Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: (Neural)Chips Chapter 1: Graduation [SG]  (Read 5840 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: (Neural)Chips Chapter 1: Graduation [SG]
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2015, 02:09:44 am »

-snip-
Give the device back to her immediately, if that wasn't already clear.
What? why? It's our celebration. the little brat needs to be tortured a little. It may be the only way she'll pay attention to us for even a few minutes. she can sulk later, but or now, we're celebrating, and that includes the Annoy Little Sister Game.

no, but really, don't make a big issue of it. Just annoy her a bit. Then ignore her if she wants to be rude and text while we are all together. no sense in starting a fight on a good day.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2015, 05:50:44 pm »

((Alright so I've been like really busy lately, life's been happening. I won't talk too much about it here cause this is like my child and something I've wanted to get running for awhile. Updates should begin flowing again. Sorry for disruption of updates on one of the few games I've started that everyone seems to enjoy :) ))

While your parents talk to Nigel and Nigel greets your friends you ask Louis,"So what could non-chipped people do in the military?". He responds happily, this is his favorite subject to talk about (military things not non-chipped opritunities),"Well for starters non-chipped people are prefered for leadership positions since they can't be hacked by enemy tech. Non-chipped personel also seem to think in a much different manner than chipped ones, making them slightly more desirable for problem solving careers and the such. If I remember right you said you wanted to work on reactors, ship generators and those sorts of things right?". You nod in agreement, he continues,"Officers in those programs are majorly non-chipped since they need no security measures for implants and less screening for suspicious activity since most non-chipped are monitored heavily most of their lives as you might know.... *looks at everyone taking their seats* let's continue this after dinner". Louis takes a seat next to Roxxy and across from your little sister. You give your big sister a bear hug, scaring the day lights out of her since she wasn't paying attention,"WHAT THE BLOODY.... Oh it's you... Why'd you have to do that?". Everyone is laughing but she doesn't notice. You giggle,"Come on sis, be a bit more social. It's your annoying brother's graduation party. You might not get to see me again for awhile." She rolls her eyes and responds,"Good riddance". You didn't expect anything different from her. She begins talking to mom. You take a seat between Cassidy and Frank.

A waiter arrives and takes everyone's drink orders. You'r parents decide to order a couple appetizers; garlic bread and fried mushrooms. You have a menu infront of you that you begin flipping through looking for something that sounds good. What do you decide to order? What do you do while waiting for the food to arrive? (Talk to friends, annoy your sister, etc) (menu items are similar to pasta house, if you don't know what pasta house is then think Italian pasta restraunt, if you that's not clear enough think Italian food that isn't pizza)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2015, 06:37:48 pm »

Ooh, I know! Let's have pasta!

Manicotti and an iced tea. we'll chat with our friends, making silly jokes and stuff. also talk to mom and dad. You know, general stuff.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 03:14:05 pm »

Find some time to cleanse our hands before eating.
Max avatar size is 80x80

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 03:52:15 pm »

Find some time to cleanse our hands before eating.
1+

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2015, 01:35:45 pm »

(So I'll be at church camp for the next four days so next update will take awhile sorry :/ )

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2015, 01:50:13 pm »

(Time to get the game going again. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to appologize for delays.)

You order an iced tea and when the waiter leaves you excuse yourself to the bathroom.

You enter an ornate porcelin room. You think to yourself,"They sure went out of their way to make this place look ancient". You releave yourself and wash off your hands, never going to get that lemoney smell off now. You wipe off your hands and head back to the table.

Looks like the drinks have arrived. You take a seat and remove the citrus fruit from the lip of your glass. Cassidy giggles,"You don't like the taste?". You respond,"I don't like my drink smelling like soap". You both get a laugh out of the mildly amusing joke. You notice that Frank and Roxxy are having a nice conversation, something about one of the new videogames. You leave them be and interject in the conversation between your little sister, your older brother, and Louis. Seems like they are talking about recent military news, of which your sister knows nothing about. Cassidy and Elliot begin talking about local goings on. Your older sister and mother are talking about you but you are not interested enough to know why or what they are saying.

