:43:16 pm »

Ah yes, the GOYRL medal, highest honour in the Arstotzkan military. :P

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: November 28, 2015, 09:39:52 pm »

So what do people think the odds of someone deciding to take the plunge and make a tvtropes page for this?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: November 28, 2015, 09:50:05 pm »

So what do people think the odds of someone deciding to take the plunge and make a tvtropes page for this?

tvtropes? What's that?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: November 28, 2015, 09:54:36 pm »

That depends, perhaps, on the events of some future forum game. I have already given though to how the non-historical technology you guys made (mainly metal infantry armor and early assault rifles) would affect the battles and tech development of the second world war, but I don't particularly want to divulge, in case I DO continue this setting and people are inclined to base their decisions on what I say now.
If you do continue this setting, I'd love to play more in it someday. And who knows, my team might actually win if another game goes off!
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: November 29, 2015, 01:22:26 am »

It's funny, I did consider the premise of a Syndicate-style twenty minutes in the future Forenia game, in which the players are the design teams of two competing corporations and you're outfitting cyborgs, but I have nowhere near enough familiarity with weapons to make such a game so.  :B
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: November 29, 2015, 06:43:38 pm »

It's funny, I did consider the premise of a Syndicate-style twenty minutes in the future Forenia game, in which the players are the design teams of two competing corporations and you're outfitting cyborgs, but I have nowhere near enough familiarity with weapons to make such a game so.  :B

Yeah, going into future tech you really need to know what you are doing.  Something someone could do is run a game set in 1939 with the players in charge of a small landlocked nation that is one of the ground zeroes for an invasion from Hell after a Salvation War-esque message occurs.  The engineers of the nation (maybe have it be switzerland?) are tasked to design the tools to beat back the legions of Hell and potentially counter invade.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2277 on: November 29, 2015, 06:59:11 pm »

We almost had something similar to that, with the joke Arms Race against Ice Giants because salt mines. I would totally dig that, and I actually think it would be much better becuase Arstotzka and Moskurg would have to work together against them, instead of this kind of a forced merging of both nations. Honestly, I could easily see Forenia breaking in half in like, few years. Maybe the Germans will get annoyed and help one side break out, because peace means no new technologies, and we will end in Tropico 5 style game where one side supports Axis, the other Allies and assorted shenanigans.

EDIT:
What about Great Martian War?
EDIT:
It's an actually cool "documentary" made for History Channel (well, that's still much better than whatever rednecks they show right now, and is actually cool, if not very historical) which is actually cool.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:06:24 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: April 23, 2016, 03:50:57 am »

Hey Kids!

Want more Arms Race?

I've started another Arms Race Game- it's here on the Spacebattles forums. This takes place on its own fictitious continent, Turbados, which may one day rival Forenia in a Spacebattles VS Bay12 war. Regardless of this, anyone who wants to play more Arms Race is welcome to join over there, and the game could use a few enthusiastic players.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This takes place on its own fictitious continent, Turbados, which may one day rival Forenia in a Spacebattles VS Bay12 war.
With Turbados starting half century behind techwise I strongly doubt that such war can be interesting. They need to do something outstanding to catch up.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 159