Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Showing Mercy  (Read 14235 times)

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Showing Mercy
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2015, 01:17:14 pm »

This game is so brutal, it's like medieval gta. "What's the most fucked up thing I can think of? Let's do it!"

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2015, 05:12:57 pm »

yeah, this game is completely insane.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2015, 06:25:26 pm »

I dual wielded elves once. Whole elves.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2015, 10:12:01 pm »

I dual wielded elves once. Whole elves.
I dual-wielded the same elf (well, apparently they were different but had the same name) and another time I gave the dead queen to one of her subjects and got him to attack me with her corpse.

Meyithono translates as Lilactin, so...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2015, 04:25:06 pm »

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 04:27:49 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2015, 01:33:24 am »

And nothing more, in the current version while the "world activation" was supposed to make the world more alive, unfortunately the adventurer interactions with the npc were reduced to "nothing matters", "nothing has interesting consequences" , "nothing/none care about anything".

I really hope Toady will give a closer look to that, it was far from perfect of course in past version, but in df2014 it's much much worse, it makes those npc even more artificial and so even less interesting than they were in the past.

Activating the world though was the absolutely necessary first step and was pretty much the limiter of the vast majority of adventure mode features. Yeah Toady will deal with it more in the future.
I concur, and I also accidentally wrote a bunch of text but I can't remember who specifically i addressed it to.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tlukle

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't you think my name is odd?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2015, 09:47:08 am »

Ever since i started playing this game I would slay anyone who opposed me or die trying. I never showed mercy on anyone, until recently.

I've been thinking. If you cripple a person and then kill them, their gone, their just another part of your huge kill-list. But if you permanently scar them, then you have a story. You have a person, that you can later meet again someday, maybe by a different adventurer.

Scaring people and forcing them to yield (or yielding yourself) just seems more satisfying from that perspective.
That never worked for me they just came back and tried to ambush me even though he lacked arms legs and teeth he tried. (Sigh all for nothing)
Alone on a hill I sat and thought oh what ever today might become not.

Tlukle

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't you think my name is odd?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2015, 10:40:09 am »

I've broken the hands of a bandit, and yanked his weapons out of his hand, and I told him to yield. He did. However, when I showed up again at the same sight, he tried to attack me again.

What was funny, was that he was having a friendly conversation with me while trying to punch me. I again, broke his hands, and as he lay on the ground in pain, I just kept talking with him.

It was a good relationship.
Yeah I know that happens to me to and it is so VERY annoying
Alone on a hill I sat and thought oh what ever today might become not.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]