Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [DFHack] Could not move item  (Read 3410 times)

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
[DFHack] Could not move item
« on: July 23, 2015, 12:51:21 am »

When I use auto dump, occasionally I get the message "Could not move item". What causes this?
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DFHack] Could not move item
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 07:45:50 am »

Many things can cause that. Try downloading this script, placing it in your hack/scripts folder, and running "troubleshoot" with the item selected.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:18 pm »

Most (if not all) of the time it is because of 1 simple reason: item is in use.
If there's a task pending for the item (like hauling) autodump will fail. It will also forbid the item. If you leave it forbidden, unpause a few seconds, mark to dump and try again you will usually find it works.
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 01:57:51 pm »

Yeah, that's what that script attempts to figure out. There are a few less-obvious cases, such as when the item is part of an inactive building job, where DFHack won't touch the item but it's difficult to figure out why if you have a lot of buildings designated.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 04:32:53 pm »

Most (if not all) of the time it is because of 1 simple reason: item is in use.
If there's a task pending for the item (like hauling) autodump will fail. It will also forbid the item. If you leave it forbidden, unpause a few seconds, mark to dump and try again you will usually find it works.

Thanks guys. That fixed it.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 10:48:26 am »

I had a problem once where my conveyor workshops would not move items that had a hauling job. My solution? Look for the hauling job and delete it. Works like a charm. Why dosn't autodump do something similar?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 01:03:44 pm »

Because then we'd have complaints of jobs being cancelled by autodump, and autodump is only supposed to move items that aren't attached to jobs, buildings, etc.