Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 91367 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1925 Revision
« Reply #870 on: August 04, 2015, 10:17:48 pm »

In all honesty, I think this was more a theoretical/prototype to the rifle we'll eventually be using. Give it to special assault units where accuracy isn't too important, but otherwise leave it at home.
At least it looks more like an M14 rather than a whatever-47. No worries, we can tell our soldiers to use single fire at intermediate range and keep full auto only for desperate situations. Just like they have been using the Model 1 for, but at least they can cycle faster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 04, 2015, 11:03:07 pm »

That's... actually pretty decent now that I think about it.

Anyway, you guys make sure Sensei is ontop of the howitzer this turn, and I'll put a vote in for revising the fighter.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 04, 2015, 11:15:37 pm »

In my opinion, it's more like an attempt at an FG42, Germany's portable automatic rifle before they figured out intermediate rounds. It's not helped by its blowback action, but if you want assault rifle's this early it's going to cost you at least one failed attempt like that anyway. Your engineers learn.

B2 'Destroyer' 4-inch Howitzer
An inherently more powerful an accurate design than the bombardier it replaces, the Destroyer comes standard with some of the tech used on the Breaker's cannon to reduce recoil (Including a new hydro-spring system utilising oil-based lubricants if we don't already have one) with a range of roughly seven miles should completely outrange Arstotzka's artillery.
Biggest guns, moskurg stronk. Of course, if you really want to be stronk you could make a national effort gun or something, but out-ranging Arstotzkan artillery is a start.

B2 Destroyer: A big, long piece of artillery with firing 4 inch rounds. The barrel is nine feet long, for maximum muzzle velocity and accuracy. Its barrel sits on a hydro suspension mechanism, and lurches back each time the gun fires. It weighs more than a ton and can fire at great distance around 15 times a minute, when hand loaded in its locking screw breech. These rounds can be placed with pretty good consistency, for their range. Must be towed by a truck, or three can fit on a train car (but not fire from there). Costs 4 ore.

Now it is revision time.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 05, 2015, 12:39:31 am »

In my opinion, it's more like an attempt at an FG42, Germany's portable automatic rifle before they figured out intermediate rounds. It's not helped by its blowback action, but if you want assault rifle's this early it's going to cost you at least one failed attempt like that anyway. Your engineers learn.

B2 'Destroyer' 4-inch Howitzer
An inherently more powerful an accurate design than the bombardier it replaces, the Destroyer comes standard with some of the tech used on the Breaker's cannon to reduce recoil (Including a new hydro-spring system utilising oil-based lubricants if we don't already have one) with a range of roughly seven miles should completely outrange Arstotzka's artillery.
Biggest guns, moskurg stronk. Of course, if you really want to be stronk you could make a national effort gun or something, but out-ranging Arstotzkan artillery is a start.

B2 Destroyer: A big, long piece of artillery with firing 4 inch rounds. The barrel is nine feet long, for maximum muzzle velocity and accuracy. Its barrel sits on a hydro suspension mechanism, and lurches back each time the gun fires. It weighs more than a ton and can fire at great distance around 15 times a minute, when hand loaded in its locking screw breech. These rounds can be placed with pretty good consistency, for their range. Must be towed by a truck, or three can fit on a train car (but not fire from there). Costs 4 ore.

Now it is revision time.
That's pretty impressive.

Revise the Wasp to iron out its design errors, to make it more suitable to boom and zoom tactics.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1925 Revision, what do you want to revise guys?
« Reply #874 on: August 05, 2015, 12:53:05 am »

Yup, it feels like we're finally making a comeback (those Arztotskan pigs won't know what hit them)

I personally would want to improve the mk-47, but that's because I don't exactly remember what design flaws existed. Can someone remind me?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:55:20 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 05, 2015, 01:01:15 am »

Yup, it feels like we're finally making a comeback (those Arztotskan pigs won't know what hit them)

I personally would want to improve the mk-47, but that's because I don't exactly remember what design flaws existed. Can someone remind me?
The Wasp has the raw power for high speed flying, but its aerodynamics isn't up to the job. Think of a very powerful engine mounted on an An-2.

The MK-47's main flaw is not fixable without introducing a new caliber. It mainly suffers from the lack of acceptance from the army chiefs on an intermediate cartridge.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 05, 2015, 01:09:58 am »

Well, you'll have to specify things like new cartridges. The MK-47 uses the same .30 caliber rounds your Model 1 Service Rifle and, yes, the Five Shooter does- full powered rifle rounds. The blowback action was ill suited to it as well.

Anyway, it looks like you want to reinforce the Wasp better. Let's see... Random.org says 1, 5.

M3 Wasp B: Your engineers consider the flaws with the Wasp. The wooden structure in the tail, one of the big causes of instability, is deemed irreplaceable without a redesign. However, you do successfully implement landing gear which raises into the plane's wings, and lowers again. This helps somewhat.

You have gained Retractable Landing Gear.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1925 Production
« Reply #877 on: August 05, 2015, 01:25:26 am »

Small question, will the destroyer be mounted on tanks instead of the bombardier now?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 05, 2015, 01:39:11 am »

Bleh, I missed the revision phase, I wanted to vote for Flack Shells and Explosive bullets. Oh well, there's always next turn.

Small question, will the destroyer be mounted on tanks instead of the bombardier now?
You mean the SPAT, right? Our tanks don't mount bombardiers.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 05, 2015, 01:40:11 am »

Bleh, I missed the revision phase, I wanted to vote for Flack Shells and Explosive bullets. Oh well, there's always next turn.

Our T1s do I think.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 05, 2015, 01:50:02 am »

Our T1s do I think.
Our T1 mounts a short version of the bombardier. The breaker gun can see some use as a Tank destroyer, but as a platform the T1 (and the SPAT) is horribly obsolete.

Well, you'll have to specify things like new cartridges. The MK-47 uses the same .30 caliber rounds your Model 1 Service Rifle and, yes, the Five Shooter does- full powered rifle rounds. The blowback action was ill suited to it as well.

Anyway, it looks like you want to reinforce the Wasp better. Let's see... Random.org says 1, 5.

M3 Wasp B: Your engineers consider the flaws with the Wasp. The wooden structure in the tail, one of the big causes of instability, is deemed irreplaceable without a redesign. However, you do successfully implement landing gear which raises into the plane's wings, and lowers again. This helps somewhat.

You have gained Retractable Landing Gear.
We have excuse for any mistake.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:51:55 am by evilcherry »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 05, 2015, 02:20:26 am »

alright, production phase

we want most of our anti-air in the desert and make a giant air push in the jungle? how's that sound

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 05, 2015, 02:28:38 am »

alright, production phase

we want most of our anti-air in the desert and make a giant air push in the jungle? how's that sound
Also send the new assault rifles to the jungle, while shifting tanks to the desert.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 05, 2015, 02:29:19 am »

Air pushes in jungle don't work because of all the trees.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 05, 2015, 02:30:44 am »

We could make a push to rid them in the desert.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 135