Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Crux Ultimum - The Inquisition Wants YOU! (Turn 10, page 9)  (Read 15728 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Crux Ultimum - Standby (Turn 2, page 3)
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:58 pm »

((We'll have to wait to see if you actually succeed in upgrading my first molotov before too much can happen, it would be safest to wait until next turn.))

"These Molotovs are merely full of alcohol, traditionally Molotovs are made with oil, tar and/or petrol. These aren't as dangerous I would like them to be. Perhaps you know some way to increase the potential of these lesser Molotovs."

"Additionally I implore you to arm me with any weapons you might encounter, I ensure you that I can make great use of any armament."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2015, 10:28:15 pm »

"Well, I for one think that I deserve a bottle of wine. As you can tell by my demeanor, my rectum is still singed!"

Yank a bottle of wine (not turned into molotov) and douse my hot ass.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2015, 10:40:42 pm »

Face-palms at sight of wine being wasted.

"You should check the vintage before such use, no sense in wasting good wine."

"Barbarians, first the piano and now the wine you all have no respect for savory things."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2015, 10:57:43 pm »

"If you haven't noticed, we don't seem to be in a situation that allows luxury."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2015, 11:23:46 pm »

"Perhaps not luxury, but grace is ever important and there is no grace in the waste of a good vintage."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2015, 11:53:24 pm »

Desiccatus' scowl etched deeper into his face. "In the field of medicine, there is grace in the waste of a good vintage, when that vintage is used to disinfect wounds and save lives." As he says this, he pours the wine onto his ass.
Dying of laughter?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2015, 12:11:49 am »

Can I be a vampire? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

You may. However, be warned that standard Spark-based magic will not work. Instead you will use blood magic or whatever it is that the vampires use (mechanics are still in the air since they're a long way off).

Run past it towards the doctors office. As I run past it I place my hand on its left leg and cast "grow/endless/touch/blast" to make one of its legs much longer than the other. I want to get a 4 on this using luck points. I am still unsure how this works, but I think I'm figuring it out.

The doctor's office is on the other side, that is, the other side of the building. Not the other side of the rubble field. [Run Away!: 2] Same difference, though, because it turns out the thing can run, and it approaches stomping range with frightening speed. You whisper the Words as fast as you can before holding out your arm against the advancing foot.

(4) The foot swells to about the size of the monster's thigh. It grows in place, so it forces the much-heavier Legs away from you as it pushes your arm back, giving you a bit of a boost.

You make it to the doctor's office, having bought plenty of time. Legs is now struggling to limp across the ground toward you. Without arms to swing, it's almost impossible for it to walk with its newly-lowered center of gravity.

Gained [4] Luck, lost 1 from Words used.

Rob Grey, AKA Spiderking50
Luck: 5/12
Traits:
Master of Tomes: You are able to find Words hidden in any book, so long as you roll successfully
Master of Battle: If you change a character's physical status this turn, get +2 Luck. If you don't, lose 1 Luck.
Spoiler: Dictionary (5 words) (click to show/hide)
4 Entropy: Metal objects near you give off a slight warmth.

"Don't worry, Dessicatus, some wine will ease the pain."

Take books to stairs. Browse through using sunlight, not candle light.
Keep Morse code book set other on table for someone else to use.
Search through crates and racks for key or otherwise [4].
Unlock/Break the lock, then look inside. (Use 6 Luck for finding good stuff inside)
Upgrade Ray's mellowtov into molotov.

((I believe he set it on the table.))

[1] The fancy book is just that: fancy new-age nonsense. Clearly heretical, but it's not even the fashionable kind of heresy. It reeks of number mysticism and mathematical woo-woo that doesn't mean anything to you.
[6] The morse-code book, on the other hand, is a well-written piece of work. Informative, and perhaps useful to keep around in case you need to send a telegraph for whatever reason. It's hard to remember all the codes on your own.

As you close the book, the pages slip out of the cover and fall to the ground spread out. Here you notice something obvious in the spacing between the words: It's a set of glyphs of unknown meaning or use. It doesn't look like Ancient, which uses square and blocky glyphs and regular geometric shapes. No, these glyphs are curved and contain circles upon circlues inscribed within one another.

The least search for the key was thorough, but you do it again just for good measure. As before, you find no key, (4) although you do find a prybar in the corner of one of the crates, slipped between one of the bottles. There was also a hammer sticking out of the mud. A perfect combination to break the lock with!
(6) The crate contains a deed to the building (useless now), as well as a stack of bills, a mortgage paper, and a shotgun with a message soaked in alcohol attached.
The note reads: 'For the banker twins.'

The Mellotov does look like it could use an upgrade. However, this pub is unlikely to hold any fuel. You need a source of oil.
((My bad for not specifying the upgrade cost before. No Luck deducted.))

Gained [6] Luck for finding hammer/prybar, [5] Luck for discovering the chest contents,

Jasper Jones, AKA Tomasque
Luck: 7/12
Traits:
The Art of War: Once a turn, you can make a single allied attack Piercing lvl 3 (ignores any modifiers by worn armor or magic, up to 3), but not your own
The War Machine: +1 to upgrade rolls
The Gift of Silence: The NPC you are persuading gets a +1 to his die
Inventory:
Lit Candle
Hammer: Bears a heart glyph on the eye.
Prybar
Double-Barreled Shotgun (loaded)
Mellowtov: Does not deal damage, but can ignite flammables. Can be upgraded for free with a 'fuel' item.

"Damn.... I hope you found what you were looking for, plebe." Desiccatus' thoughts drift to the man outside. Perhaps it was a bit too cruel to keep him locked out.

Look out the window, see if Rob's fine.

