Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Showing Mercy  (Read 14107 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: Showing Mercy
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 06:40:04 pm »

. . . The fame is there, they just dont reply appropriately, after killing a bandit, and getting "it was inevitable", I was able to get more buddies, and they said, (the next time I came around to talk) that I am a great hero and they are rhappy to see me (or something along those lines)
Hopefully he gets to it in the next bug-fixing phase.
But it seems like a "confirmation" issue, rather then a "real" issue . (it isnt apparent to the player that they have the fame). . .

It's interesting how it works. For my adventurers, while townsfolk may acknowledge the deed and fame has increased, having the lowest possible starting social skill/empathy level pretty much means (without the wait here workaround) recruitment is capped at two companions.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2015, 07:49:15 pm »

I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.
I might just sig this...
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 04:11:20 pm »

And nothing more, in the current version while the "world activation" was supposed to make the world more alive, unfortunately the adventurer interactions with the npc were reduced to "nothing matters", "nothing has interesting consequences" , "nothing/none care about anything".

I really hope Toady will give a closer look to that, it was far from perfect of course in past version, but in df2014 it's much much worse, it makes those npc even more artificial and so even less interesting than they were in the past.

Activating the world though was the absolutely necessary first step and was pretty much the limiter of the vast majority of adventure mode features. Yeah Toady will deal with it more in the future.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2015, 10:54:06 pm »

Agreed  Neonivek
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2015, 12:33:24 am »

I immediately stop the attack and travel away if I end up gelding someone. It's the opposite of mercy.

sigged
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2015, 12:36:16 am »

Bandits came up and surrounded me, they were just talking until their boss showed up, then they started throwing punches.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I caught the first two punches and snapped their wrists, those two passed out, the rest instantly yielded to me.

While still holding their buddies broken wrists I figured I'd turn the tables and told them to drop their weapons.

It worked, smart move, would have been smarter to not attack the tall dude packed with muscles who just stood there casually while you surrounded him, but hey.

I then kicked two of them in the ass (lower body) and removed the teeth/eyes/ears/nose/tongue of the leader before sending him on his way with another kick.

They ran.

Really cool i didn't know you could order them to drop their weapons I need to try that.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2015, 10:53:55 am »

here's a doodle of what max did to those bandits.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2015, 07:27:03 am »

Oh hey, it's Frisk! Guess he turned away from his pacifist ways.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2015, 06:53:41 pm »

Or is it [username]...? O _o
Dwarven mercy.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2015, 09:37:30 pm »

I prefer Dwarven Mercy as well, I've always wanted to run into a heavily scarred individual who keeps talking about some crazy person that gouged out his nose.
However, my tactic of Windpipe-punching doesn't leave survivors, so I just carry around the skulls of all of my victims.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2015, 05:13:14 am »

I prefer Dwarven Mercy as well, I've always wanted to run into a heavily scarred individual who keeps talking about some crazy person that gouged out his nose.
However, my tactic of Windpipe-punching doesn't leave survivors, so I just carry around the skulls of all of my victims.
I only reserve dwarven mercy for individuals who really piss me off. Death is for worthy opponents. Maiming and humiliation is for cowards or those who kill my companions.
I carry around the skulls of worthy opponents as well. As well as bone crafts.

"It's me, Urist."
Where are the ☼large adamantine daggers☼.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2015, 10:52:28 am »

Yeah, I do hope that after I perform a song I'll get more than "it was inevitable" from the audience :P

You know well it will happen

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2015, 02:07:50 pm »

here's a doodle of what max did to those bandits.
7/10, needs more beard if it's a dorf, but Leto was actually a tall/broad human with unkempt beard/moustache/hair as I recall.

Yep, he was.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2015, 02:21:57 pm »

I only reserve dwarven mercy for individuals who really piss me off. Death is for worthy opponents. Maiming and humiliation is for cowards or those who kill my companions.
I carry around the skulls of worthy opponents as well. As well as bone crafts.

"It's me, Urist."
Where are the ☼large adamantine daggers☼.

I actually prefer the opposite, killing the people I find irritating. That way I can meet and speak with people I remember. I like creating arch enemies.
Oh, and recently in my quest for power as a Sangheili, I've started cutting off the hands of mayors after replacing the lord with one of my companions. It's a way of remembering what towns I've liberated in future lives. Though one mayor messed up this tactic, so he just lost his left arm and has a massive scar on his neck.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2015, 03:06:18 pm »

Does cutting someones limbs off and blinding them so that I can use them for a punching bag count as mercy?
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4