Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Crux Ultimum - The Inquisition Wants YOU! (Turn 10, page 9)  (Read 15745 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Crux Ultimum - Standby (Turn 6, page 5)
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2015, 10:41:08 pm »

Is there still metal left?

((A whole pile, in fact. Enough for [3]x[5] = 15 more upgrades, although you can't carry it all with you.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2015, 08:41:55 pm »

That's odd. I wonder whats going on in the tavern.

Re-enter stealth and approach the tavern cautiously, taking a closer look at what the bald guy is watching.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crux Ultimum - Standby (Turn 5, page 5)
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2015, 08:43:14 pm »

((Bump for Tomasque))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2015, 01:14:31 am »

Flee into nearest building. Slam door behind me. Barricade if I have time or am not attacked by anything else.

[3] You flee behind a wall into the ruin of a building, open to the sky. The giant animal remains silent for a couple of seconds... but then you hear a sweep, something leaping from behind the wall.

The chicken leaps up on top of the ruined wall, but doesn't quite scale it, so it is caught on the wall balancing on its belly. The wall shakes and bits of rubble start flaking off. As it turns out, there are no other doors in this building. There is a countertop, about a meter high, as well as several chairs and a few pots, some broken, others knocked over. The walls are two-to-three meters high and the ceiling seems to have collapsed, as there are roof shingles and pieces of asphalt strewn everywhere.

Rob Grey, AKA Spiderking50
Luck: 2/12
Traits:
Master of Tomes: You are able to find Words hidden in any book, so long as you roll successfully
Master of Battle: If you change a character's physical status this turn, get +2 Luck. If you don't, lose 1 Luck.
Spoiler: Dictionary (5 words) (click to show/hide)
none

[No action detected]

There is a rumbling from the ground.

One of the paladins proposes the battle has come near. Captain Wittelsbach reiterates the statement, then orders the paladins to stand and dust off their arms.
"Men, we must prepare for the oncoming threat. We shall hold on to this spot with our lives, for our blood is spilled at a price. Each body we deny them, the necromancers have one less slave to command."
The paladin with the glowing handprints interferes with the speech: "Sir, we must find the healer that saved me. His skills are remarkable."
"Indeed! Sir Asterix, I order you to enter the city and find the healer. He cannot have gone far. Consult with him and ask him to stay, for his services will save many lives."
A knight stands from among those sitting at the lamp, dons his helmet, and strikes a salute, before walking out.

Jasper Jones, AKA Tomasque
Luck: 5/12
Traits:
The Art of War: Once a turn, you can make a single allied attack Piercing lvl 3 (ignores any modifiers by worn armor or magic, up to 3), but not your own
The War Machine: +1 to upgrade rolls
The Gift of Silence: The NPC you are persuading gets a +1 to his die
Inventory:
Hammer: Bears a heart glyph on the eye.
Double-Barreled Shotgun (loaded)
Morse Code Manual: It has unusual curved glyphs hidden in the spacing of the text, visible only at arm's reach.
Lit Candle

"Damn! I shouldn't be here, it seems."

Dash to where I last saw the others going into.

[3] You run as fast as your legs can carry you as the ground beneath your feet rumbles. You feel your altitude rising, but you don't look back and just continue to flee.
You continue running, even as you careen off the edge of the sudden plateau that just formed. [2] You right yourself in the air and land on the ground five meters below, putting all the brunt of the energy on one poor, abused foot, sending a shock of pain up your spine. But at least you made it!

The plateau continues to grow higher above you. Unable to sprint, you limp away in the direction of the tavern, fleeing to the ruined city. However, you hear a burp to your left, and turn your head to see a tall, muscular, and rather obese man wearing a deep blue cape and dragging around a barrel of wine. Liquid still issues from a hole in the barrel.
"Well whadda we got here. Hey, you! I'm trying to tell you something!"

You hear a voice from the giant plateau the bald man just summoned. It is, in fact, the bald man.
"Pin him down! I'm counting on you, Blaskow!"

Desiccatus Morbid, AKA Cheesecake
Luck: 6/12
Traits:
Elusive: When an NPC has never seen you, his Alertness to you is reduced by 1
Creative: Performing an action using medical equipment gives +2 Luck
Reclusive: Actions targeting other people cost 2 Luck, unless *ahem* something else is speaking for you (money, a knife, etc).
Spoiler: Dictionary (5 words) (click to show/hide)
Burnt/Doused Bottom: A rather awkward injury. Dodging attacks will cost 1 Luck if it requires you to move your whole body
Sprained Foot: Running away incurs a -1 to the die (cannot roll 6's anymore)

Take knifebar with a look of blank awe.

"You call it a knifebar?"

Stares at knifebar completely dumbfounded "I have never seen such a weapon."

This not a great implement for princely combat but I can't deny it's potential. This gruesume device practically embodies the brutal martial spirit, such a unholy thing.

"Perhaps it would be wise to convene with the others. It would be a shame if something was to happen to one of them."

The knifebar adds to your arsenal, [2] but it seems you are holding a bit much. You have a medium-sized longsword, a durable mace, three knives, and four bottles, all on your person. It's getting difficult to carry it all, but it won't affect you unless you keep adding to your arsenal.

