Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: You are Vase-thulu! Rise of the Elder Gods Edition [SG]  (Read 15008 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Vase! [SG]
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2015, 08:49:44 pm »

Pondok Kaki Lima does not have any decorations of the sort! It's a street stall bazaar featuring delicious Indonesian cuisine down on Huntington Drive.

Nevertheless, your lust for control and minions compels you to animate something else instead. Errant cutlery have risen from their tombs of Rubbermaid and StoneTec. They no longer follow reality's rules and laws.

Not long after, you've proven that you causing chaos just now was purely justified; the police have chased all of your thrall instances unfettered. Wait, the police don't look too fine; they sport glowing yellow eyes. Yellow...? Hastur's still on to your fine shiny exterior! Just how did he...

Oh. You left your tentacular-hijacked thralls alone on that Warehouse. Right. Using all of the reality-bending forces you can muster, you directly crush the metal of each police car into itself, leaving the sirens intact. You figure if you found an engineer, you could quickly adopt their knowledge of wiring and energy and tap electricity from the roadside powerlines to trigger your best weapon yet, the Siren Tower of Catcalls.

Wait, you already seem to know some knowledge about wiring, you feel. Seeking for that particular source of info, you discover that the thief hauling you over to this place was actually a dabbling engineer. You immediately bring that guy back to where you are, double-time and have him construct the tower.

----------

More police cars pass, get crushed, and your minion is as efficient as ever. The Siren tower is complete, for the most part, since it's modular. You trigger it, hoping you can get reinforcements.

...and nothing happens. Not even meows from the distance or anything. Just pure, blank silence.

The panicked vendors and civilians of Pondok Kaki Lima are now enthralled by Hastur himself. They walk toward you slowly, arms raised almost as if like some kind of stereotypical zombie. Your thrall, the only source of physical and material-world eyes, spies a copy of the legendary Morris R'lyeh tome, in full color! You realize this may be the only choice you have right now, since a single person calling upon Pazuzu is bound to take some time or massive amounts of sacrifices that you need to acquire, compared to having a congregation of worshipers or something.

"You realize that there's a cost to summoning me, right?, the thralls speak in unison. "I, Hastur, have spent so much time looking for you, Vase, since you were long forgotten and misplaced. Now that I have you in my sights, I am not letting go."

Sheets of newspaper, tissue, and beef satay plates tear and wrap around the air, forming a modern facsimile of one of Hastur's identities: The King in Yellow.

You are a vase, placed haphazardly on a plastic shelf, in the midst of imploded cars and an awkward installation of red and blue lights that call for a horde that haven't responded yet. Around you are Hastur's thralls and his avatar, the King in Yellow. You only have a single thrall in your control. What do you do?

--------------------

Breaking News:

Homeowners around the world reported of a massive feline exodus towards a certain location. Satellite imaging shows that the felines have grown in numbers and are approaching California. There have also been reports around fisheries of missing Catfish, and in zoos for missing zoo animals. The government has issued an emergency alert throughout the country, advising people to stay in their homes until the situation is cleared.

That's all for...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2015, 08:56:02 pm »

Teleport to Cthulhu. He'll provide asylum, we've definitely driven enough mortals insane today to fill his requirements.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2015, 09:06:11 pm »

Stuff Hastur into self.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2015, 08:54:53 pm »

Stuff Hastur into self.
Better idea: send a shard into Hastur's avatar.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2015, 08:58:00 pm »

Stuff Hastur into self.
Better idea: send a shard into Hastur's avatar.
+1

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2015, 09:38:54 pm »

Teleport to Cthulhu. He'll provide asylum, we've definitely driven enough mortals insane today to fill his requirements.
+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2015, 09:40:50 pm »

+1
-1, there is a reason that Cthulu hasn't woken up yet.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2015, 10:02:57 pm »

Then wake him up. The time is nigh.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2015, 02:41:41 am »

You know what's worse than an Elder God trying to get your ceramic ass? TWO Elder gods trying to get your ceramic ass.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2015, 03:20:55 am »

You know what's worse than an Elder God trying to get your ceramic ass? TWO Elder gods trying to get your ceramic ass.
They could start fighting and it'd be like watching a 3D Godzilla movie.

Sigged, by the way.
Dying of laughter?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2015, 05:47:08 am »

The air intensifies. Hastur is gathering most of the discarded paper to decorate his King in Yellow avatar. His thralls look at you intensely, slowly approaching you. They want you. They want your power. You can't allow that.

You attempt to read the awkward grimoire of betentacled horrors as written by the legendary Luke J. Morris. He was scholarly, and out of compassion he wrote the tome for his children. Etched upon the enchanted papyrus (is that what they still use for book material nowadays?) are the legendary illustrations of Mo Simpson. If you're going to crack today, you might as well crack spectacularly.

And oh boy, did you crack spectacularly. Mustering all of the pathetic human power your thrall possesses, you make him read out loud the enchanted runes within the papyrus.

And Hastur cringes at the sight.

"What is the meaning of this? You wish to insult my very being by reading aloud a half-witted children's book? I WILL HAVE NONE OF THAT!", the King in Yellow exclaimed. A paper tentacle shoves you from your pedestal, straight to the surface composed of magnificent Portland cement, shattering you into pieces.

Just as planned, as you are the master of the winds, more so than the damned King in Yellow, whose form of paper and shadow whirls around in front of you self-importantly. You gather your selves - your individual sharp pieces of ceramic, full of hate, malice and other negative emotional states, and thrust each piece into the avatar of Hastur, who is subsequently torn into shreds. Winds might be strong, but paper is still paper, and you tear it down with much gusto.

Just as your pieces are about to fly away from the battleground, most certainly to be forgotten by the general populace and your adversaries, you put each piece to a halt and reform them into cracked vase-forms, which you then smash together in midair and send straight into Hastur's thralls.

They are now bleeding. Also under your control, for your rage is unparalleled.

Your foe reforms and enhances his form further with dark forces, and you prepare for the worst, when...

A dark shadow looms from the strip of sand they call Long Beach. It is in many ways taller than most of the skyscrapers and buildings in the region. The face sports a telltale set of squidbeards, and its expression is a mite bit angrier than you first thought.

Cthulhu has awoken, and he has come with the felines you summoned since you were in the Warehouse. Cats; lions; tigers; catfish, they're all here, albeit they might already be dead.

And you're unsure if they're here to help or make your existence a living hell.

Hastur is distracted; his thralls under your control, and the paper King in Yellow is wounded. Cthulhu has awoken, and help may have arrived. What do you do, thou vase floating in the air?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2015, 05:53:16 am »

Okay, I'm counting that as one and a half elder gods trying to get our ceramic ass.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2015, 05:55:03 am »

If only because Hastur hasn't manifested himself yet, in his entirety. Paper can only do so much for shielding.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2015, 06:00:54 am »

Run. Now.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2015, 06:02:08 am »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7