Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike IV: Ghoul Tinkerer  (Read 10406 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Goofy Rougelike IV: Ghoul Tinkerer
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2015, 03:37:19 am »

Voting:
Rot: Point Blank Shot Totem-Crafter
Ralphina:Tactical Maneuver
Vileus: Box-O-Junk
Direction: South/Down

---------
When Rot uses "Tinkerer" do we need to state what we're making or do we get a random item?
+1

Rot you should definitely expand your tinker abilities.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2015, 10:03:17 am »

Rot should switch to his shotgun for now. Don't want to waste the ball and socket joint we can use for the health wand.

Let's try and tinker 2 chitin plate and one hard ass leather together and see what we get.
+1 Let's make a totem.
-----
Notes for myself:
Totems: Rot may make totems, useful (and fairly valuable) components for staves and other large magical devices, out of any 3 raw material items
Grenades: Recipes Get:
Makeshift Grenade Casing x 3 - Any Solid Raw Material + Any Magical or Mechanical item
Infectious Mist Grenade - Any Grenade Casing + Any Liquid Item + Infected Tissue Sample (Free while Ralphina is around)
Frenzy Grenade - Any Grenade Casing + Two Different Living Creature Body Parts
Smart Grenade - Any Grenade Casing + Item of Magical Power + Grey Matter Body Part OR Any Computer Chip
Unholy Hand Grenade - Any Grenade Casing + Any Gold Item + Undead Body Part + Demonic Body Part
Wands: 1 Use of Designer Used!
Recipies Get:
Wand Core - Small Container + Magical or Electrical Item
Wand of Heal Undead - Wand Core + Any Wooden Item + Any Bone Item OR Any Gold Item
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2015, 12:14:50 am »

"Alright, so it looks like StrawBarrel's initial suggestion wins. I've been on the road for the past few days, but will finally be settling down tomorrow, and should find time to update the wiki, figure out a way to make pogs and keep track of battlemaps on my chromebook, and start the next battle over the weekend.

I suspect substantial updates will be a bit slow while I'm traveling, but feel free to RP with the characters or suggest minor actions between turns. For now, let me give you the contents of the Box-O-Junk, so you can start scheming new crafting ideas."

Box-O-Junk Get!
+1 Equine Skull
+1 Small Gold Ring
+1 AAA Battery
+1 Tarnished Silver Music Box
+1 Bottle of Vinegar
+1 Tiny Alloy Thermos
+1 Wood and Straw Broomstick
+1 Clearly Broken Unidentified Copper Wand (Effect Unknown, 10% Success Rate, 60% Backfire Rate)
+1 Flash Drive labeled 'paladin.ai'

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2015, 02:17:08 am »

Combine AAA Batteries with Equine Skull and with Broomstick

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2015, 03:13:47 am »

Empty out the vinegar bottle, and combine it with the batteries to get the wand core. Combine that with the horse femur and the axel, and bam! Wand of healing.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2015, 09:17:34 am »

I got more questions than suggestions here.
Is it suppose to be tin alloy thermos or tiny alloy thermos? If it is the latter, what is a tiny alloy?
Hey Rot, could you safely dissemble the broken copper wand?
Someone should play the music box and see if it works. If it is mechanical, we could use it for grenade parts.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2015, 05:49:55 pm »

"It is a tiny thermos, as in it was likely made for one of the smaller fey races. It is made out of some sort of metal alloy I can't identify without a proper lab. Mostly aluminum if I had to guess...

I think I can take the wand apart safely... but I'm not positive. I see no silver on it, so it isn't going to be attuned to the holy element, so I'd bet a catastrophic failure wouldn't be too dangerous if I screwed it up.

Let me check that music box out... Nah. It isn't working. Moron who built it actually made the internal gear assemblies out of silver, and it is too tarnished up to play. Other than that, it looks to be in good shape though. I could easily pick it apart for any project that calls for moving mechanical bits"

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2015, 06:50:20 pm »

Empty out the vinegar bottle, and combine it with the batteries to get the wand core. Combine that with the horse femur and the axel, and bam! Wand of healing.
+1
Makeshift Grenade Casing x 3 - Wasp Chitin Plate + Tarnished Silver Music Box
Infectious Mist Grenade - Any Grenade Casing + Vinegar + Infected Tissue Sample (Free while Ralphina is around)
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2015, 09:48:37 pm »

Yeah. So the internet here at the vacation house stinks. It took me three minutes to load up the 'reply' page, and I can't load imgur or the edit page on the wiki at all. I think anything mechanical will have to go on haitus until after I return from my trip. Should be back on or around the 19th.

Still feel free to RP with the characters or whatnot though if you want.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2015, 09:29:50 am »

Hey Urist, how did you get captured by Vileus?
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2015, 12:44:39 pm »

Hey Urist, how did you get captured by Vileus?

"I wasn't man. I was captured by those pointy-eared party poopers. They were planning on ripping my heart out at the top of a pyramid to feed to their gods or something, but one of their guards was greedy enough to take Vileus' money and let him sneak a few of us out of the pits..."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]