Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike IV: Ghoul Tinkerer  (Read 10625 times)

Tombsice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike IV: Ghoul Tinkerer
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2015, 06:49:27 am »

Urist should down one of his 190 Proof Potions so that the alcohol grants his dwarven metabolism the strength to purge the venon.
Actualy can the instakill chance even apply in this case? He would be geting healed every turn.
If not Urist could act as the tank he was got for.

I felt inspired to create some symbols for the group the dwarf belonged to so have a representation Urist.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2015, 04:43:17 pm »

Chapter 10: The Descent

Turn 10

I don't really like ties in games, but I really want to stick to the plan I laid out unless it is impossible because of diagonal rules.
Since we're not using grenades, then at least one wasp must live. I think it is best to let the bottom one live since it is furthest from Urist and can not gain extra turns. The other 3 should be destroyed as they could potentially get more turns from dead wasps.
To do this:
Urist should kill the top wasp to get distance from the bottom wasp.
Ralphina and Rot should shoot the 2 middle giant wasps in hopes of killing them.
Spoiler: MS Paint (click to show/hide)
Note: There are actually 3 possible ways for Urist to attack the top wasp (but I don't know the rules on diagonals).

"Right on! Imma squash ya bug! HiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYA!!!"

"The heroic dwarf charges forward and winds up a big swing with his morningstar... but comes up with a natural 1 on his attack roll. Just before he can reach the wasp, he slips and faceplants on the rocky mountian road..."

Urist is now prone! He suffers -2 to Movement, AC, and Attack Bonus until he spends a full round getting up, which will provoke the dreaded AoOs.

*Thud* "Not cool dice dicebrah. Not cool."

"Whelp, that sucks. But orders are orders. Guess you have to shoot the wasp that will give the one threatening Urist an extra attack now Rot!"

"...Damn. Sorry Brah."

*Thwip* *Click* *Ba-LOOOOOOOOOOOSH!*

Rot lets loose a bolt from the Revolver Bonebow, but fires well wide of his target, missing with a total roll of 10.

Ralphina loads another slug into her weapon, takes careful aim, and nails a wasp. Her attack roll just misses a natural 20, and her damage roll ends up at 17. The wasp explodes into a cloud green ichor and chitinous shrapnel!

The Middle-South of the wasps behind the party has died!
The Middle-North of the wasps behind the party will be moving twice this round!

"Ah frick.... Urist, look out!"

"While the party bickers, the wasps move in to attack!

The wasp in front of Urist attempts to burry its stinger in the dwarf, but even from his back the thrall is able to get his shield up and block.

The frenzied wasp also targets Urist, Jabbing at him twice with its stinger! Urist parries the first attack with his morningstar, but the insect's second effort is enough to plant the stinger in his neck! Urist takes 4 Damage! Urist takes 1 Poison Damage! Urist lucks out, however, and suffers the one paralysis effect that wont hinder him at all: No Ranged Attacks or Spells.

Urist Cannot use Ranged Attacks or Spells for the Duration of the Encounter
Urist is suffering 1 Paralysis Effect and has a 0% chance of lethal cardiac failure each round!

The southernmost of the wasps to your west charges at Ralphina, and attempts to sting her. The infected huntress is just barely able to avoid the attack!

The original wasps advance from the East! Next round, the two Southeasternmost wasps will be able to attack Rot or Ralphina only, and all other wasps will be in range to attack whoever they damn well please.

Party Information and Bestiary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:

---

Urist should down one of his 190 Proof Potions so that the alcohol grants his dwarven metabolism the strength to purge the venon.
Actualy can the instakill chance even apply in this case? He would be geting healed every turn.
If not Urist could act as the tank he was got for.

I felt inspired to create some symbols for the group the dwarf belonged to so have a representation Urist.

"Nah man. I don't think the sacred crunk juice can protect me from heart failure or the non-damage effects of venom... yet. I think I can take that ability with a level-up if I want later...

But thanks for the awesome picture dude! The dwarfettes will be falling all over me with a mug this handsome!"

