Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike IV: Ghoul Tinkerer  (Read 10601 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike IV: Ghoul Tinkerer
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2015, 11:33:24 am »

Fast-forward where we win. Then get to the sooper-special surprise fight!

"No, no, no... I'm either adding the bonus fun now, or not at all. Your pick guys."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2015, 06:23:40 pm »

I vote for just fast forward
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2015, 12:41:15 am »

Eh, whatever, cool super bonus !!FUN!! Let's go!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2015, 12:44:58 am »

Fun=loot. Bonus=extra. Extra loot always gets my vote!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2015, 03:16:30 am »

More loot!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2015, 01:04:59 pm »

Chapter 10: The Descent

Turn 9

Eh, whatever, cool super bonus !!FUN!! Let's go!

"Buhahahahahaha!

*Ahem*

Well first thing I'll do then is slightly boost the wasp's movement speed so that the most distant bug will be able to reach the party in 2 turns as opposed to three... unless you retreat of course. But, so as to take that option off the table...

Four more wasps burrow out of the ground directly behind the party. They are in range to melee you guys this round! The wasps in front of you will all be able to reach Rot and Ralphina in 2 rounds!"

"Oh crap... this had better be worth it."

"Hey! Now this party is starting to heat up! Right on!"

Party Information and Bestiary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2015, 01:57:35 pm »

So yesterday I talked to Weirdsound, and due to his inability to keep his mouth shut, he told me that if we took the bonus loot option we would have more wasps appear directly behind the party. He also told me that if I even hinted about it he would make the encounter even harder. So I just remained quiet and hoped for the best. (Also, you said it would be 3 wasps yesterday, what gives?)

Shoot the rear wasps that are closest to Urist. If either survives, Urist can take it out. Otherwise, he can Move forwards a bit.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2015, 02:15:29 pm »

Urist has armour like a tank and hits like a tank. I suggest that he moves 2 squares left, then melees the wasp on his left while rot and ralphina shoot the other 2 wasps that are closest to him.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2015, 02:51:52 pm »

Proposed Actions: Urist should wack the top left wasp. Rot and Ralphina should shoot the 2 left middle wasps.

Possible Outcomes: If all 3 wasps die or live, then no wasps will get extra turns. If a mix happens, then 1 or 2 wasps could get an extra turn.
Max avatar size is 80x80

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2015, 03:08:59 pm »

My main complaint is that we don't know what the movement range of the wasp actually is. It's nowhere in the bestiary.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2015, 03:15:49 pm »

My main complaint is that we don't know what the movement range of the wasp actually is. It's nowhere in the bestiary.

They are on a seperate slide from the horses. A~nd, they got a nasty insta-kill poison;

Quote from: You-know-who
Deadly Paralytic Venom: Each time a Giant Mountain Wasp successfully inflicts poison damage on a foe, that foe randomly gains one of the following paralysis debuffs for the remainder of the battle or until healed: No Melee Attacks, No Movement, AC reduced to 0, No Ranged Attacks or Spells, No Access to Unequipped Inventory Items. A target suffering from two or more paralysis debuffs this way has an X% chance of dying due to cardiac failure each round, where X is 15 times the number of suffered paralysis effects beyond the first.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2015, 03:26:59 pm »

@Lurker: He means their movement range isn't part of the bestiary entry.

Enemy movement not being listed in bestiary entries is an artifact from the first Goofy Rougelike game, where I would fudge it as needed to keep things interesting. I'm not doing as much cheating in this game, but I think giving enemy movement range might lead to confusion, as the rules for diagonal moves are a bit complex, and I don't always remember to turn on the grid in Maptools. I'd rather just tell you what baddies are in range to do what.

That being said, if you must know, the wasps can move 6m a round now.

Don't forget that Ralphina isn't loaded, so she is incapable of both moving and shooting.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2015, 08:25:02 pm »

I don't really like ties in games, but I really want to stick to the plan I laid out unless it is impossible because of diagonal rules.
Since we're not using grenades, then at least one wasp must live. I think it is best to let the bottom one live since it is furthest from Urist and can not gain extra turns. The other 3 should be destroyed as they could potentially get more turns from dead wasps.
To do this:
Urist should kill the top wasp to get distance from the bottom wasp.
Ralphina and Rot should shoot the 2 middle giant wasps in hopes of killing them.
Spoiler: MS Paint (click to show/hide)
Note: There are actually 3 possible ways for Urist to attack the top wasp (but I don't know the rules on diagonals).
Max avatar size is 80x80

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2015, 08:28:15 pm »

I don't really like ties in games, but I really want to stick to the plan I laid out unless it is impossible because of diagonal rules.
Since we're not using grenades, then at least one wasp must live. I think it is best to let the bottom one live since it is furthest from Urist and can not gain extra turns. The other 3 should be destroyed as they could potentially get more turns from dead wasps.
To do this:
Ralphina and Rot should shoot the 2 middle giant wasps in hopes of killing them.
Note: There are actually 3 possible ways for Urist to attack the top wasp (but I don't know the rules on diagonals).
+1

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2015, 08:30:53 pm »

To do this:
+1
Also +1.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8