Nigel remarks about the new trade fleet,"I for one think that the new freight carriers were a perfect thing to add what with the food shortages happening on the inner systems. That and we will be getting much more contact with the other planets now that the new fleet will be heading through our system. We will prosper finally and maybe receive high tech equipment to ramp up food production. I hope this world becomes like Triticum (one of the major and most prosperous farming worlds and leader in farming technology production)". You jump into the conversation noting,"While it would be nice to prosper like Triticum, our planet simply doesn't have the human labor force for such farming increase. They would have to bring immigrants over on the carriers and you know how ignorant some of the people here can be, it would cause problems.". Louis adds,"While problems would be abundant if immigrants were brought in, there are people like me who would solve them. Security forces would be able to handle it and keep them from becoming too violent and volatile". Nigel and you both nod in agreement. You get the conversation back on the topic of the new fleet,"So back to the fleet, why are the defense ships armed with MAC guns? They can't possibly be expecting enemy raids this close to home could they?". Nigel begins to answer but stops as he can't think of a clear reason why. Louis is puzzled as well. Your little sister makes her one and only useful comment,"Maybe they are just for show? You know the military likes to show off it's might any way it can". Louis agrees,"She's probably right, it's the same reason security are armed with a side arm, we never use them and they only have a couple rounds loaded unless they are doing something serious. Besides that the guns are just for show, intimidate people and make them think twice about doing something stupid". Jennifer has a giant smile on her face, probably because her biggest crush just defended her. Louis continues,"With the MAC guns it might just be to intimidate the enemy, knowing that we arm our inner trade fleets heavy enough to take down flagships would be enough to keep me from making a rash a assault on the inner systems."

The food arrives and the conversation ends, the stuffed pasta on your plate looks absolutely delicious. You take a swig of tea to quench your slightly dry throat before you dig into your meal.

What do you do when you are done eating?
(The culture/tradition of this region usually has gatherings at meals stay awhile after eating to talk and socialize and let the food settle before they leave)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2015, 03:40:02 pm »

Do the whole socializing thing. See what everyone thinks of us joining the military. (I forget if we've already done that or not). Get their opinions on other suitable careers for us. Find out if the restaurant has a karaoke machine and a habit of using it. of so, do that. A lot.

(You'll only stop apologizing for slow posts when you stop making posts altogether. Every game hits bumps and snags :P of course ... this has been a tad more ... leisurely a pace than many, bt hey, some quicker games have risen and fallen in the interim. Like my own. -sob-)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2015, 03:42:28 pm »

Do the whole socializing thing. See what everyone thinks of us joining the military. (I forget if we've already done that or not). Get their opinions on other suitable careers for us. Find out if the restaurant has a karaoke machine and a habit of using it. of so, do that. A lot.

(You'll only stop apologizing for slow posts when you stop making posts altogether. Every game hits bumps and snags :P of course ... this has been a tad more ... leisurely a pace than many, bt hey, some quicker games have risen and fallen in the interim. Like my own. -sob-)
+ Plus
Max avatar size is 80x80

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2015, 06:00:36 pm »

((Ya past month was jam packed .-. And emotions and Bleh. I think I'm ok now, I have two weeks of free time so I'm going to attempt more updates on this))
(Also chapter 2 has started (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152493.0) but this game is still going too, just wanted to introduce another part of the game and keep my mind on track of the actual plot)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2015, 04:27:19 pm »

((Hopefully people join chapter 2 :p ))

Finishing your delicious stuffed pastas you set your fork down and wipe off your face with the cloth I napkin supplied by the restraunt. Looks like everyone else is done or mostly done with their meals as well.

You notice Roxxy is talking to Frank about the wonderful food, looks like he's not having as bad of luck as he had thought. Your little sister is pestering Louis with random questions trying to hear as much about him as possible, knowing Louis as someone who doesn't brag or sense pride in himself you find it funny that it takes effort to get him to talk about himself in depth.

Your sister has gone back to messaging her friends and your brother is speaking with Elliot. You wonder if this is the best time to tell everyone about what you want to do, then you remember this may be the only time you get EVERYONE together for such an ocasion.

You muster up strength to speak,"How does everyone feel about me joining the military? Does anyone think there would be a better life for me?". Everyone stops talking and Louis is the first to respond,"Well I would say it's a great opportunity for you, I know you won't find what you want on this planet but maybe out in the ranks you will". Your mother adds,"Your friend is right, this planet doesn't bare much of what you want. If joining the military is what you want to do your father and I won't stop you". Your father nods in agreement. Cassidy looks concerned but doesn't comment. Roxxy and Frank also simultaneously blurt out,"GO FOR IT". Those two seem to be goofy as ever now that Frank is out of his shell.

