Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glory To The Digperium!  (Read 1461 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Glory To The Digperium!
« on: July 10, 2016, 01:55:05 pm »

With the latest version of LNP working for the latest version of DF, it's time for the Digperium to rise again! The starting seven have been chosen and will be further below, along with anyone else who wishes to be dorfed! We will reclaim Goldenpaged! (And I'm glad that a lot of the people have asked for fighting dwarves, we're gonna need it more than any other skill for the first year at least).

RPing as your character is encouraged!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ShankCushion: Hammerdwarf
roaringdragon2: bookkeeper, hopefully vampire
Airith: Headmistress(?) [TheImmortalRyukan]
LordBrassroast: Sigilite (broker)
The_Lord_Bastard: Axedwarf/"diplomat"
Shaggyaga: Pirate (Swordsdwarf probably)
Shiriae: Hammerdwarf/engraver/hauler
---------------------------------------
 Sad Kevin: Speardwarf
Barek: Miner/pickdwarf
Hburg: Stonemason [secretchubmayun28; reddit]
Alido: Hammerdwarf
Bloodydaft: Hammerdwarf
Urist McUrist: Potash maker
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Glory to the Digperium! FOR THE EMPRESS! AND FOR ARMOK!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:31:06 pm by speciesunkn0wn »
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Glory To The Digperium!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 06:53:23 pm »

OOC: Time to get this party started! (Also, sorry if the journal quality is crappy, I've gotten a tad rusty)
---------------

I am speciesun0wn, Primarch of the Foehammer Legion. Or, rather, I was. And I've resolved that I will be once again. The initial attempt at blocking the necromancers failed, no doubt there's a necroloving hippy worshiper somewhere along the chain of command, how else would they have known exactly where to strike? But not this time. No. This time we will prevail! I have willed my spirit toward a group of dwarves who look like they will be able to take back the fort and make it a shining example of our might. They are preparing at this time and not minding the fact I'm using their pens and papers to write this journal. If I lead them well, I'm sure the Empress and Armok will be pleased enough to give me a new body so I may become a saint and lead in a more personal role rather than leaving notes in an office. Goldenpaged will rise once more, a beacon of worship to Armok and the Empress! When we have gathered our strength enough, the necromancer tower will be attacked and made to crumble, it's foul hippy-given magic tomes will be burned and peace will be brought to this side of the land. And then we will go further, to the goblin lands and crush those and even further until we have destroyed all the hippies, goblins, monsters and so forth and will have brought the continent under Digperium control.

It's almost time for the wagon to leave, I will be traveling with them to help guide them along the best routes and as well as where they should go in order to get inside the fortress.

---------

Sometime in Felsite

They parked the wagon above the fortress, close to the farms. Armok, this place is a mess. Nigh everything that was light enough to easily move has been strewn about the surface! Damn hippies have told their creatures to desecrate our halls and our dead! I don't want to know how they managed to get the bodies of our fallen outside. But oddly enough, no sign of the undead that assaulted us. Shankcushion, The_Lord_Bastard, Shaggyaga, and Shiriae all have put on their armor and grabbed their weapons before heading toward a fortification I advised they remove due to it being weakened by cracks. They begin exploring the silent halls of the fortress with no sign of any blasphemous hippy creation. Not even down in the mines! Very odd. The front bridge was blocking the entrance and I don't think the undead were able to move through fortifications. Perhaps the hippies told their animals to tear apart the undead inside and drag the parts out for the necromancers to resurrect again just as arms, heads, and torsos and things? Well, we had best not look down upon this blessing!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sometime midsummer

We got migrants faster than I expected. That's good. More hands to help clean up the desecration and work at the places the initial people aren't good at. I had two of them join the Foehammer chapter at Goldenpaged which Shankcushion was leading in my stead. Shiriae was helping him as both are equals in terms of their skills. They wished to be part of my Legion, it's a lonely, hard job, so they'd best not complain for too much longer about not being able to socialize. They have the rest of their battle-beards after all!

With those migrants came a very pissed off human. He must have merely had a 'problem' with my Legion though, because he didn't attack the migrants. Shiriae made short work of him, breaking his grip on his axe with a mighty swing of her silver hammer and blocking every blow either with her buckler, the haft of her hammer, or angling her body so it glances off her armor. Then Shankcushion joined her and the two of them chased the quickly screaming human around the fortress' upper lands. They chased the human to exhaustion and laid into him where Shankcushion got the kill by sending the human's brain through his skull.

Around fall

More migrants came in the next season. I put the one with the most discipline into the speardwarf squad that Sad Kevin leads.

Then a creature that most every fort fears, a most foul hippy creation. A werebeast. We received a weremongoose, I sent the hammerdwarves and the speardwarves to drive it off and a trader who migrated in with the last wave somehow got involved. The poor bastard didn't stand a chance once the weremongoose got him. The hammerdwarves bruise, dented, cracked, chipped, and fractured the weremongoose's bones, but sadly Alido was bit severely and Bloodydaft was killed on the battlefield soon after the weremongoose was struck down. Anyone reading this may have noticed that I never mentioned the speardwarves. That's for good reason. The twits never showed up to fight the weremongoose! They had what they needed for the most part, but never attacked. A non-combat trained trader did more than they did. I watched as the civilian dwarves brought Alido and the trader to the hospital and set up plans for fortifications to be built around the beds in order to kill the werebeasts that may transform from them. Alido died quickly after transforming for some odd reason while the trader stayed alive.

A caravan came, but with no liaison for some unknown reason. The dwarves traded the mugs that were produced by the original dwarves of Goldenpaged for some booze, bronze gauntlets, some bolts, and a steel spear.

Winter

I drew plans for Digperium Guard training facilities and the dwarves have begun digging them out. Aside from the trader turning every now and then, there's nothing else of note. Aside from all the ghosts and coffins we're making.

-------------------------------------------

OOC: Yeah, not the best I've done. There isn't really too much to do atm. Lots of cleaning up by Armok. I've had to disable hauling on a good many dwarves in order to make them actually do stuff. Especially Airith. She refused to smooth the walls and floor of what will be a 'dining tomb' otherwise. Oh, and screw the children. >> They've clogged up the coffins of all the ghosts and dwarves who are actually worth something. Of the 90+ dead things on the map, 70+ of those are dwarves of the Digperium. XD So yeah, lots of coffins. There's gonna be a zig-zaggy stairwell catacomb thingy in order to hold all the coffins...

Oh, can anyone help me with making all my civilian dwarves wear shields and crossbows/quivers-of-bolts? I don't understand uniforms. :/
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.