Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: P.A.T.R.O.L.- Pointless Aggression Towards Resistance-Occupied Locales[Forum RP]  (Read 4887 times)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's mostly the jerry can and food and the like. 6 WT for the carrier can, 2 for Chlorine, 4 for rations, 2 for tobacco...

On the other hand, we're probably well set for water. Oh, how heavy are Claymores?

I might change Explosives to Trapper or something if I don't end up having any. I might drop half my consumables for a pair of demo charges or something.

Oh, and do Punji sticks need to be carried to be used, or can they be created in the field like it sorta seems?
You can create them where you're placing them, or create/start with them then carry them around.  Claymores are WT 2, XP 0.

I'll say that, with the rules as they are, people only need to drink water in especially hot weather which the first mission is not.  So you don't actually need the jerrycan at this point.  That seems strange though, considering that missions can go on for days - I'll be asking the developer about it, and the second mission may suddenly have the need for lots of drinking water.

On the other hand, if you get below 40 weight that eliminates a smallish speed penalty - again, not super important on the first mission which is simple since nobody knows the mechanics, but it may be worth just leaving the jerrycan behind and not replacing it until later since it's free.  You could also dump some standard equipment if you like - historically, the flak jacket and field jacket were popular candidates for that - but of course then you won't have it anymore.

Here are the characters as I have them now:  any corrections or changes?

Spoiler: ATHATH - Johnny (click to show/hide)
Are you a Rifleman or Intel MOS?  You've got to pick one.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:58:20 pm by Draxis »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm a rifleman in terms of stats, but a diplomat/Intel in terms of my role.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I'll drop my Jerrycan and chlorine tablets, then. I'll grab a pair of demo charges and a pair of claymores in their place, I think.

That should be good otherwise, though, I believe.

I don't believe, ATHATH, that you can mix and match like that, other than purely for roleplay purposes, and even then, if you're listed as a rifleman, you're listed as a rifleman, not an Intel, on the army databases.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll drop my Jerrycan and chlorine tablets, then. I'll grab a pair of demo charges and a pair of claymores in their place, I think.

I don't believe, ATHATH, that you can mix and match like that, other than purely for roleplay purposes, and even then, if you're listed as a rifleman, you're listed as a rifleman, not an Intel, on the army databases.
That's right - you can do whatever you want, but your MOS is definitely Rifleman.  Looks like your items and skills were based on Rifleman, though, so the current setup is just fine.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, Draxis, I'm dropping the chlorine tablets as well. So I can carry my rifle, and all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I get three more first aid kits?
That would take you above your Weight Limit when you got your WT 4 rifle but you still can if you want, or get two to stay at the limit.Nevermind!  The rifle is only WT 3.  Adding them.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:46:28 pm by Draxis »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, Draxis, I'm dropping the chlorine tablets as well. So I can carry my rifle, and all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixed.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's right - you can do whatever you want, but your MOS is definitely Rifleman.  Looks like your items and skills were based on Rifleman, though, so the current setup is just fine.
Okay, I'm a rifleman.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 2 [3]