Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It's so easy to push "s" for search when you meant "q" for "query"...  (Read 930 times)

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...there really should be an "are your sure you want to seize the goods?" dialog if you hit "s" on the trading window by mistake.

(I tried 'o'ffering goods worth quadruple the value of what I accidentally stole, but the human merchant isn't interested.)

They brought eight wagons, and I had a tonne of junk I wanted to get rid of. So I had a massive amount of goods selected on both halves of the window. Before hitting 't'rade, I tried to do a 's'earch for iron items that I could buy to melt. Oops.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:57:52 pm by MobRules »
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(accidental double post)
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Search is a dfhack thing. Offering gives the goods to the civ, not the merchant. You can change the binding of seize to Shift+S. You might even be able to rebind the search key from the dfhack config file the script that controls it.

Edit: Found the line that controls it. Not sure what changing it entails. I hope you don't have to compile your own version of dfhack just for that.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:16:16 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reminds me of one of my first forts where I intentionally pressed s to sort all goods the humans brought by size...

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Search is a dfhack thing. Offering gives the goods to the civ, not the merchant. You can change the binding of seize to Shift+S. You might even be able to rebind the search key from the dfhack config file the script that controls it.

Edit: Found the line that controls it. Not sure what changing it entails. I hope you don't have to compile your own version of dfhack just for that.

Ah, thanks for the info! Yeah, I think I'm going to have to mod that.

@Uggh -- Ugh =p