The shout startles your older sister,"What's going on?". Everyone looks at her and a few laugh. Your big brother fills her in,"Little bro here wants to know how people feel about him joining the military". Your big sis gives a shrug,"Hey do whatever you want, no reason any of us should stop you". She goes back to messaging her friends.

Your big brother shakes his head at her lack of attention,"You know she means well. I for one think you would do well in the military, especialy with all the crap you endured with bullies in school. Though the military will dish out a different kind of hardship I think you would do well".

Your little sister adds,"You finished school, that's more than I can say. I think you can make it through the military too".

So it's settled, no objections to you joining. Now time to release whatever tension you may have caused. You call for the waiter,"This place doesn't happen to have a karaoke machine does it?". The waiter looks puzzled but responds,"Yes we have a stage in the back with assorted arcade machines. We don't use it too often but tonight is a slow night I'm sure we can get it running for you all".

You spend the rest of the time singing and dancing and embarrassing yourselves infront of total strangers but none of you care. Louis and your little sis even go on stage and sing a song. She more or less begged him to and he saw no harm in it. His lack of enthusiasm was countered by her egging him on till he finaly broke and got into it. Quite a show.

After a couple hours of joking around and even seeing a few other customers at the restraunt embarrass themselves you all head home. It's late at night and everyone is packed in your living room talking amongst each other about the night.

For one reason or another you go to the basement to retrieve something and on your way back up you are stopped by Cassidy who had followed you down. Now seperated from the others she speaks to you in a saddened tone,"I may be the only one who doesn't want to see you off in the military but I wanted you to know that I believe you will do great things any path you choose. I beg you won't forget us. You won't forget me." She gives you a hug that slightly startles you. Your not entirly sure what you should do...
What do you do?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2015, 08:24:39 pm »

The spacing really makes things a lot easier to read now. I'll hopefully get chapter 2 at some point. Is it the same protagonist as chapter 1?
Hug her back, comfort her, and tell her we won't forget her.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2015, 09:16:27 pm »

(Our friends and family were all "huh. Whatevs, dude. Do whatchu like.")

The spacing really makes things a lot easier to read now. I'll hopefully get chapter 2 at some point. Is it the same protagonist as chapter 1?
Hug her back, comfort her, and tell her we won't forget her.
+1

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2015, 02:47:03 pm »

(Chapter 2 is a completely different side of the story but going to be very important to this side :p )
(@Ozarck- but remember she's madly in love with you and doesn't want you to ever leave. The others may have been "meh" about the whole thing but she feels like she's the only one who truly wants you to stay. If this doesn't sound logical it's probably because 1) I suck at this sort of romantic writing 2) I am horrible at writing from a girl's perspective)
(@ StrawBarrel- Spacing was Kevak's advice)

You hug her back and comfort her as best you can. This is a bit awkward for you, you knew she liked you but this much? Maybe the playful flirting was too much, playing with her heart strings. You speak softly to her,"I won't forget you, how could I forget someone like you".

From the top of the stairs you can hear someone go,"Awwwww". You look up. Roxxy and Frank are standing at the entrance to the basement watching the two of you.

Cassidy let's go and wipes the tears from her eyes. She looks back at Roxxy,"Seriously? You had to but in on this one moment?". Frank laughs and Roxxy gives an apology,"Sorry Cass, Frank and I were just wondering where James ran off to. Didn't know you two were having a moment".

You laugh and look at Frank,"Ya sure that's what you two were doing". Cassidy giggles, Frank and Roxxy blush. Roxxy responds,"Ah no, whatever you're insinuating no". Frank giggles and gives you wink.

With the tension gone Cassidy and you head back up to the living room. Seems things are winding down and it's starting to get late. Looks like you forgot to grab whatever you went for but no one remembers what you were getting.

Frank, with Roxxy on his arm, says his good bye for the night,"Well good night everybody, I'm going back to my place. Thanks for the dinner". Roxxy follows him out with a simple good bye,"Thanks James, good night everyone".

Your parents take Elliot, Louis, and Cassidy home for the night. Cassidy is the last to be dropped off as she lives the farthest away. You follow her to the door and give her a hug, a tight reassuring hug. She kisses your cheek,"Thank you for the wonderful night." She leaves into her house.

When you get back home it's late. You're not too tired, what do you do?

Pages: 1 2 [3]