Rob seems to be gone. You also hear footsteps, and big ones at that. Judging from the direction of the sound, they just ran right past the pub and are now heading backward, and they're far too heavy to be Rob's.

"Well, I for one think that I deserve a bottle of wine. As you can tell by my demeanor, my rectum is still singed!"

Yank a bottle of wine (not turned into molotov) and douse my hot ass.

The wine, it burns! The burn won't go away, but you can now safely ignore it knowing that whatever disease lurked in that old lock has now perished.

Dodging now only costs luck if the attack requires you to move your whole body, rather than just dodging in general.

Desiccatus Morbid, AKA Cheesecake
Luck: 6/12
Traits:
Elusive: When an NPC has never seen you, his Alertness to you is reduced by 1
Creative: Performing an action using medical equipment gives +2 Luck
Reclusive: Actions targeting other people cost 2 Luck, unless *ahem* something else is speaking for you (money, a knife, etc.)
Spoiler: Dictionary (5 words) (click to show/hide)
Burnt/Doused Bottom: A rather awkward injury. Dodging attacks will cost 1 Luck if it requires you to move your whole body

Folds arms and dons a annoyed (but very slightly amused) face at the disorderly and unorganized action.

"You shouldn't treat such a fine instrument in such a crude fashion."

Begins making more pseudo-Molotovs with available equipment.

"Jones I'll need your help if you ever can spare the time, I have a feeling we'll need a lot more gear than a single Molotov."

Takes upgraded (or potentially so) Mellowtov.

"Also I think I'll manage the Molotovs, I've become convinced that this entire ordeal is going to be unsightly for me no matter what I do."

((I doubt a prince would "yank a bottle off the counter," yanking is very undignified.))

You fashion more mellowtovs, carefully folding the paper to minimize sogginess, [1] although you are running out of paper. You are only able to make 3 more.
Paper doesn't seem like a good material for the stuffing. The longevity is more likely to be measured in minutes rather than hours.

Raioyris Carolean, AKA Wunderkatze
Luck: 6/12
Traits:
Princely Wisdom: Gain 1 Luck at the end of each turn if you have less than 6 Luck
Prodigial Son: Each item you buy or sell costs 1 Luck
Inventory:
Estoc: Sharp and good for stabbing, but lacks a cutting edge.
Mellowtov x3: Does not deal damage, but can ignite flammables. Can be upgraded for free with a 'fuel' item.

I best not stray too far, seeing I'm unarmed.

Watch the stranger for any movement.

He continues drinking, but it doesn't really count as movement.

YOu hear loud footsteps behind you, and you see Rob getting chased by a giant pair of legs wrapped in thick bandages (Awareness: 2, Caution: 1). You dispassionately look away just as it raises its foot to crush him, expecting a loud splat. Instead, however, you hear no splat and some massive stumbling. The foot the legs used to step on Rob is now huge and swollen, giving the creature major problems when walking. Rob is running out into the street behind the pub, toward the doctor's office.

Meanwhile, the cloaked guy is still drinking. (Awareness: 1, Caution: 1)

Cost of staying hidden: 3(-1) = 2

Varl Kantor, AKA HighEndNoob
Luck: 5/12
Traits:
xDreadcloakx: -1 Luck cost per turn for staying hidden
xDarkbladex: All stealth attack targets (including Cautious ones) roll a 1 for defense
xJokerx: Lose 2 Luck whenever you are attacked
xSinisterx: Bartering NPC's get a +1 to their dice rolls

There was quite a lot of thudding outside this turn. It seems to have stopped, though, and the source is getting further away.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Crux Ultimum - Standby (Turn 3, page 4)
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2015, 12:18:39 am »

Desiccatus' ears perked. "Hear that? Those footsteps hit the ground too hard. I don't think they're human...."

Peek out one last time. Look for the source.
Dying of laughter?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2015, 12:32:12 am »

Enter the doctors office and look for supplies.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2015, 10:47:23 am »

So the morse-code book has glyphs hidden in the writing? And now all its pages are loose from the binding?
Do I know what the heart glyph means? Was there any extra ammo for the shotgun?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2015, 01:51:58 pm »

So the morse-code book has glyphs hidden in the writing? And now all its pages are loose from the binding?
Do I know what the heart glyph means? Was there any extra ammo for the shotgun?

((No, the binding is loose from the cover. It's like the paper covering a lot of hardcover books.

The heart-glyph is unrelated to the book, and you don't know what it means. No extra ammo.))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2015, 08:04:08 pm »

"Hey Ray, you might want this candle for the Mellowtovs. Oh, and take this 'tov to. I didn't have the materials to work on it."

Put pages back in book.
Go outside. When I see the doctors office, explore it for useful materials.
Upgrade materials into improvised piercing/blunt weapons.

((I don't want to waste a turn just getting a flavor text of the view outside. If you consider this metagaming, I'll change my action.))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:37:51 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2015, 08:32:25 pm »

"Hey Ray, you might want this candle for the Mellowtovs. Oh, and take this 'tov to. I didn't have the materials to work on it."

Go outside. When I see the doctors office, go explore it.
((I don't want to waste a turn just getting a flavor text of the view outside. If you consider this metagaming, I'll change my action.))
((You'll see it since it's in plain sight, so it's not really metagaming--the stated action involves seeing it.

I might do the flavortext anyway~))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2015, 08:46:35 pm »

Takes mellowtov and candle from Jasper.

"Not human? Interesting..."

Eager smile appears on face. Jumps out window and joins team near/in hospital.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2015, 11:36:07 pm »

The doctors office looks promising. I should be able to at least find a knife or something.

Sneak away from the 2 demons to the Doctor's Office.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10