Raioyris Carolean, AKA Wunderkatze
Luck: 6/12
Traits:
Princely Wisdom: Gain 1 Luck at the end of each turn if you have less than 6 Luck
Prodigial Son: Each item you buy or sell costs 1 Luck
Inventory:
Estoc: Sharp and good for stabbing, but lacks a cutting edge. (Upgrade: 2 Luck + material)
Mellowtov x4: Does not deal damage, but can ignite flammables. Can be upgraded for free with a 'fuel' item.
Throwing Knife: Shifts damage roll down for melee strikes, up for thrown attacks. (Upgrade: 1 Luck + material)
Doctor's Knife x2 (Upgrade: 1 Luck + material)
Reinforced Knifebar: Gives you +1 to persuasion when used, but may provoke combat (Upgrade: 1 Luck + material)
Almost encumbered: Adding another large weapon or heavy item to your inventory will incur a Luck cost to all actions.

That's odd. I wonder whats going on in the tavern.

Re-enter stealth and approach the tavern cautiously, taking a closer look at what the bald guy is watching.

(You were already stealthed in the Vicinity of Tavern area, so you do not need to re-hide)

The giant legs seem to be lying on the ground, not moving. You're not sure why, but it doesn't seem aware of your presence. Or at least, it's not responding to your presence.

The drunkard from behind the tavern has left. You follow in the direction he went, probably out toward the hillside (and the battle) and see him approaching Desiccatus menacingly. (His Caution: 1)

There seems to be a tall cliff that just formed. It's circular and roughly thirty meters in radius, centered on the single tall pillar you saw before.

Luck cost per turn: 2-1 = 1

Varl Kantor, AKA HighEndNoob
Luck: 8/12
Traits:
xDreadcloakx: -1 Luck cost per turn for staying hidden
xDarkbladex: All stealth attack targets (including Cautious ones) roll a 1 for defense
xJokerx: Lose 2 Luck whenever you are attacked
xSinisterx: Bartering NPC's get a +1 to their dice rolls
Implements:
Bronze Knife (1 Luck + material needed to upgrade)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:46:44 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Crux Ultimum - Standby (Turn 7, page 7)
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2015, 08:46:50 am »

(How do I decrease Entropy? I've has 9 for several turns)

While it is stuck on its stomach I quietly try to find a weapon and look for somewhere to escape to.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2015, 08:58:27 am »

Isolate/Imbue/Strike on the guy's barrel of wine!

(I'm still not sure about how this spell system works :p This is right, right?)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2015, 02:13:13 pm »

(How do I decrease Entropy? I've has 9 for several turns)

While it is stuck on its stomach I quietly try to find a weapon and look for somewhere to escape to.

((Sorry! I've been forgetting to decrement it. You've rolled 6 and 3 on your last actions, so you now have 0 entropy.

I'll be sure(er) to remember the effects of Entropy in the future.))

Isolate/Imbue/Strike on the guy's barrel of wine!

(I'm still not sure about how this spell system works :p This is right, right?)

((Yes.))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2015, 04:28:42 pm »

((Do I have vision or any clue as to what is happening to my fellow party members?))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2015, 04:29:44 pm »

((How would you?))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2015, 05:42:23 pm »

((I mean I'm not sure how far I am physically from the others or what kind of noises I can hear.))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2015, 06:10:37 pm »

Rob is currently outside in the city, having disappeared.

Jasper and Ray are in the same building, presumably in the Doctor's office. They heard the rooster's crow.

Varl and Desiccatus are currently in the original tavern area.

((You can go either place and react to the situations at hand without metagaming, though, since you'll discover everything on-sight.))

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2015, 07:35:26 pm »

(I'd actually really like to get back to people, please come save me.)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2015, 07:43:34 pm »

"Jones, It seems we may have to postpone our exploration plans."

Follows noise to Rob.

That's a big chicken, someone seems to have disturbed it. I wonder how fast it is.

"Anyone there? If so stay clear."

I wish I had a spear or a longer range weapon. I don't trust this chicken to be slow enough to easily outmaneuver.

Attacks chicken with knifebar in a princely display of combat. [3] (<-- luck) Assigns remaining luck/new found luck to avoiding getting kicked by flailing chicken feet.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2015, 08:29:36 pm »

((I do not have the time to be part of this anymore.))

Offer all my stuff to Ray. Then others, if he refuses.
Explain my quest of finding the meaning of the manual's glyphs to whoever takes the manual, so that they may continue in my footsteps.
Turn my character into NPC who works for the Paladins, repairing weapons and using his Art of War ability to their advantage. [5]
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2015, 01:35:55 am »

((I do not have the time to be part of this anymore.))

Offer all my stuff to Ray. Then others, if he refuses.
Explain my quest of finding the meaning of the manual's glyphs to whoever takes the manual, so that they may continue in my footsteps.
Turn my character into NPC who works for the Paladins, repairing weapons and using his Art of War ability to their advantage. [5]

((That's a shame, it was great to have you as a player. Good luck!

Looks like H4zardZ1 is in. PM'ing him with some questions.))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10