Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1668618 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1005 on: March 17, 2016, 09:02:11 pm »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 17, 2016, 09:10:47 pm »

Was it longer than quills 40min cat-pire?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 17, 2016, 09:58:20 pm »

Was it longer than quills 40min cat-pire?
its an hour of hilarity and blorg.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 17, 2016, 10:39:10 pm »

its an hour of hilarity and blorg.
Affirmative. Resistance is futile.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 17, 2016, 11:28:56 pm »

Face-cam makes a re-appearance though. Not sure if it's the same size but it definitely takes up a sizeable chunk, and has the same overlay. Don't know how long it stays, it starts as soon as they load into the game.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1010 on: March 18, 2016, 12:06:31 am »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:26:37 am by Dansmithers »
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 18, 2016, 02:04:53 am »

[At any rate, if you're critiquing my joke in earnest, your choices of quibbles seem a bit odd to me.  I'd consider "butt/but", "plane/plain", "won/one", "inn/in", "ayes/eyes", "seams/seems", "too/two", "their/there", and "compliments/complements" to all be phonetically identical to within a margin of error, and I'd consider "too", "their", and especially "compliments" to be very, very common mistakes made by native speakers.  On the flip side, I wouldn't consider "won/one" to be a common mistake made by a native speaker at all.  I also wouldn't consider "discreet" and "discrete" to be identical at all, especially if one considers "compliment" and "complement" to be highly distinct.
"Butt" and "ayes" have a longer vowels than "but" and "eyes", "inn" has a longer consonant than "in", and "their" is often so lengthened as to be arguably bisyllabic, though it does have overlap with "there". "plain" and "seems" and "ayes" are pronounced higher than "plane", "seams" and "eyes". They're all within margin of error for a non-native (but well-educated) speaker of English. They're still not mistakes that an English-speaker would normally make. "won"/"one" is a case that I called out as an exception because of pronunciation but the usage is very distinct and both words are common. "compliment" and "complement" are each pronounced with the same second syllable vowel as they're written as having, at least in every dialect of English I can recall hearing the words in (to be fair, they're not words I commonly use internationally) and not only are "discrete" and
"discreet" identical to me, but I can think of no reasonable pronunciation in which they're more different than any of the words you consider to be the same.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 18, 2016, 02:40:52 am »

^Look. I'm Australian. We are literally the last bastion of the Empire.

Including Scotland and Ireland. And yes, Wales as well.

You are incorrect.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:42:33 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 18, 2016, 03:02:54 am »

"Many Australians have been enhancing themselves with yeastoid brew-based technology and barely see themselves as a part of their parent Empire any more. They are fitter, healthier, more comely, fuck better, and tend to destroy their parent empire at cricket. They now consider themselves as Post-Pommy-Gits."
It's a game. Have fun.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1015 on: March 18, 2016, 03:11:51 am »

~~~
Holy crap you're literally arguing over words.

Stuppit.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 18, 2016, 03:23:21 am »

Even funnier, no one realizes there's still a Great British Empire. Not even English people. From England.

It's a sorry state to be in, I'll grant you that.

It's probably best to let the poor English language be used or misused, as the case may be. It's more-or-less a "use it as you know it" call, has been for hundreds of years. English Professors aside.

I doubt the Queen would mind :)
It's a game. Have fun.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1017 on: March 18, 2016, 03:25:04 am »

Commonwealth of Nations != British Empire

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 18, 2016, 03:29:15 am »

Head of Government through an Attorney General/Governor General in Australia = Queen of England and the Great British Empire.

It's just somantics, but meh. If your name isn't Queen Elizabeth II, and I find money on the ground, it isn't yours. I'm just tidying up the place a bit for the little lass.

edit: titles and stuff.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 04:01:36 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1019 on: March 18, 2016, 03:36:43 am »

... no, the Governor-Generals have no power. Officially, they can reject legislation made by the local government (except in Australia, that power was revoked) but doing so would kick up a shitstorm (see Australia).
As a result, the Queen of England and the British parliament have no direct influence over their former colonies. Any ties to England are basically just ceremonial (barring various treaties, but that's not the same thing as an empire).
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 632