Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Crux Ultimum - The Inquisition Wants YOU! (Turn 10, page 9)  (Read 15724 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Crux Ultimum - Standby (Turn 7, page 7)
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2015, 01:23:50 pm »

((I'll accept Jasper's stuff when I return from downing this chicken.))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2015, 01:26:40 am »

((I'll accept Jasper's stuff when I return from downing this chicken.))

((I read "drowning this chicken."))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2015, 02:04:17 pm »

Hey, the drunkards target was in the tavern before. I should help him out.

Stab the Drunkard in the back from stealth. (6)
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2015, 07:35:13 pm »

While it is stuck on its stomach I quietly try to find a weapon and look for somewhere to escape to.

[6] Beneath the debris, you somehow find a glowing light. It certainly wasn't there before, or you would have seen it. The only explanation is that the item was not previously glowing, but now activated just as you searched for it.
It's a sword with a strange glowing blade and an ornately carved handle with a cobalt-blue fingerguard and a brilliant emerald on the pommel.

[1] Unfortunately, there is no escape from here, not without approaching the chicken.
It falls over face-first and begins to get up. Before it charges you though, one of the tavern people hoists himself over the wall in a stunning display of agility. He is here to save you!

Rob Grey, AKA Spiderking50
Luck: 2/12
Traits:
Master of Tomes: You are able to find Words hidden in any book, so long as you roll successfully
Master of Battle: If you change a character's physical status this turn, get +2 Luck. If you don't, lose 1 Luck.
Spoiler: Dictionary (5 words) (click to show/hide)
Inventory:
Ambivalent Edge: A strange sword that sometimes becomes transparent, other times glowing. Right now it is glowing. Effects unknown.

The rumbling ends, and all is quiet, save for the faint and distant shouts of organized warfare.
Captain Wittelsbach turns his attention wholly toward you.
"So traveler, what say you? The Scarlet Inquisition seeks those with skills such as yours. There are many benefits, such as an office, generous pay, and a chance to reshape the future of Mankind."

One of the prior visitors to the office returns from the forge, smelling of rust and coal. He stands a shotgun against the wall and states that anyone can have it.
"I don't quite think I'm the one best suited to handle it. Any of you can take it," says he.

The man also drops a manual, which he claims holds hidden glyphs if you hold it at arm's length. Sounds like a great scientific opportunity! You pick it up.
Though linguistics is not your strong suit, it's pretty clear the glyphs do not resemble written Words.

Ryan Fardes, AKA H4zardZ1
Luck: 6/12
Traits:
Shrewd Negotiator: People are always willing to talk to you.
Intricate Webweaver: You can plot actions ahead of time. If you perform this action one turn later, you receive +2 Luck per action.
Non-Confrontational: Rolls targeting you gain +1 to their value. (7's become Super Overshoots)
Inventory:
Glyph Manual: Contains some unusual glyphs that don't resemble Words.
Double-Barreled Shotgun (loaded)
Candle

"Jones, It seems we may have to postpone our exploration plans."

Follows noise to Rob.

That's a big chicken, someone seems to have disturbed it. I wonder how fast it is.

"Anyone there? If so stay clear."

I wish I had a spear or a longer range weapon. I don't trust this chicken to be slow enough to easily outmaneuver.

Attacks chicken with knifebar in a princely display of combat. [3] (<-- luck) Assigns remaining luck/new found luck to avoiding getting kicked by flailing chicken feet.

You go out into the marketplace and notice lots of empty chicken cages filled with dead bodies lying around. Then, on top of one section of ruined wall, you see something odd get strangely fitting: a giant chicken, tall as a man, poised on its belly, fluttering its legs backward frantically. It tips over face-first.

Strange. These kinds of things happen regularly whenever dark magic is involved, but it would seem odd for the giant rooster to do this had there been nothing of interest on the other side of the door. In fact, the door on the wall segment was closed. All of the others in this marketplace are open.

That means... you need to stop it.

(3) vs (3): You leap up onto the wall, using the door handle as a stepping stone to grapple onto the top edge of the wall. Over the edge you see Rob cowering in a corner with a strange, shining sword. Taking the initiative, you slash at the chicken, and it deftly grabs the edge of your knifebar with its beak.

(Counterattack: 1) vs (3): It tries to pull the weapon from your hand, but your grip does not relent, although you won't be able to attack with the knifebar unless the chicken releases it.

Gained [6] Luck from attack, 2 bonus luck from defense.

