Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: The Icy Heart: A Succession Game  (Read 16041 times)

PresidentEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Icy Heart: A Succession Game
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2007, 07:33:00 am »

Bravo! Gold, coal, and iron in the first year!
I left a log or two from our wagons untouched so we'd have charcoal to make coke with. Set up the wood furnace and smelter and start making some steel, because magma forges are our number one priority.
I will mod in plastic as a resource.  I will then tweak the Dwarven civ entry so that coins are only made out of plastic, and are called "credit cards".
I will make dwarves purchase things with bushels of credit cards.  It will be a mockery of both systems.
It will be stupid.  But it will be gloriously stupid.

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2007, 12:11:00 pm »

Pres, he said he's already done both of his years, he just needs to post them. No use in giving him advice. Besides, it's bad manners to tell other people what to do during their ruling terms  ;)

PresidentEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 12:12:00 pm »

Sorry! I'm kinda new to succession games   :(
I will mod in plastic as a resource.  I will then tweak the Dwarven civ entry so that coins are only made out of plastic, and are called "credit cards".
I will make dwarves purchase things with bushels of credit cards.  It will be a mockery of both systems.

Agony

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 12:33:00 pm »

Sign me up please! I smile at the names listed on the ruler list already and wonder if the fortress will even survive to come into my ownership. What a motley crew

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2007, 03:52:00 pm »

Spring: Year 2

Alright lads, Listen up! This year is going to be an eventful one I feel. We're turning this hell hole into a proper clanhold, I can see it now. We have finnally reached the molten core of the mountain as you all well know as you felt the life giving heat flow throughout our halls. Our skilled miners managed to find an openning into the molten rock without causing it to overflow, well done! As for ye first seven, I think you have well passed your test already, but, I say we stay and make this the Dwarven Hold of the North. What say ye lads?!

:D

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 04:07:00 pm »

Summer: Year 2

Well, tis the middle of summer and my work has been good and hard... What?! There be humans on the way?! By the Forge, I guess people have been talkin' about our Clan Hold enough that humans are coming to trade in this frozen wasteland. We have too many tradegoods just lying around. Okay, use one of those pieces of wood and make a bin to store it all and give the humans all those stone goods and trade with the bone ones. Maybe their leader will like me "gift". Heh

:eek: Although, the next update is kinda low. Oh we've lost a kitten to the river, but, that is it. It died when I took down the two tile bridge from the beginning. I did not think it was really worth mensioning in the IC posts.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »

Fall: Year 2

Well, The construction of those barrels and bins is goin' good lads, but, we be need'n to get a bit more efficient at the forges and carrying stuff. So, after getting an ample amount of em I shut down der production for a little while. Here they be.

I asked the trappers to see if they could make some of our dogs into dogs ready for war. They said they could only do one and I told em to make it so. I am sure ye future leaders can make better use of thise fine establishment.

Alright, I have made some changes to the enterance to make things a bit more efficient. As well as a bit more open.

Along with the enterance I ordered the lads in the stone workin' area to make us doors for all over so we can have things a bit more organized and Dwarven. Also, so that we're not as exposed anymore, always good to have multiple lines o' defense in my opinion! Bah.

--------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

Very uneventful fall in my opinion. I kind of ignored the second dwarven caravan cause it came so early, traded me some goods and then left early. So I guess I even forgot about it. Oh well. This winter will be my last update before I pass it on. I think I will do it immiedately, so, the game will be up for the next guy after my next post. I will add a few things explaining how I ran the fort a bit so it takes less time for you to learn it.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »

Well me other close friend, the other metalsmith that worked the smelter claimed a forge today. I watched 'im take quite a few things to the forge as he worked quietly. He took three malachite ores, a giant cave spider chitin, and one rhyolite block. After which he started working furiously in private on his project.

Brillant he is, but, not so much on namin, heh. I wish I had the time to create things like my two other friends, but, alas, being a leader leaves not
too much time for idle thinking. Maybe when I pass on the torch... Well, he created our second artifact named Abras Cerrol, I guess it aint that bad o' a name, heh, but, tis good to have him on me team. Seems brilliance is bred in metal smithing here. Welcome our newest Legendary Furnace Operator!