+3 Chemistry between Tombsice and Urist!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:48:10 pm by Weirdsound »

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2015, 04:57:48 pm »

Okay, so Rot should go up 3 spaces and shoot the wasp that is up and to the left of Urist.  Ralphina should shoot the wasp that is down left of her. Urist should bludgeon the wasp to his left to death.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2015, 06:28:03 pm »

Okay, so Rot should go up 3 spaces and shoot the wasp that is up and to the left of Urist.  Ralphina should shoot the wasp that is down left of her. Urist should bludgeon the wasp to his left to death.
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2015, 06:51:14 pm »

+1
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2015, 11:01:09 pm »

Chapter 1: The Descent

Turn 11

"Fire on my signal Ralphie... MY SIGNAL!"

*sigh* "Really?"

*Thwip* *Click* *Ba-LOOOOOOOOOOOSH!*

Rot shoots one of the wasps attacking Urist, and this time the ghoul finds his mark. The wasp is hit in the thorax, and spirals to the ground releasing pheromones as it dies!

The remaining wasp on Urist will attack twice this round!

Ralphina reloads, and takes the point-blank shot at the wasp in front of her! She does not miss, and yet another wasp is reduced to icky bug gore by a slug from the huntresses' elephant gun. This one is not close enough to its allies to be handing out buffs.

"Call us Raid..."

"...cuz Rot and Ralphina kill bugs dead."

"Okay. That was pretty badass. Sweet shooting dudes!"

"Focus Urist! You have to kill that one next to you before it attacks you twice again!"

"Right! I rock this club! erm... morningstar. Waaaaaaa-CHA!"

"Urist swings. Even while prone the dwarf can generate enough power to harm the wasp through its tough exoskeleton! The bug is bludgeoned by the morningstar, shocked by the blessing of Maltar, and explodes into a shower of gore that rains down on Urist!"

"Hehe! I popped that downer like a pinata... Where is my candy?"

"The remaining wasps swoop into action! Two target Ralphina and one targets Rot!

Our hero is stung through his leather armor, but Rot's natural resistance to pain and damage ensures that he takes no real damage.

The first wasp targeting Ralphina stings her on the shoulder, inflicting four damage and sending her into a state of frenzy!"

Ralphina has entered a state of frenzy, and must attack a living creature each round if possible, until combat ends

"Must... Slaughter... All... MORTALS!"

"In the heightened state of awareness brought about by her frenzy, Ralphina is easily able to dodge the second wasp's attack."

Party Information and Bestiary:

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2015, 11:08:44 pm »

Urist, I know you can't reach the wasp in time so try this instead. Throw your sliver dagger at the wasp attacking Ralphina. I'm sure you can do it.

Now you rot, Finish off that wasp next to you with your bone revolver.

Finally Ralphina, kill the other wasp that's right next to you with your bayonet.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2015, 11:36:52 pm »

So Rot, you should watch out for Ralphina. She might kill the last bee, or even attack Urist in her state of mind.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2015, 11:50:25 pm »

So Rot, you should watch out for Ralphina. She might kill the last bee, or even attack Urist in her state of mind.

"Nah. Combat ends as soon as the last ennemy drops, and almost every debuff ends when combat does. The only way Frenzy can usually bring about friendly fire is if only non-living baddies remain... That said, frenzy or not, I'm wouldn't trust her not to kill Urist if she thought she could get away with it... I've known her for 20 years, and she has serious issues with college bro/jock types for at least that long."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2015, 11:52:10 pm »

Well then keep an eye on her, because that Urist seems helpful once he learns how to walk. She seems like she needs therapy.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2015, 11:57:02 pm »

"Eh. I doubt she will have the chance with a GM and a forum full of players watching her like a hawk. And by infected standards, Ralphie is pretty damn normal if you ask me... just a bit bigoted in some respects is all."

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2015, 12:44:49 am »

Ralphina! Slaughter that pitiful creature to Rot's right that has dared to attack you in its yellow and black insolence! How dare it sting him! You are Ralphina and it is MEAT!
Rot, lob the unholy grenade at Ralphina and the wasps please.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2015, 12:59:11 am »

Honestly, I don't think it's a good idea to waste grenades.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2015, 01:09:23 pm »

"Hey guys, can somebody break the tie? I'm going to be traveling starting tomorrow, and will likely have to use another map program while I am on the road, so it would be nice if we could wrap this battle up today."

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2015, 01:13:06 pm »

Urist, I know you can't reach the wasp in time so try this instead. Throw your sliver dagger at the wasp attacking Ralphina. I'm sure you can do it.

Now you rot, Finish off that wasp next to you with your bone revolver.

Finally Ralphina, kill the other wasp that's right next to you with your bayonet.
If Urist can't throw, then he can just stand up.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8