Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220535 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

This takes place on its own fictitious continent, Turbados, which may one day rival Forenia in a Spacebattles VS Bay12 war.
With Turbados starting half century behind techwise I strongly doubt that such war can be interesting. They need to do something outstanding to catch up.

Them being the ones with the only actual navy may make up for their deficiency in ground-based tech.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

We have a few armed cargoships...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We can spend 3-4 design actions and get all navy we need, while they start several generations behind in small arms and no cars in 1910. Unless they will be allowed to jump through generations, I expect them to have WW1 land forces and some crude navy in 1936

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh I expect them to be at forenia's level of technology at 1915 before long.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!
« Reply #2284 on: April 09, 2017, 10:40:34 pm »

A new war is beginning!

I am now preparing for a new war to start. Forenia has been attacked by foreign invaders from Cannala, a nation of dirty pirates, who shelled the capital unprovoked with powerful battleships. These Cannalans will be played by people from another forum. The game will start approximately May 1st, if everything goes to plan.

First however, we have some preparations to make. I have proposed some new rules for the game in the Arms Race Discussion Thread. Go catch up on that starting from the post I linked if you have suggestions or want to weigh in.

You may also be interested to know we have a new avenue for discussion: There is now a Discord server dedicated to the Arms Race game. Aseaheru is hosting it, and there are public chat channels as well as chat channels which are private to each faction. Aseaheru, Zanzetzukan and I are admins and can assign people to factions. There are still some bugs to work out, and of course a Discord splits up the discussion a little bit and makes it hard to read back through old discussion, so this may be a temporary arrangement. Those of you who'd rather not join the Discord can rest assured that design proposals and votes will only be tallied on the forum, so you won't be left out.

Before the war starts, you have some tasks!
United Forenia will need a flag! We are accepting new proposals immediately.

In addition to a flag, United Forenia should have a "banner" in her colors for people to use in their forum signature. This is a practice started in the War on Turbados. A banner consists of five ALT+219 █ characters in the national colors, like this:
Banner of Juraki Shogunate:
Banner of Cannala:
Code: [Select]
Banner of Juraki Shogunate: [COLOR=#ff0000]█[COLOR=#ffffff]█[COLOR=#ff0000]█[COLOR=#ffffff]█[COLOR=#ff0000]█[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Banner of Cannala: [COLOR=#000000]█[COLOR=#0000ff]█[COLOR=#b30000]█[COLOR=#ffff00]█[COLOR=#00b300]█[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Last, but not least, you may want to begin discussing now which weapons you will use in the coming war. You have access to the whole Arstotzkan and Moskurg armory, but you will want to remove redundant weapons. You may also get a bonus design before the start of the war; I am still deciding this.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: April 10, 2017, 03:13:12 am »

Oh hey, neat.
I missed the first game, obviously, but Iituem's Wands Race has gotten me very interested in the concept.

Anyway, for a Forenian flag, how about something simple like

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To whit, a combination of the constituent nation's flags. Like the Union Jack.

Which I guess would make the banner

Regarding weaponry, is there a list of the weapons the two sides had at the end?
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: April 10, 2017, 03:42:16 am »

There is indeed a list of all the weapons.

Also that flag is eye-searing. Use a lighter tone of blue whilst replacing the red with a darker shade?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: April 10, 2017, 03:54:34 am »

There is indeed a list of all the weapons.
Great.
Where?

Also that flag is eye-searing. Use a lighter tone of blue whilst replacing the red with a darker shade?
That flag is literally based on the existing flags. Although I suppose the clash of red and blue makes the colours stand out more than on the originals.
I might edit it later.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: April 10, 2017, 03:55:36 am »

Interesting.

..but I'll pass, due to getting zero input from either the last game or the current game.  And being on discord.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: April 10, 2017, 03:58:02 am »

the game won't be on the discord, it will have its thread.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: April 10, 2017, 03:58:15 am »

Discord is just for banter, not the actual game itself.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: April 10, 2017, 05:36:56 am »

Hey Sensei, can you compare Forenia to Cannala?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: April 10, 2017, 07:45:38 am »

Come now. Nationalism is outlawed in Forenia, being as it is a foolish mindset held only by primitive savages.

We must instead embrace Continentalism, the ideology of the future. Glory to Forenia (which is totally a continent)!

I made a more muted version of the combination flag;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: And a banner reflecting those colours:

Code: [Select]
[COLOR=#1F219E]█[/color][COLOR=#ffffff]█[/color][COLOR=#FFD335]█[/color][COLOR=#ffffff]█[/color][COLOR=#B73F2F]█[/color]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:31:41 am by NUKE9.13 »
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 159