Raioyris Carolean, AKA Wunderkatze
Luck: 8/12
Traits:
Princely Wisdom: Gain 1 Luck at the end of each turn if you have less than 6 Luck
Prodigial Son: Each item you buy or sell costs 1 Luck
Inventory:
Estoc: Sharp and good for stabbing, but lacks a cutting edge. (Upgrade: 2 Luck + material)
Mellowtov x4: Does not deal damage, but can ignite flammables. Can be upgraded for free with a 'fuel' item.
Throwing Knife: Shifts damage roll down for melee strikes, up for thrown attacks. (Upgrade: 1 Luck + material)
Doctor's Knife x2 (Upgrade: 1 Luck + material)
Reinforced Knifebar: Gives you +1 to persuasion when used, but may provoke combat (Upgrade: 1 Luck + material)
Almost encumbered: Adding another large weapon or heavy item to your inventory will incur a Luck cost to all actions.

Hey, the drunkards target was in the tavern before. I should help him out.

Stab the Drunkard in the back from stealth. (6)

You break stealth with a precision strike on the drunkomancer! (6) vs (1) You critically strike, severing the spine! His limp body falls to the ground.

And then... the barrel starts rolling away on its own accord!

Gained [6] Luck from attack

Varl Kantor, AKA HighEndNoob
Luck: 8/12
Traits:
xDreadcloakx: -1 Luck cost per turn for staying hidden
xDarkbladex: All stealth attack targets (including Cautious ones) roll a 1 for defense
xJokerx: Lose 2 Luck whenever you are attacked
xSinisterx: Bartering NPC's get a +1 to their dice rolls
Implements:
Bronze Knife (1 Luck + material needed to upgrade)

Isolate/Imbue/Strike on the guy's barrel of wine!

(I'm still not sure about how this spell system works :p This is right, right?)

Somehow, the man's wine barrel seems to be rolling around on its own accord, making maneuvers that cannot possibly be attributed to random motion.

You speak the words and pat the barrel with your hand. [5] It starts bouncing around uncontrollably, tumbling around on rocks and slamming into the tavern wall once before falling apart and spilling its blood-red wine all over the ground. Except that it isn't wine. A smell still lingers in the air, one you recognize immediately.

The bald man on the pillar seems to have disappeared from the top of the plateau.

Desiccatus Morbid, AKA Cheesecake
Luck: 6/12
Traits:
Elusive: When an NPC has never seen you, his Alertness to you is reduced by 1
Creative: Performing an action using medical equipment gives +2 Luck
Reclusive: Actions targeting other people cost 2 Luck, unless *ahem* something else is speaking for you (money, a knife, etc).
Spoiler: Dictionary (5 words) (click to show/hide)
5 Entropy: Nearby metal gets warm
Burnt/Doused Bottom: A rather awkward injury. Dodging attacks will cost 1 Luck if it requires you to move your whole body
Sprained Foot: Running away incurs a -1 to the die (cannot roll 6's anymore)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:47:04 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Crux Ultimum - Standby (Turn 8, page 8)
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2015, 08:32:00 pm »

"Hey you there! Help!" I shout to the hero.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2015, 10:01:05 pm »

Smiles, "Of course,"

I'm not too familiar with chicken anatomy but perhaps I can inflict damage with a random stab.

Stab chicken with Estoc [4]. Assign rest of luck to defense.

For a prince it is always import to lean towards a strong defense until he can adapt to the patterns and movements of his foe.

"This chicken is far more agile than I had hoped. If you see an opening perhaps you could lend me a hand."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:01:01 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2015, 05:40:35 am »

Assist in the slaying of the chicken. Use my new sword. (my entropy still hasn't gone down on my sheet).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2015, 03:47:31 pm »

(my entropy still hasn't gone down on my sheet).

((Thanks, I made that change in the forum post but not in my text files.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2015, 02:21:39 am »

"What is this weird glyph?"
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2015, 03:33:59 am »

"What is this weird glyph?"

One of the paladins answers.
"That man over there," he points at the smith. "He brought it in. Talk to Fred."

Sir Galloway lifts his head.
"Me? Oh, that. I've drawn the glyphs in my notes. I don't have any idea what they mean, but I will be sure to take it to the scholars when we get back."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2015, 04:21:49 am »

"Well that worked out perfectly. He didn't even get to his monologue."

Look around for any sign of a stealthy get-away by the pillar man.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2015, 03:40:06 am »

((Bump for a response from Hazard and an action from Cheesecake))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crux Ultimum - The Inquisition Wants YOU! (Turn 8, page 8)
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2015, 02:04:07 am »

((Umm... almost half our players are MIA. Do we wait or continue?))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2015, 06:38:38 am »

"So you don't know about this glyph, right?"
Go outside if the guy doesn't go outside right now, if he did, follow him.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2015, 03:15:36 pm »

"So you don't know about this glyph, right?"

I don't have any idea what they mean

;)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10