Well I had the architect build us a few bridges downstream on the river just in case one o' me dwarves gets caught in those nasty floods that happen every now and again. Just about every season now that I think about it, cept winter, bah!

I also started up some cloth production so we can have our weaver be doin somethin'! We'll be needin need clothing eventually and we need new bags now. So, I set him out collecting that spider silk that be around and he did a dern good job at it. After that I had him make us up some bags for the seeds so we dunnae need to use barrels. We still need them for ale and I have started to slowly allow food to be kept in barrels as we make more of em in the forges.

I was suprised when me men unvieled me personal room and study! They also started work on me tomb with a statue in it for me. I suggest that the next leader make himself a room as well, cause the thinkin' is hard to do when you have pounding of tables or forges. Tis good to have some time in quiet. As for the tomb, tis good to know you will be taken care of later on when I passes. I thank all the lads that did this for me.

((Don't kick me outta my room when you get a hold of the fort, hehe.))

As for me, I have a gift for ya Kylaer since it is almost time for me to retire for now. I will only be back again in a while if he dwarves say they be want'n me to lead again, but, I think that'll be some time from now. Anyways, come with me lad, I will show ye. Me mates and I have been pouring our sweat and dwarven power into this for ya and we came up with this. I hope ye like it. It is all the ores and all the bars up until pig iron and steel. You'll have to ask us to make those later on if'n ye be need'n em. You'll also need to find some more coal cause we're runnin' low for the production of lots of steel. Now, tis time for me to step down lad. Good luck on your leadership.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 05:03:00 pm »

Tarr has retired and passed leadership to Kylear.

As for Kylear, the big things I just want to tell you about is that I started making blocks for the huge amount of bridges we will need to get the humans to come with wagons. You'll see the Mason's Workshop in the middle of the main corridor. Also, the lever for flooding the underground forest\farming area is next to the river in the main hallway. The seeds are blocked by a channel and the wall blocking the other sides of the seeds should be left there IMO. The forges are a straight shot back and they have a stockpile system that keeps them refreshed on ore as long as you have dwarves carrying things.

Food production is accross the hall from the food area and I have been slowly allowing barrels so we can get the amount of items in that stockpile to a more managable level. The crafts area is above that and to the right of that is the barracks with four archery targets and bolt stockpiles. The Great Hall area is where I put a large amount of statues and turned them into statue gardens so dwarves will take breaks there. The dinning area is also a meeting hall and to the north of that there is where I put a temporary cloth production so we wouldn't waste all the spider silk.

To the south is my room and accross the river is my tomb. Outside is the trading post and a refuse pile that doesn't get used much. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I wish you good luck on whatever ventures you might have planned!   :cool:

Oh, and I got what I planned to have done, easy survival, an underground forest started, and magma forges!

Here is your file sir!

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »

RPB has been happy lately. He admired a fine Legendary Weaponsmith lately. He was pleased to see an update recently. He was worried by the lack of bins recently.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2007, 07:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RPB:
<STRONG>RPB has been happy lately. He admired a fine Legendary Weaponsmith lately. He was pleased to see an update recently. He was worried by the lack of bins recently.</STRONG>

LOL, hey we don't need that many bins yet. They are easy enough to construct with the system I have setup anyways. Especially with the Legerndary Furnace Operator. *watches the Furnace operator toss out bronze or brass* Then you have my dwarf or the weaponsmith make bins. Done. What about AN update? :P There has been.. four?

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2007, 11:53:00 pm »

I'm midway through autumn, I'll finish up tomorrow afternoon and post it (I prefer to post it all at once, instead of breaking it into chunks). This is a fine succession game indeed, both lucky and well-run.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 12:39:00 am »

Excellent to hear! I hope you are enjoying all the goodies I left for you and are making good progress on whatever you goals are. Muahaha! For the future!

PresidentEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 10:05:00 am »

Wow! I feel like an amateur compared to you guys.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 10:23:00 am »

Looks like everything is going well.  I thought I would replicate the signup list down here so we don't have to hunt through multiple pages.

Signup list:

-1.) PresidentEvil
-2.) Tarrasque
>3.) Kylaer
-4.) Gaulgath
-5.) Veroule
-6.) Short_dwarf
-7.) RPB
-8.) Metalax
-9.)Agony

"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10